Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Stuffedwithempty
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Feb 2012, 2:14 am

I have been with this site on and off for a while, but I somehow looked over this part of the forum.

I had a long message typed, but I deleted it because I'm not completely sure what I should put here. I don't want to sound... needy. Sorry, I'm a bit shy =x

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2012, 2:47 am

welcome to our neat little club 8)

Catman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Feb 2012, 3:54 am

Welcome! I'm shy, as well! What? Can't you tell? No really, I am! I swear it! :D

Okay, that's probably mostly past-tense for me. Due to the various jobs I've had I HAD to get over being shy. Mostly.

But feel free to post as long or as short as you want to! I can't promise that you won't get some negative feedback, but what I WILL promise you, just from watching all the other posters here, is that you will get FAR MORE POSITIVE feedback than negative! :D

So welcome to the Right Planet!! !

EQ, SQ: 21, 67 (Extreme Systemizing); HSP: 12

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2012, 7:35 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 12:00 am

Welkome to WP

MickImage

nat4200
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 12:54 am

Redacted

Last edited by nat4200 on 19 Apr 2012, 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mithos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 12:59 am

-and salutations. 8)

Your Aspie score: 128 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 72 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

Stuffedwithempty
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Feb 2012, 5:57 pm

thank you for the warm welcome everyone. I apologize for not coming back to this topic. I sort of shied away oxo

I wanted to say... just a bit about my life, to share with everyone.

I have no job. I am close to a hermit, because... I wouldn't say I'm 'terrified' but I just wouldn't know what to do with myself if I went outside. In the past I used the excuse to just walk outside, but that felt repetitive and uninteresting for me. The other was to find a job, but it mostly circulated with me walking around and past stores until I steeled myself to walk in. Although I only managed to walk in twice after over a year of effort :P

but... I came to this forum because i want to be 'proud' of myself for who I am. I have gone through many experiences of depression and the feeling of giving up on life like many people. But I struggle to overcome this thought to just... be happy who I am. Even if I don't have a relationship, or many friends, I still have myself, yeah?

And a family that loves me. They all know what I have, they're all very nice with me for it and patient. Even people I meet are nice. Just... sometimes I get so hard on myself, because I feel I don't deserve all this kindness while I don't try to get a job out of terror. Or I'm just so nervous around people I haven't spoken to in a while, because... I just don't know how to start the conversation. I can continue it, if they start it. But if its something I know little about or much to say, such as sports, places, or my own personal life, I usually just don't know what else to do oxo

I feel mostly stabled now though, keep my mind busy learning to draw and quick exercises at home I just took up today. And mom is really helping me by going into an Aspergers program to help me find a job :wink:

And, I hope to meet many people here. You all seem very nice and kind. And I hope it wasn't too descriptive, or boring, or... self-pity, this topic. It was mostly to explain a bit of myself and how I felt after I dropped out n_n"