Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Etched_in_Echoes
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Apr 2006, 7:13 pm

So, Hi, I'm new. :D My name is Kait and I'm 16 almost 17 next month. Not that long ago my Dad (do to my stepmom's influence) self-diagnosised himself as an aspie. Since it is believed to be genetic, and I being the "difficult" and "anti-social" child of the family they firmly believe that I have it too. At first I was a bit apprehensive considering I had heard the term before when we were reading "Of mice and men" a few years back in english; my teacher said that it was believed the charater of Lenny had a form of autism called aspergers. I said to myself I couldn't possibly be autistic...But, then I started doing internet research. Which is also what lead me here, but I read various websites and I found the behaviors most of them described were identical or a more extreme version of mine. So, then I was bold, and took that Aspie Test. I'm sure of you have taken it if not only seen it. I was kinda shocked at how high my score was compared to the "NT" score. Now, I don't think because of that I will label myself an aspie. But, I am just a little scared. I tried talking to my best friend about it and she told me she had study it in human behavior and that there was no way I had it, and kinda laughed at it. So, I know when my parents sat me down and started using phrases like, "We want to help you be better" and "Fix this problem" I couldn't talk to her about it. However, it seems like most of the people here are proud of being an aspie. So, even if I do have it why would they want to change me... :?: [/code]

alex
Developer
Developer

23 Apr 2006, 7:16 pm

Hi! Welcome to the site. Your english teacher sounds incompetent. Lenny was supposed to be mentally ret*d, not autistic so don't worry about that. 8)

Etched_in_Echoes
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Apr 2006, 7:21 pm

alex wrote:
Hi! Welcome to the site. Your english teacher sounds incompetent. Lenny was supposed to be mentally ret*d, not autistic so don't worry about that. 8)
I won't argue with that. The man use to stick carrots in his ears and tap dance around the classroom as we were taking quizzes. I guess you could call him "eccentric".

alex
Developer
Developer

23 Apr 2006, 8:09 pm

Etched_in_Echoes wrote:
alex wrote:
I won't argue with that. The man use to stick carrots in his ears and tap dance around the classroom as we were taking quizzes. I guess you could call him "eccentric".

or "crazy" as rich/smart people are the only ones who deserve to be called eccentric. :P