Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

xasharix
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Apr 2013, 8:36 am

I'm confused. Do I have Asperger , Schizophrenia, or something else?

I actually grew as a normal child but I have various unusual behavior like when I’m bored I’ll walk around & while I do it, I often think some random things including imagination that I’m a rock star or a comic main character. When I can’t do it like when I have to sit like in class or in a meeting, I like to shake my feet except there’s something interesting like computer with games or internet connection or interesting topic in class or meeting, I like science and technology & I aim to be engineer or computer expert (programmer, web developer, etc).

I also find difficult in social interaction. According to my mom, I was talkative when I was toddler but when I got older, I became a calm person, and I often get nervous when I’m in a conversation or speaking in front of people. I also often got nervous when entering new environment or society which makes me look clumsy.

Because of my weird behavior, I was often bullied in school and because I couldn't stand it, I usually fought the bullies. I forgave some of my peers who bullied me but I can’t forgive the rest.

The worst one, when I was 11th grader, because I couldn't stand the bullying, I got depression which made me found difficult in study & later I often skipped school, my mom brought me to psychiatrist and when the psychiatrist asked that did I hear a strange voice in my mind, I answered yes despite I’m not sure that did I really hear strange voice in my mind. Later I got to consume tranquilizer & I moved to another class until I graduated.

Now I no longer consume tranquilizer again. I currently study in a university but I feel that I take wrong major, I planned to take the entrance exam again and study from beginning again..

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2013, 8:41 am

Only an appropriately-trained mental health professional can make the diagnosis and prescribe the necessary treatment - don't let any poseurs tell you otherwise.

We're just a bunch of ordinary people here; none of us (I think) are mental-health professionals.

DarkRain
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2013, 10:31 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2013, 3:00 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

PsychoSarah
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2013, 8:03 pm

You might have agoraphobia, the fear of inescapable situations, such as social interaction. It is unlikely to be autism, since people start showing obvious signs by age three.

PsychoSarah
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2013, 8:05 pm

Schizophrenia is not likely either. It usually shows itself in a more dramatic fashion, in the late teens/early twenties for men, and the mid-twenties to early thirties for women (with another chance of occurrence happening around age 40-45). Your symptoms don't match up with it either.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2013, 12:10 am

Sweet greetings to WPea

From Mick and Peahawk Image