Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

b72s2JFK
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Jan 2007, 11:02 am

Hi there:
Im a gay asian Native american guy in NYC area. I have longish black hair (which drives airline management totally nuts, and no; I ain't cuttin' it!). I have been doing some reasearch and was absolutely floored by a piece on NPR of a woman who has adult AS.
I thought to myself "Oh my f*****g God! I have the same traits of AS as she described." So I been devoting months of research online and reading sources on Adult Autism. Now I have a much broader understanding about who I really am. However its frustrating as a gay Aspie not having many friends. In my continuing research I came across wrongplanet.net so I can network and meet folks. Im still trying to figure out how to post a picture here. My interests are fairly one track, if its involving aviation or airline, Im already there. But I also like electronics and most anything technical, perputually stuck in the 70s and 80s.
But Im afraid that since I might have AS I might not be able to fly much longer and kiss any chance of becoming a pilot goodbye.
Im not the typical gay crossdresser. Im more into tech stuff and not into broadway, showtunes and Cher. Give me a Chrysler DRB iv scanner and a 1995 Plymouth Grand voyager and Im happy as a bug in a rug. I like standup comedy as I will being doing some soon. I hope to have some more info as soon I learn how to navigate around this neat site.
See you all soon.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2007, 11:10 am

Welcome to WP!

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2007, 11:11 am

Do you play Microsoft Flight Simulator?

Tim

alex
Developer
Developer

21 Jan 2007, 11:26 am

welcome! Do you know which native american tribe you descend from?

b72s2JFK
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Jan 2007, 12:02 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:

Tim

Actually yes I do. Im sort of sticking with ACF/2004 right now until I upgrade to the FS-gen X. That version would overload and overwhelm my system. I don't believe that even with all the enhancements of FS-X turned OFF it will run properly or to any real satisfaction. When I do, I mostly fly the Boeing 727-200, and have done weather reconnaisance flights with it. Particularly during Hurricane Katrina and Wilma in 2005 utilizing real-time weather generation. Unfortunately I lost 2 Boeing 727s in the missions. oops. Forgot, most of my hurricane hunter trips either originate out of FLL mostly, MIA, OPF or Homestead AFB (where the real c-130 squadron are from). But I run DHS/JPAT/or DOD trips through Springfield (Westover AFB), Cape Cod ANG(FMH for Falmouth), PVD, to CLT, ATL (Dobbins AFB) or FLL with 2 daily roundtrips with the 727-200.

b72s2JFK
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Jan 2007, 12:08 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Welcome to WP!

Tim

Thanks for the welcome!

b72s2JFK
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Jan 2007, 12:09 pm

alex wrote:
welcome! Do you know which native american tribe you descend from?

Im still working on the geneaology. I think I might have been decended from mix of Thai and Algonquin or NE US tribe.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2007, 1:17 pm

b72s2JFK wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Tim

Actually yes I do. Im sort of sticking with ACF/2004 right now until I upgrade to the FS-gen X. That version would overload and overwhelm my system. I don't believe that even with all the enhancements of FS-X turned OFF it will run properly or to any real satisfaction. When I do, I mostly fly the Boeing 727-200, and have done weather reconnaisance flights with it. Particularly during Hurricane Katrina and Wilma in 2005 utilizing real-time weather generation. Unfortunately I lost 2 Boeing 727s in the missions. oops. Forgot, most of my hurricane hunter trips either originate out of FLL mostly, MIA, OPF or Homestead AFB (where the real c-130 squadron are from). But I run DHS/JPAT/or DOD trips through Springfield (Westover AFB), Cape Cod ANG(FMH for Falmouth), PVD, to CLT, ATL (Dobbins AFB) or FLL with 2 daily roundtrips with the 727-200.

I play the 2004 version as well.

Tim

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2007, 10:06 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!
Every time I played Flight Simulator, I always crashed into something & Boeing 727 rules!

Double A