Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

KimmieD
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Feb 2007, 3:13 pm

I am new here. I just found out that my 7yr old has Asperger's disorder. I only know the symptoms but I am trying to find out what I can do to help her with this disorder What should be done to help her cope with the disorder? I am just feel very lost on what to do.

dgd1788
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2007, 3:14 pm

Hello,

You will love Wrong Planet, welcome! :D

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2007, 3:54 pm

Welcome to Werbert's Planet. Crack the fly and light the wig! For the Holy Monorail! Post. Never psot. SPAM!

CelticGoddess
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2007, 4:28 pm

Welcome to WP! My son is an 8 yo Aspie. Hop on over to the Parents section and start posting your questions. There's lots of great people over there who are happy to share their experiences. :)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2007, 6:23 pm

Welcome to WP!

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

lkonantz
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Feb 2007, 10:10 pm

Welcome to WP!! !

I can tell you that you have taken the first step in the right direct, by wanting to help her. That will help her in the long run and make life a little better for her. Second, you need to let her be herself so don't limite her in what she can and can't do. She will do that. Also, just be willing to be there for her, let her cry and talk to you because that will help her cope and know that you are there for her. This is what my mom did for me. She pushed me to do things like order my food at restaurant or asking for help at a store, which I hated but it helped me in the long run. However, she allowed me to do things I wanted to do which helped me find what I could do or handle and what I couldn't do or handle. One last thing, let her know that having AS is positive thing and it will help her.

nutbag
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2007, 10:56 pm

Welcome to WP! Please, in addition to any aid you may get from a doctor of whatever sort - also curise WP and see how the real thing does our stuff?