Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Dr_Strangelove
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jan 2007, 12:34 am

I am 46 years old and have been fighting this thing my whole life. I only found out it existed a few years ago and I have been trying to fight it on my own with no success.

I was suicidal since I was 5 until just about a year ago when I took welbutrin for a couple of months. It made me all lethargic so I quit taking it. I was lucky, and the suicidal desires stayed away.

People hate me because of the way I talk. I panic very easily at work, so I do stupid things. And I do not listen.

I am going to start seeing a shrink as soon as I can set up an appointment. :(

I just too the aspie quiz

Version 9
Thank you for filling out this questionnaire.

Your Aspie score: 154 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 27 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

You have been selected as a candidate for the stim-quiz
The intention of the stim-quiz is to compile a list of stims for professionals working with nonverbal autistics.

Last edited by Dr_Strangelove on 24 Jan 2007, 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2007, 12:41 am

Welcome to WrongPlanet. :)

nickdujunco
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Jan 2007, 2:57 am

welcome to wp.

it's not so bad being an aspie, and it's not a curse either. just dial your energies to what you like.

beer is the path to the dark side, beer leads to drunkeness, drunkeness to beer tacos, beer tacos to dirty women. once you get a dirty woman on your jock forever will she dominate your destiny!! ! -yoda on one of his beer trips

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2007, 3:01 am

Welcome to WP!

Tim

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2007, 5:18 am

Hi , and warm welcome to WP.

I was late to Asperger's too (in my 40's)

I think you'll find it helpful and supportive here. :)

Did you choose Dr_Strangelove because you like the film? It's one of my favourites, very funny.

MrMark
Abstract Data Type
Abstract Data Type

24 Jan 2007, 6:03 am

Hi Strangelove, I'm Mark. Welcome to the Wrong Planet. I, too, am over 40 but have known about Asperger's for less than a year.

Dr_Strangelove
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jan 2007, 11:23 am

Starr wrote:

Did you choose Dr_Strangelove because you like the film? It's one of my favourites, very funny.

Yeah, it is an awesome movie. When I think about it I am in a constant state of panic. The only thing that changes it that sometimes it is really bad and sometimes not so bad. But, if I am honest with myself I am always fighting panic. What is that all about?

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2007, 11:31 am

Dr_Strangelove wrote:
When I think about it I am in a constant state of panic. The only thing that changes it that sometimes it is really bad and sometimes not so bad. But, if I am honest with myself I am always fighting panic. What is that all about?

Quite a few people on these boards have panic attacks, or generalized anxiety. It could be that we are constantly trying to assess what NT's are saying (intention-wise), or it could be part of the ASpie package.

(BTW, I didn't realize I was an ASpie until I was 49.)

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2007, 11:33 am

Dr_Strangelove wrote:
Starr wrote:

Did you choose because you like the film? It's one of my favourites, very funny.

Yeah, it is an awesome movie. When I think about it I am in a constant state of panic. The only thing that changes it that sometimes it is really bad and sometimes not so bad. But, if I am honest with myself I am always fighting panic. What is that all about?

I'm not sure Dr_Strangelove, do you feel panic when you are on your own or just when you have to mix with a lot of people, or are in a situation that's new to you? I feel anxious sometimes when I'm in a crowd of people.

Dr_Strangelove
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jan 2007, 2:47 pm

Starr wrote:
Dr_Strangelove wrote:
Starr wrote:

Did you choose because you like the film? It's one of my favourites, very funny.

I'm not sure Dr_Strangelove, do you feel panic when you are on your own or just when you have to mix with a lot of people, or are in a situation that's new to you? I feel anxious sometimes when I'm in a crowd of people.

I am anxious all the time. Moving around (wiggling my feet or clicking a pen) seems to help a bit. It changes to panic when I am confronted with something new, which is pretty frequent. I tried something today. There was an error message at work ( I am a computer programmer, big surprise ) and I started to panic, as usual. Instead of going off half-cocked and making things worse I wrote a document about it. Turns out there was nothing to do.

My folks taught me to stop wiggling, but I think wiggling might be a good thing for me. I am wiggling my legs right now and it feels so good! :oops:

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2007, 2:53 pm

Welcome to Wrongplanet.

Make yourself at home. :) :wink:

Loving your username. 8)

One of my favourite films of all time, it's really funny.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2007, 3:27 pm

Hi! Welcome!

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2007, 5:34 pm

Dr_Strangelove wrote:
I am anxious all the time. Moving around (wiggling my feet or clicking a pen) seems to help a bit. It changes to panic when I am confronted with something new, which is pretty frequent. I tried something today. There was an error message at work ( I am a computer programmer, big surprise ) and I started to panic, as usual. Instead of going off half-cocked and making things worse I wrote a document about it. Turns out there was nothing to do.

My folks taught me to stop wiggling, but I think wiggling might be a good thing for me. I am wiggling my legs right now and it feels so good! :oops:

Wiggling is good! :) It's called stim or stimming in the AS world. Here's a link to an old thread about it you might find interesting.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/modules.php? ... t=stimming

nickdujunco

24 Jan 2007, 7:05 pm

dr.strangelove, there's no problem to seek help that is why this site was made. shrinks are ok as long as their not screwed up and all. anyway i really sugest focusing your energy to something you like. i do a lot of things to keep my self from self implossion.

beer is the path to the dark side, beer leads to drunkeness, drunkeness to beer tacos, beer tacos to dirty women. once you get a dirty woman on your jock forever will she dominate your destiny!! ! -yoda on one of his beer trips

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2007, 10:30 am

nickdujunco wrote:
dr.strangelove, there's no problem to seek help that is why this site was made.

S'right! Dr S, if there are a few things that you're wondering about, maybe an idea to post a question in the General Autism Discussion forum. You'll get lots of advice and support, I'm sure.