Healthy 24%  24%  [ 14 ]
Sickly 26%  26%  [ 15 ]
Sickly 26%  26%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 58

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2005, 11:52 pm

I know many of you have health problems besides Asperger's syndrome; some of you have many health problems. This leads me to wonder just how sickly are the people here at WrongPlanet.net? I am talking about neurological disorders, psychological developmental delays, psychiatric disorders, genetic disorders, infectious diseases, physical malformities, broken bones, any health problem.

Psychiatrically, I have Asperger's syndrome, recurrent depressive episodes, and some anxiety. Physically, I am near sighted and dislocated my right shoulder several years ago; I had surgery to fix the shoulder problem. Physically, my overall health is pretty good. Psychologically, my health is abysmal.

So do you consider yourself healthy or sickly? I am going to count myself as healthy, by the way, because I do not include psychological issues in my general conception of health.

WooYayHooplah
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2005, 5:24 am

I consider myself quite healthy. I am physically healthy even though I don't exercise.

When I was eight I was very adenoidal and freakishly skinny. I had my tonsils out and my adenoids too and that fixed me.

I used to get colds all the time, now its a rarity.

I suffer from lots of crap:

Aspergers
OCD
Narcolepsy (I don't suffer cataplexy, just get really tired)

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2005, 5:49 am

I have heightened sense of touch, extraordinary mental endurance, healing factor, mental stun, super vision: Night vision, and prehensile feet and toes.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2005, 12:58 pm

Neurologically, I'm a mess. But physically, I'm perectly fine. I never get sick, injured, blah blah blah.

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2005, 1:27 pm

I'm a mutant both physically and mentally.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2005, 1:50 pm

I'm usually pretty healthy and only get sick (not contagiously sick, but sick to the point where I cannot function at all and am showing signs of a minor cold) once or twice a year. I have a hyperactive immune system whose favourite job is to make me miserable, aka allegies, though, which plague me for most of the year. :|

At the moment, I'm not feeling so great, due to my allergies, again. I also have good senses.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2005, 3:00 pm

My physical health is worse off than my mental health. Which tells you how bad my physical health is. :?

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

RettDevil
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Oct 2005, 7:52 pm

Id like to say Im healthy.

except the horrid seizures, being abnormally skinny and otherwise child-size runty, allergies to EVERYTHING-drug, food, environment, even thinking about a substance-that whole swallowing thing doesnt always work "why yes I can breathe spaghetti (the rice kind, no tomato sauce)", sprains and dislocations...only I dont notice...oops.

but really. Im healthy as a horse...

Last edited by RettDevil on 26 Oct 2005, 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

CleverCait
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Oct 2005, 8:45 pm

I have a depressed immune system. It's been this way for three or four years, now, after I had a monster case of Mononucleosis. Come to think of it, I was also a sickly child. I had ear infections all the time.

pokey
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Oct 2005, 8:58 pm

I'm healthy, but I have many illnesses that i manage. I wear an insulin pump. I was very prematurely born, have CP, but like I said, somehow I am quite healthy. :lol:

hi cait. lookie, I came here!

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2005, 1:19 pm

I'm in ok shape I guess. . . . . . . . .

dysarthia (the sides of my face are not entirely symetical and this is one of the things that affect my speech), brain lesions on the left amygdala, bad eyesight, total deafness (corrected 100% by implant) arthtis in the joints of the foot (both) and numerous wrestling injurys that affect my shoulders, elbows and hands. The orgin of the deafness was suspected to be waardenburgs, (based on my eye coloring and large patches of dark-colored skin on my neck) but this has never been checked out.

On the good side, my heart rate is 60, my BP is 135/70 and I am basically in excellent shape for my age. I feel comfortable in my body, other than pain in my feet all the time.

fahreeq
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2005, 5:42 pm

Am I sickly? I don't know. I hardly get sick, but when I do, it's usually from an immune system that has been decreased by stress.

I'm going in for an ultrasound on the 9th of November to check out some weird abdominal pains. I have no idea if it's serious or not.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2005, 8:24 pm

fahreeq wrote:
Am I sickly? I don't know. I hardly get sick, but when I do, it's usually from an immune system that has been decreased by stress.

I'm going in for an ultrasound on the 9th of November to check out some weird abdominal pains. I have no idea if it's serious or not.

Maybe you're just pregnant.

fahreeq
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2005, 6:31 am

NeantHumain wrote:
fahreeq wrote:

Maybe you're just pregnant.

No, it's not that. Besides, not every ailment experienced by a woman of childbearing age is pregnancy-related. :evil: