Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

computek272
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jul 2010, 10:31 pm

Hello!

I discovered this site recently, looked around, and then thought I'd join.
I was diagnosed with Asperger's around 2002 and have gotten a lot of support in coping with it.

I used to get an uneasy feeling when I tried to talk to people since I had trouble understanding social cues. Now though, I am able to figure out what they are saying a little better.

I used to have anger outbursts but now I have learned to control myself.

In the early 2000s my first huge interest started: Computers. Now "I'm a nerd, and i'm pretty proud of it" (from Revenge of the Nerds) and I am basically the computer tech in my family. I build, fix, upgrade, use, and program computers, as well as play games. After I play the game I like to find level editors and make my own levels. Currently I am working on a level set for Portal. If anyone wants, I can upload it when I am done. I don't know everything about computers but I do know a lot.

In 2006 I started my second huge interest: Fire alarms. Yep. Fire alarms. Many people with Autism and Aspergers don;t like the sudden loud noises... I do... and I collect fire alarms. I have over 100 currently in my collection and I can also report a lot of other alarm collectors also have Aspergers. I don't know what it is, but I just like them. I used to be obsessed (as in thought about them too much) but now it's a hobby that I do occasionally.

In 2009 I joined the vocational school's firefighting program and then in 2010 I became a junior firefighter on a local department. Then on July 10 I became a certified firefighter with the State. So far I enjoy the fire service, and I am very knowledgeable about fire safety.

Also I like writing stuff. I am currently writing an article on my experience with Asperger's and tips for people to cope with Aspergers. I am not done yet, but it is coming along well.

Mika
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jul 2010, 11:28 pm

Hi there!
My name is Mika and I saw your post and I was interested in your wanting to write an article on people with aspergers and helping them with social stuff. I am also diagnosed with Aspergers and am interested in seeing what you have written so far.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2010, 11:58 pm

Welcome to WrongPlanet. :)

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 7:04 am

Welcome!

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 10:05 am

Greetings and welcome to the WP forums, computek272.

Blake_be_cool
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 4:05 pm

Welcome!

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2010, 4:27 pm

Welcome!