Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Bauhaus94
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Apr 2013, 8:00 pm

How are you?

I'm Bauhaus. I've chosen that name for a number of reasons; as Bauhaus is both one of my favourite post punk groups and also one of my favourite art movements. I was diagnosed with Aspergers at age 6. My life has been strange but I don't worry about that as it seems to be a part of my particular way of being.

It seems as if for the whole of my life I haven't felt quite right - like everything is almost wrong in some way. I indulge in fantasy worlds all the time as they make me feel better. I'm a cartoonist and I really like the cartoony anthro style; particularly as a vehicle for slapstick. I'm working on a storyline for a future comic once my skills get better; but I'll save that for later.

In terms of music I enjoy a lot of genres; not limited to anything in particular. I can listen to Punk one minute; then Soul the next, and then suddenly I'll be listening to Ska or even Jazz. I have previously been a massive fan of rave and EDM music; and I still like some artists, but recently my tastes have mellowed out a lot.

Being 18 at this point in time is both a confusing, terrifying, and also very exiting thing. Political tension, rise of internet culture, technology speeding up to fantastical degrees and this sense we all have that we're on a tipping point, nearing a singularity of culture or possibly even technology itself.

Now I'm waffling and I don't particularly want to go off on a tangent; so, hello WP. How are you?

UDAspie13
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Apr 2013, 8:03 pm

What exactly is waffling?

Bauhaus94
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Apr 2013, 8:07 pm

Elaborating/speaking too much of pointless or trivial things :)

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2013, 8:07 pm

Welcome Bauhaus, I believe I am fine

Waffling - rambling, or something to that effect

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2013, 8:31 pm

Welcome. Back when I was a DJ in college I used to play "Passion of Lovers" and "Bela Lugosi's Dead" on my radio show. Brings back memories...

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2013, 9:33 pm

I thought waffling was going back and forth between two positions, refusing to take a stand.

anyway, welcome to WP.

ShelbyGt500
Toucan
Toucan

08 Apr 2013, 10:07 pm

Well, I wont waffle about saying welcome!