Page 20 of 23 [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2012, 9:04 am

I feel there is no need to post every single autism related news, specially the negative ones like this, because most of them are half-baked research. Secondly, you have a lot of knowledge about autism, but me and Jignesh only know about aspergers. So when there are questions about autism, we will not be able to help you, you will have to handle them alone. So let's only post stuff that we all know about. Even if there are less posts if they are relevant, they will have enough impact. Let me know what you think about this.

Wow, you are a fast learner, I guess I underestimated you. Yes that's a very nice site. Hope you have enough to start with before you officially join a class. If you're stuck somewhere, you can ask us :).

How do NTs do that?

Lady-ivy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Feb 2012, 7:39 pm

Dhawal wrote:
I feel there is no need to post every single autism related news, specially the negative ones like this, because most of them are half-baked research. Secondly, you have a lot of knowledge about autism, but me and Jignesh only know about aspergers. So when there are questions about autism, we will not be able to help you, you will have to handle them alone. So let's only post stuff that we all know about. Even if there are less posts if they are relevant, they will have enough impact. Let me know what you think about this.

Wow, you are a fast learner, I guess I underestimated you. Yes that's a very nice site. Hope you have enough to start with before you officially join a class. If you're stuck somewhere, you can ask us :).

i dont think this was negative news it is more like in the of that is interesting research. or you looking for happy storys news not in research. i would be happy if they inculded more happy story news about autisitcs but there is so few in between and they are rare sadly .i know alot about the aspergers too, i say autism to talk about the whole strrouim, i dont want to disinclude my PDD NOS i do inculde aspergers when i say autism . i understand you want just to have aspergers .PDD NOS is pretty close to aspergers i go though the same stuff as someone with aspergers

This is what makes me PDD NOS not someone with aspergers When might a person receive a diagnosis of PDD-NOS?
•A high-functioning group (24%) who resembled people with Asperger syndrome but had transient language delay or mild cognitive impairment (such that they could not receive the Asperger diagnosis which requires no speech or cognitive delay).

so i guess PDD NOS is a kind of aspergers. i will try to find more realted aspergers stuff not just fits the whole sptiruam.

thank you, becouse am fast learner, am waiting for that day when we can all commucate in hindi. so it might make it easier for jhomes to understand. now i am glad am getting help from with a lengege that spoken and writtien natively by friends i talk to. this makes the process in learning easier.

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2012, 4:32 am

Image I should have said aspergers and PDD-NOS. You're so similar to me, I keep forgetting you're not exactly an aspie :). Me and Jignesh would definitely be able to relate to PDD-NOS, so let's post stuff related to all high-functioning autism, not just aspergers. When I said you know a lot about autism, I meant the whole spectrum, not just classic or low-functioning autism. Because of this, you're possibly the most important member of the group.

By negative I didn't mean depressing. I mean phrases like 'risk of autism' make it sound like a disease, just the way 'cure of autism' does. I hope I'm able to make it clear.

I also came across another site - http://www.digitaldialects.com/Hindi.htm . Many of the sections have audio, see if it is helpful to you.

How do NTs do that?

Lady-ivy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Feb 2012, 11:32 pm

Dhawal wrote:
Image I should have said aspergers and PDD-NOS. You're so similar to me, I keep forgetting you're not exactly an aspie :). Me and Jignesh would definitely be able to relate to PDD-NOS, so let's post stuff related to all high-functioning autism, not just aspergers. When I said you know a lot about autism, I meant the whole spectrum, not just classic or low-functioning autism. Because of this, you're possibly the most important member of the group.

By negative I didn't mean depressing. I mean phrases like 'risk of autism' make it sound like a disease, just the way 'cure of autism' does. I hope I'm able to make it clear.

I also came across another site - http://www.digitaldialects.com/Hindi.htm . Many of the sections have audio, see if it is helpful to you.

agree that clears everyting, let put both. i am thinking we might have to explain the difference between them. i sometimes wander if you or Jignesh might have PDD NOS :chin: . i know if i was in a position were i cant find a place to get offeical dinanose. i would even self dianose my self with asperger. they are very alike like. but it is very clear you guys have a form of high functioning autism

oh thanks and thanks returns to you guys too. without you i chould never been able put my expertives about autism on internet. both you guys have rad computer skills

ok got you. i thought you were talking about clear out autism.

even though the resurch is interesting. i dislike how they word risk also i wish they would reword the thing differently.

this is helpful. thanks alot again :D

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2012, 8:36 am

The language/speech delay part we can ask our parents, but the cognition part I didn't understand clearly.

Do keep us updated on your progress with hindi!

How do NTs do that?

Lady-ivy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Feb 2012, 5:35 pm

Dhawal wrote:
The language/speech delay part we can ask our parents, but the cognition part I didn't understand clearly.

Do keep us updated on your progress with hindi!

I will differently keep you guys updated. when i speck my first word( i make it almost sound like i am a baby who learnt their first word) , we can have somewhat of a cyper party, but lets keep it quiet for us autistics :lmao:

this what congnition means http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognition. reading it i think you may have problem with it too with your memory.

if you want to know more about PDD NOS. i have thread going on about it http://aspergersindia.forumotion.in/t36 ... rgers-twin.

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2012, 3:25 am

I know the meaning of cognition, by the cognition part I meant, I didn't exactly understand what they (DSM folks or whoever) mean by 'mild cognitive impairment'. Are there any specifications, or they decide on their own? Is it related to only childhood, or is it related to overall life?

