Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sonata V6
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Oct 2019, 10:58 am

Hello to every one on here.

I am a new member on this web site. I do not really know what I am supposed to say on here, so please be nice to me.

Currently, I am 34 years old. I have Asperger's syndrome, and I do not have any friends. I am extremely quiet, shy, and an introvert. I have always had depression and anxiety. The only times I ever leave my house are to go to my job, to visit with my Dad, and general errands. In the past, I have attempted to make friends, but it has been unsuccessful for me. On the Internet, I have also attempted to make friends & meet people, but the people I have communicated with have just abandoned me without any explanation.

Hopefully, I can use this web site as a good tool to try & make some friends. I am a very loyal & nice person. Once again, please be nice to me, and if any one can give me some suggestions for how to use this site, then I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 2:36 pm

Hi and a very warm welcome to you, Sonata V6 :)! Good to have you with us. Just take your time, finding your way round here.I used to find it a little overwhelming, there being so many sections, threads, people etc, but, give it time, and it'll feel like home before you know it. Do you have any specific interests? You're very much surrounded by like-minded "friends" here. 8)

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 2:55 pm

Hello and welcome. You are most welcome on this site. Feel free to explore and join in. Enjoy yourself!

Peta
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Oct 2019, 6:55 am

Hi. I will be nice to you I am also shy and hard make friends too. You seem like nice person make me sad

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 5:02 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

Stardust_Dragonfly
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2019, 8:13 am

Hello Sonata V6 :) Nice to meet you. I hope you find the forum useful.

Sonata V6
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Oct 2019, 9:33 am

Thanks for all of the nice welcome messages. It has taken until right now for me to respond because I have been too anxious & scared to write anything on here. There are also so many topics on the web site that I do not even know what to participate in.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2019, 10:31 am

I leased two straight Sonatas. Both of them had 4-cylinder engines, though.

Welcome to the Forum.

What do you do for a living? I am a data-entry clerk, and have been for 40 years.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2019, 10:53 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet. You can tell us anything you want. It takes a while to learn where and when and who is what, but you can take your time and read the threads that seem of interest to you.

Sonata V6
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Oct 2019, 10:05 am

That is interesting! I drive a turquoise 2005 Hyundai Sonata V6 sedan with 136,630 miles, built on the EF platform. It was given to me for Christmas last year by one of my relatives. It is a very good car.

I work in a public library, which I have done for the last twelve years.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2019, 10:07 am

I work in a college library.

I leased two Hyundai Sonatas: 2013 and 2015. I put about 30,000 miles into each.

widower
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Oct 2019, 10:09 am

Sonata,

Maybe you could recommend some books? I'd love to work in a library.

I'm reading 'Shadow of the Wind' at the moment, and it is one of those I find hard to put down. Whats the best thing you read recently?

W

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2019, 10:23 am

Sonata V6 wrote:
Thanks for all of the nice welcome messages. It has taken until right now for me to respond because I have been too anxious & scared to write anything on here. There are also so many topics on the web site that I do not even know what to participate in.

Just pick one! :lol:

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2019, 11:03 am

Run.

Stardust_Dragonfly
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2019, 8:26 am

Sonata V6 wrote:

I felt the same and found it easier to join in by posting in the quizzes section. :)

Eternal_Enigma
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Oct 2019, 1:59 pm

Hey nice to meet you. I have difficulty making and keeping friends. But, I completely understand the loneliness and isolation thing. I haven't ever been good at relationships because they're complex to me. But, your reasons are pretty much why I found this group and joined.