Hey everyone... wandering if i may have apserger's.

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2009, 11:16 am

Welcome greetings to the Wrong Planet neighborhood, intp.

viking9
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Nov 2009, 3:09 pm

intp, i'd ask yourself this question as well, how were your motor & co-ordination skills when young?
If you didn't have this, i.e bad balance (could you ride a bike?) then i'd say Social Anxiety could be possible.

Viking a.k.a Jogtheviking (youtube)

Scientist
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2009, 3:55 pm

viking9 wrote:
intp, i'd ask yourself this question as well, how were your motor & co-ordination skills when young?
If you didn't have this, i.e bad balance (could you ride a bike?) then i'd say Social Anxiety could be possible.
I'm not sure what viking9 intends to say. No motor and coordination problems when you were young doesn't rule out Autism Spectrum Disorder. I never had motor and coordination problems, but I do have Asperger's.

Interests: science, experimental psychology, psychophysics, music (listening and playing (guitar)) and visual arts

Don't focus on your weaknesses, focus on your strengths

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Nov 2009, 4:45 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

viking9
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Nov 2009, 5:54 pm

Scientist wrote:
viking9 wrote:
I'm not sure what viking9 intends to say. No motor and coordination problems when you were young doesn't rule out Autism Spectrum Disorder. I never had motor and coordination problems, but I do have Asperger's.

Its what i've been told & shown, if i'm wrong then please show me where :wink:

Viking a.k.a Jogtheviking (youtube)

SpiritBlooms
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2009, 6:58 pm

Welcome, intp!

I'm new here too, and I'm also not sure whether I have AS, though the more I read and learn about it the more convinced I've become. Social phobia never adequately explained me to me, neither did my personality type, INFP. Neither did a lot of other things I've wondered about through the years. But when I finally came across information about AS, it was like, BINGO -- that's me! I don't fit every single trait I've read of that relates to it, and because I'm female it manifests differently. Still, when I look at all I can learn about it, things just add up -- from the time of my earliest memories. It's as if someone sat down and explained my whole life to me.

I hope you find the answers you need, because I know that just learning more about AS is helping me immensely.

DiabloDave363
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2009, 7:17 pm

go get dignosed

Scientist
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2009, 9:29 pm

viking9 wrote:
Scientist wrote:
viking9 wrote:
Its what i've been told & shown, if i'm wrong then please show me where :wink:

@ viking9:
Motor and coordination problems / no motor and coordination skills, are not among the criteria for Autism Spectrum Disorders, stated in the DSM IV (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th edition), see my reply in your own thread where you introduced yourself.

Interests: science, experimental psychology, psychophysics, music (listening and playing (guitar)) and visual arts

Don't focus on your weaknesses, focus on your strengths