Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

slc94
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Sep 2012, 8:24 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure how to go about introducing myself, but I'll give it my best.

I'm a senior in high school. I have both Asperger syndrome and Tourette syndrome (I was happy when I saw the forum topic for Tourettes). I've had Aspergers for about ten years and Tourettes for about eight.

My special interest is hiking. I don't know if it's odd that my special interest is a physical activity, but it is; I go hiking a lot, and I read hiking stuff online a lot.

When people find out that I have Tourettes, the reaction that I most commonly get is, "You have Tourettes? Wow! Do you swear? You should should start yelling out swears, 'cause you can get away with it!" For one, I have never swore uncontrollably, and when I get that reaction from someone, I often have to explain to them that only about 10 to 20% of people with Tourettes have the swearing tic. Even then, many of them are like, "Uhh... wut?" All that just gets to me sometimes.

I hate loud noise. It just is an annoyance and I feel more affected by it than the people around me. (Ex: loud classrooms- the loud chatter gets to me a lot, while everyone else is able to chatter away.)

To be honest, I have many acquaintances, but no true friends. (Not to sound like a downer, but I've had good friends in the past; we've just grown apart. Besides, everyone at my school will go their separate ways, and I probably won't see too many of my fellow classmates after HS. I also prefer being alone a lot of the time.)

I discovered this forum about a few months ago while looking up Aspergers related topics because, y'know, I wanted to learn a little more about Aspergers and learn from the point of view of other aspies. I found this site to be very useful, and I finally decided to join.

TheWebbz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Sep 2012, 8:45 pm

Welcome c:

Hopefully you can find your little niche here

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2012, 9:42 pm

Hi. I'm new here, too.

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2012, 11:49 pm

Welcome to WP,
I always liked hiking too. It can at times be relaxing, and at others a time for serious thinking, but always at least a bit of exercise which helps the brain too.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 6:50 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Alberto
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Oct 2012, 12:17 pm

I enjoy hiking also. No expert or anything, but always willing to explore the outdoors. I don't go often though.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 7:40 pm

Welkome to WP

MickImage