Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Do you think you can handle military school?
Yes 23%  23%  [ 5 ]
Yes 23%  23%  [ 5 ]
No 27%  27%  [ 6 ]
No 27%  27%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 22

Captain_Brown
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2006, 3:17 pm

I can handle military school. I'm not afraid of anything. 8)

Sundy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jun 2006, 4:02 pm

Too much structure and not enough sitting around. I work for the military, but not in it.

ethamin
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Jun 2006, 8:38 am

Military school, no thanks!

ryansjoy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Jun 2006, 9:19 am

I thought about this for my Son. I know when he gets into 6th grade I must do something other than send him to the public middle school. But I am not sure he could handle wearing their clothes every day with his sensory issus. He has foot/leg issues and he would never be able to wear the shoes they require. My husband went to the local military school here and feel that he was not happy there. the bullies are horrible and if you are a geek as he was then you never fit in. he needs the structure of the school but not emotional tramua it would cause him. so we opt for a catholic school when its time for 6th grade. if i can afford it.

Barracuda
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2006, 4:52 pm

I would screw up the system. I am a warrior, not a soldier.(to me a warrior choses when, where, and with whom he makes his stand.) I would probably get kicked out in a week for making my stand against something everyone else does.

Jetson
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2006, 3:52 pm

I was never in a military school, but as a teen I was in Air Cadets and spent every summer at camps that were quite similar to a military school. I actually enjoyed it quite a lot. The bullying is no worse than anywhere else, while the environment is comforting because it's so structured.