Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

paperoceans
Raven
Raven

27 Jun 2011, 2:38 am

Hi... I'm obviously new, no? Don't want to say what my name is, but you can all call me paperoceans! I'm a female in college studying physical anthropology. I found this forum out of pure luck--I'm not saying that I'm autistic, etc. Because I clearly have no clue. I'm looking to get tested later on when I have enough money.

As to what brought me here?!

I recently started working at a new job... A theme park of all places that I absolutely abhor. I work at one of the restaurants and I really do hate it. I usually work in retail which I prefer since there are times when I can hide somewhere and not be bothered, it's nearly impossible to do that at my new job since someone is always breathing down your neck! Anyway... my bosses keep complaining to me that I need to "acknowledge" the guests and actually have eye-contact with them which is something that I never do and I'm nearly twenty-one. My friend from college stopped at the restaurant while I was working and was laughing since she noticed I avoided eye-contact and my eyes were shifty--but she has always said she loves looking into my eyes because it makes me uncomfortable.

Then OFC, at work I noticed I'm still having speech problems to the point of embarrassment. I'm quite intelligent, but it bothers me how I can be so awful when it comes to opening my mouth and speaking. Quite frankly, all of the customers frighten me. We have over 20,000 guests per day since it's summer and there are so many of them, looking at me and I lose my train of thought, think too quickly, etc. I did use to be in speech therapy which I rebelled against when I was in the 1st grade, so my problems were never resolved.

There's more but I'm sure it's boring.

Hopefully I can figure out what my problems are. In the meantime, hello!! !

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 10:21 am

Welcome to WrongPlanet, paperoceans!

Hope you enjoy your stay here :)

paperoceans
Raven
Raven

27 Jun 2011, 1:19 pm

TenPencePiece wrote:
Welcome to WrongPlanet, paperoceans!