Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

CaptCharismaChick
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Oct 2006, 4:48 am

Hey you guys and gals. My name is Mel, I'm 22 and currently in College. I haven't been diagnosed with Aspergers or any other type of Autism but looking into things myself it seems to me that that is more than likely my issue. I guess I fit some of the steriotypes... Hard for me to make friends and even then I'd rather be alone? (I'd like my friend's to understand that it's not that I don't like them, I just don't feel social most times. Least, I think they understand.) I prefer going online and communicating this way, though I realize the computer is an unhealthy habit of mine. (Along with a bunch of other things.) I found this site through wikipedia.

Anyways, that's it for now. I am heading off to bed. Hope to chat with you all.

-M

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2006, 7:23 am

hi Mel welcome to WP.

ryansjoy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Oct 2006, 8:01 am

Mel do you think maybe you have social Anxiety disorder more than you might has Aspergers. My husband has social anxiety and I have it myself to a degree.. the few things you described to us meets more of the idea od social anxiety. welcome to WRONG PLANET! I am a mom of a AS son.. you will like it here..

Colleen

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2006, 8:12 am

Welcome to WP!

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2006, 1:36 pm

I hope you like posting here, and don't forget to join the Church of Garlic. If you want the pain to go away, and to be a part of something greater than yourself, bite into a raw clove of Garlic tonight. And for a donation of just $19.95, we'll send you a leather bound copy of the Holy Book of Garlic.

Please make checks payable to "TheMachine1 and One-Winged-Angel Defense Funds". These funds will greatly help with the fake charity charges the Church of Garlic now faces. Thanks for the support.

The Church of Garlic is also a sanctuary for 1337 speakers.

If you would like to join the sect of Rubber Ducks, Pie, Vegetarianism, or Chocolate, tell me that you wish to join a sect.

Garlic Bless America

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2006, 2:01 pm

Welcome to WP

Deccajay
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2006, 2:26 pm

welcome!

CaptCharismaChick
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Oct 2006, 4:05 pm

Thank you for the welcomes everyone! :)

ryansjoy wrote:
Mel do you think maybe you have social Anxiety disorder more than you might has Aspergers. My husband has social anxiety and I have it myself to a degree.. the few things you described to us meets more of the idea od social anxiety. welcome to WRONG PLANET! I am a mom of a AS son.. you will like it here..

Colleen

Yeah, actually I've thought about Social Anxiety, too. Just reading on other "signs" of autism it sounded very much like myself. I know a lot of these things can bleed into one another and seem very alike which is why I do not claim to have autism. I wish to know more about it though and thus, I am here. Lol.

Thank you.

-M