Maybe you can clear this in the 'PDD-NOS aspergers twin' thread itself. And um.. I was thinking, maybe not such a good idea to post another forum's link directly in this thread. What do you think?

How do NTs do that?

Lady-ivy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Feb 2012, 2:22 pm

The mild cognitive part can effect the mental processes in a bit, in a delayed since. Means the cognition is not so bad that the cognition impairment hugely effects life and you can't total function. it still has same effects of attention, remembering, producing and understanding language, solving problems, and making decisions but mildy

Example me as a child at 5. When the doctor ask me what a spoon is for. Instead of saying to eat( I chould speck at that time). I put the spoon in my mouth to show what it means. I had a cognitive problem with producing and understanding language at that time. I understood what Spoon is for but could not explain it in words.

Well if you have PDD NOS. Means you are just delayed as child but you can progress as you get older. Like I did. Or it may still linger there in your mined as you are older but not as bad when you were younger but instead a really mild impairment. So it is both a childhood thing and overall life depends on the person.

I think now I chould just pm you about the PDD NOS thread but seeing jigo wants us to post links related to the Indian Aspie site to the public now Now I don't see it as a bad Idea
What do you think about Jigo wanting us to post links to the Aspie site.

I don't understand the question are there any specifications or they decide on their own question. Can you please explain the question. :)

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2012, 3:13 pm

So it is childhood related. Does executive dysfunction count as cognitive impairment, because I do have that. I don't think as a child I had any major issues, but then I wasn't checked by a professional so can't be sure.

Sorry, I didn't know Jigo talked to you about that. I'll talk to him directly, meanwhile you can continue as you wish. Maybe it really isn't much of an issue, maybe I'm just being paranoid :). The specifications part is clear now, I got it, so don't worry about it.

How do NTs do that?

Lady-ivy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Feb 2012, 12:41 am

reading executive dysfunstion. i think i might have it too it sounds much like me. but then agian it is realted ADHD. even to classic autism.and normally it goes in line of some other dianosges. i think yes there is some cognitive impairment involment with excutive dysfunstion. did you have memory propleams and proplems with executive executive as a child. you possible would have not noticed your self has a young child, our parents tell you about those years .but maybe in your teens and pre teens you chould have noticed your impairmenths. i wander you are starting to sound like someone with PDD NOS, i cant say for sure intill i heard hear about your childhood. but am getting That feeling though

Jigo i did not tell me directly.he posted it and requested we post public about this site. his post is in the mod thread were we talking about many people who visit the site.

oh i did not know you chould be paranoid. :) very human of you :lol:

at least that cleared up

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2012, 1:46 am

I also have mild ADHD, so that makes sense. I didn't feel anything wrong as a kid. After 12-13 years of age I started feeling different, but I didn't know that other people don't have these difficulties. I thought I was immature, and that other people overcome these problems by trying. Talk about paranoid. Now I really have to ask my parents about the language/speech delay thing.

You have no idea how paranoid I can get. But many things are falling into place now, so the wildness in me has started to disappear.

How do NTs do that?

Jhomes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Feb 2012, 2:06 pm

i should know something more about other disorders that related to aspergers...

@lady ivy
did you learnt something about hindi??

Lady-ivy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Feb 2012, 9:23 pm

Yes Jhomes I learning . I have been progressing fast and found Hindi learning apps for my iPad

I have learn the letters for

A

-
A

Lady-ivy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Feb 2012, 9:40 pm

Dhawal wrote:
I also have mild ADHD, so that makes sense. I didn't feel anything wrong as a kid. After 12-13 years of age I started feeling different, but I didn't know that other people don't have these difficulties. I thought I was immature, and that other people overcome these problems by trying. Talk about paranoid. Now I really have to ask my parents about the language/speech delay thing.

You have no idea how paranoid I can get. But many things are falling into place now, so the wildness in me has started to disappear.

As I was growing up. I Thought I was one of those unpopular kids you saw in movies. But really people saw me as strange so they dislike me. That shows also I when people are still children they not so aware to what is going on with them. I think everyone who is autistic is goes though this paranoid stage.
When you do ask your parents I like to know if you were delayed.

I wish everything would go in place for me, :roll: I guess when you are in your 20s. Everything is trying to find it's place a happy medium. :: :)

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2012, 8:15 am

I don't remember any 'unpopular kid' movies. Any examples?

My parents don't remember whether I had any speech/language delay. I don't think I had any cognition problems as a kid, but I do have executive dysfunction. Some websites say executive dysfunction is related to ADHD, and some say it is related to autism. So where does my diagnosis stand now :scratch:.

So things are falling in place in your life. Right?

How do NTs do that?

Lady-ivy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Feb 2012, 5:56 pm

this might be a bad example., i dont know. napoleon dynamite,

i think if you did they would have noticed and remembered. well they say executive dysfunction is realted to ADHD and ADHD is related closly realted to autism . so many who are autistic show ADHD like symptoms. i do my self used to have plain ADHD but they said autism has ADHD sympotms so they change me to autism with ADHD showing. chould be possiable your executive dysfunction is ADHD realted but your ADHD is part of autism not lone standing dianoges. best why to clear all this is to get check out by a professioncal, but seeing you dont have those in India readly , this makes it difficult.

it is trying to fix it self in those right places but am not quite there yet it will be there one day , am still a young 20's thing am just starting my life jernory as a adult . i guess when am in my 30s everthing will fit right. they say 30's is the new 20's,. everyone i know who is there 30s or very late 20's seem content. i am looking forward to becoming 30 one day .