Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Lyon
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Sep 2012, 8:26 pm

I'm Lyon! :)
I've lurked around this place for a while, and decided to make an account. I'm in my mid-teens and live near Toronto; I'm unsure as to whether or not I am autistic, but I feel that I am certainly not neurotypical. People often comment on my inability to grasp certain social concepts, or my strange mannerisms.
Either way, I think this community is fantastic and would like to get to know the people on here.
I hope to be able to meet a lot of you!

(Also, given my name, I should clarify that I'm male. Just in case you thought otherwise.)

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2012, 8:31 pm

welcome to WP!

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2012, 11:23 pm

Hello, Lyon. Welcome to WP - I hope you like it here!

I visited Toronto for two weeks a few years back now.

What interests do you have? Perhaps you can tell us a little bit about yourself. :)

Lyon
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Sep 2012, 12:37 am

Sure, I've tons of interests.
One thing about me that many people notice is, well, that I like pretty much everything.
Hmmm... I'm not huge on movies though.
I'm not much of an artist, but I do like art. I listen to all kinds of music. I don't discredit music for being unpopular, or for being popular- to me, the person who says "I don't like popular music" is the same as someone who says "I like music because it's popular". So I'll like a good song from any genre.
I don't read that much, but I used to read a lot. My favourite genre is probably Mystery; I'm really like to write, too, and spend a lot of my free time writing. As far as TV goes, I love Daria and Adventure Time, but I can't think of a show I don't like. (I don't spend much time watching TV, though.)
I like going out and meeting with friends, but I also like spending time alone and just surfing the internet. I also play video games rather often o:

Similarly, I can't think of any person I don't like. That's not to say I'm capable socially; I'm rather awkward and often don't know what to say, but I also understand it's my fault when people don't enjoy socializing with me or if they avoid me. I don't blame them, so usually I can at least get along with most people.

I like working with computers, cooking, going out for runs, talking to people, being outside, looking at/looking after animals, eating, sleeping, editing/making videos, photography, playing music...

I'm not very good at anything (well, I'm bad at most things...), but I enjoy them anyway :)
So yea, that's me.
I hope to meet some awesome people on this site!

madglass
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Sep 2012, 4:12 pm

i fell alot like you :( i cant seam to finda a friend or frind a friend or 2 i work for my self cant seam to keep 1 . . so it hurt's to live this way . i fell people take me forganted most of the time

ChangelingGirl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2012, 4:24 pm

Welcome to WP. When I was in my mid-teens I was also not sure whether I had AS. Do you feel like pursuing official evaluation? IN any case, this board welcomes you.

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2012, 4:53 pm

Hiya, and welcome!

Lyon
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Sep 2012, 9:27 pm

@madglass: That's horrible! We should talk & such. I'll send you a PM I guess o:

@Changeling: I don't think I'll pursue it anytime soon. It's like... sure, I can get an official evaluation, but if I do, then what? If I'm not officially recognized as autistic, or if I am, I'll keep on acting the same anyway. I'm content with my current state, I guess.

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2012, 11:31 am

Lyon wrote:
I'm Lyon! :)
I've lurked around this place for a while, and decided to make an account. I'm in my mid-teens and live near Toronto; I'm unsure as to whether or not I am autistic, but I feel that I am certainly not neurotypical. People often comment on my inability to grasp certain social concepts, or my strange mannerisms.
Either way, I think this community is fantastic and would like to get to know the people on here.
I hope to be able to meet a lot of you!

(Also, given my name, I should clarify that I'm male. Just in case you thought otherwise.)

Welcome to WP,
I sometimes think of the milder forms of Autistim analagous to computers and just using a different operating system then the majority. In other words it still works, but you have to learn something about the other to help smooth the interface.