Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2016, 6:37 pm

^^^ Image

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2016, 6:49 pm

...I'd like to be lovingly\nicely\warmly touched more :( :cry: .

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2016, 6:56 pm

it's a cold prickly world, idn't it? :|

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2016, 6:57 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...I'd like to be lovingly\nicely\warmly touched more :( :cry: .

IKR?

JoeJacobson
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Jan 2016, 7:07 am

I am a guy and I don't mind being touched by someone else, but I have a hard time initiating it with someone... Anything beyond a handshake is very hard for me to do... I don't mind at all if I am touched pretty much anywhere, (by a woman at least), but it's hard for me to do any touching myself... Needless to say this makes any kind of physical relationship like having a girlfriend or beyond, really difficult for me!... IDK if I'm ever going to get past that shyness either. :(

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 9:10 am

Most forms of touching are something I see as intimate, and as such would only engage in with a partner. So that rules those forms of contact out of my life.

Then there's handshakes. I hate them but everyone expects me to do them for some silly reason. Sometimes I wish I had hooks instead of hands so nobody would try and make me do that.

Pergerlady
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jan 2016, 10:38 am

For me, that depends. There are obviously certain places where I'd rather not be touched. I don't like being touched anywhere by strangers; however, people I know and trust are okay to touch me, provided that they don't do it suddenly (i.e. grabbing my shoulder from behind to get my attention.) Interestingly enough, I've always liked having my back scratched.

germanium
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jan 2016, 11:34 am

I don't like being touched especially with finger tips. To me it feels almost as bad as being outright poked, which happened a lot in my youth. Also I have a very active startle reflex whereby any kind of surprise even someone showing up suddenly in peripheral vision can cause a very violent hard jerk towards the side they are on, no touch even needed. Being touched unexpectedly causes the same reflex.

Touch with fingertips bother me even by a doctor especially on my neck & chest. Touches that,are expected & done with the whole hand surface are ok with me.

QuirkyCookie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Jan 2016, 10:39 am

I do not have a problem with it at all. I can hug others and be hugged too, and I like to touch everything around me. I have also had a lot of medical problems where doctors have had to touch me a lot, so I am more used to it, or it just never was a problem for me. I know some people do have issues with this, but it has never been an issue for me.

gingerpickles
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2016, 11:11 am

I think someone else described same. I have internal panic mode if a person is closer than 18 inches from me and it can cause a visible reaction if not expected. I can touch other people but do not without invitation or expectation (huggy aunts). And I touched my children a lot to get them used to it like was done for me, archaic but it worked. My daughter used to cry when picked up or messed with. Plus it was comforting for the boys.

If I must be touched I normally prefer firm pressured touch to any caressing or wimpy touch. I do not like anything that binds my hand like handshake. I like firm hug.

There are very few exceptions in this. Being touched usually makes me want to bolt, bite. scream or cry. It feels like a static shock of electric cow fence level. Then it burns and itches.
To be scratched hard to leaving marks. It is a physical... "hereness" sensation that is at once erotic in relief level and comforting.
Do not really like massage except the rougher type used in chiropractic.
Personally feel, I know it is part of human, of acceptance, of affection so endured the learning to fake it and sometime enjoy it.

Unexpected tho can get me screaming inside even if it is my children. Sometime make me respond sharp and belligerent on the outside if anyone but the children.

QuirkyCookie

24 Jan 2016, 7:18 pm

Have no problem with being touched or touching others. I like it, but it does not mean I want it all the time, or that I accept it from everybody. Of course if some stranger came up and tried to hug me, I would wonder what on Earth was going on. But, I am mostly OK with it. I get a lot of my information on things from touching them (I like to hold things, touch things etc).I am probably weird but well, that's the way I have always been :)

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2016, 9:57 am

I love giving hugs, but I always ask if the person wants a hug first instead of just surprise attacking them.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2016, 1:37 pm

^^^ :wtg:

Gwen the Boxer dog
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Jan 2016, 1:21 am

I've always hated touching and hugging. I've managed to learn to like it with bfs, so that's now ok. With any other adult it physically hurts, it's horrible. Have to do it sometimes though, like when meetings parents or saying goodbye to friends, or when you meet them (I always forget it though, and then they come over and I know it's coming). I work with kids from 0-2 years old, and it took me a while to do it, but now I can hug them and initiate hugs, and it doesn't hurt anymore, but I am acutely aware, if u see what I mean.

Shirokitty
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jan 2016, 1:24 am

I've learned to like it, but it used to make me super uncomfortable.