Post a video of yourself!! !! ! !! ! ! !!

Page 15 of 101 [ 1602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 101  Next

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2007, 3:04 am

Run wrote:
PseudointellectualHorse wrote:
Being inspired by my earlier comment about webcams, I decided to post another video.

Heya PseudointellectualHorse, how many images per second is that?

It's impossible to answer that question, the data for the individual frames is based off data from previous frames, there are no discrete images.

kingjim
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Feb 2007, 6:06 am

en_una_isla wrote:
I finally realized what I can video without talking :lol:. I haven't touched the flute in years... I used to be better. It's Handel.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYBP5-soNCw[/youtube]

Beautiful.. [hug]

Deccajay
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2007, 10:24 am

I am working on a video of "the real me" to ost here, but I am working with dial up ug,so its a little slow, anyway, I do have this clip I made of some charaters i am trying to develop, i figured i would share that untill I have somthing a little more me.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S1aCajulvw[/youtube]

enjoy!! !

your invisable but soon to be famouse firne, Deccajay.... yes i will make it one day :P

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2007, 12:58 pm

Deccajay wrote:
I am working on a video of "the real me" to ost here, but I am working with dial up ug,so its a little slow, anyway, I do have this clip I made of some charaters i am trying to develop, i figured i would share that untill I have somthing a little more me.

enjoy!! !

your invisable but soon to be famouse firne, Deccajay.... yes i will make it one day :P

You seem to be suffering from multiple personality disorder. The environment could give a rat's ass if you recycle aluminum. It eventually ends up in the ground where it will decay. Humanity needs to recycle aluminum because it's expensive to extract it and we can run out of it.

Plastic on the otherhand isn't going to decay in any normal conditions. We can also run out of it as well. (This is also the reason I think we should quit using gasoline, we need the oil to make plastic)

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

09 Feb 2007, 1:14 pm

ahayes wrote:
It eventually ends up in the ground where it will decay. Humanity needs to recycle aluminum because it's expensive to extract it and we can run out of it.

Plastic on the otherhand isn't going to decay in any normal conditions. We can also run out of it as well.

Aluminum forms a protective oxide. Its very likely if its not exposed to some constant abrasive action exposing fresh aluminum it could remain unchanged for much longer than plastic. Though buried plastic can be quite stable when not exposed to UV and air.

I have found quite a few aluminum pull tabs with my nephews metal detector and its been along time since they were in common use on aluminium cans.

It takes I think 5% the energy to recycle aluminum compared to making it from virgin stock. Aluminium is recycled at a high rate anyway I'm sure.

Aluminum compounds are very common in the earth crust while high grade deposit may be used up its unlikely in the far distant future that we would every run out of it.
Clays are very common everywhere have aluminum that is more costly to remove but can be done.

Melantha
Toucan
Toucan

09 Feb 2007, 1:43 pm

BazzaMcKenzie wrote:
Melantha wrote:
And here's another one I made in response to "ginnyisdacoolest" in her "Another Autism Vid":

Wow Melantha, ..........
I really appreciate your thoughts on AS and Dx etc. Its very similar to what I have been thinking.

I was nearly going to send this as a PM because it could be straying off topic and because what follows is a personal comment on you.

Did you grow up in Idaho? Is yours a typical Idaho accent? (I think you have a very nice voice, but I some vowel sounds, like au in autism, sound more like you could be from here rather from there) :?

I know a number of planeteers have accents that are unusual for their home State/Country, so was just wondering if you think yours is too.

PS - contrary to my earlier post that said I wouldn't, I have decided not to be so piss weak and will endeavour to make a video. I hope to show more of me than TM1 did of him :lol:

Haha, yes, I'm actually a Kiwi, born and raised. I came to the U.S. when I was 19, spent 6 years in Hawai'i, 3 in Connecticut and now I'm in Idaho!

P.S. My sister lives in Sydney.

lostatlimbo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Feb 2007, 1:48 pm

Melantha wrote:
One of my "obsessions" is time machines and theories of time and time-travel anomolies and paradoxes... that is so cool that you are working on a time machine! Have you seen the movie "Primer"? It's one of my all-time favorites and certainly one of the best time-machine movies ever made. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it.

i LOVED that movie. the first time i rented it, i stayed up all night and watched it THREE times in a row. i think around the 4th viewing all the different levels and aspects came together. the complex layers of story and the subtlety with which they are presented blew me away. there are so many brief little hints that you barely catch the first time through.

plus, its the first "time travel" movie ive ever seen that actually seemed feasible. (i hate when a movie ignores the effects of changing events in the past). its just a superb film for being filmed on such a small budget.

geesh, i really need to watch this again. :)

lostatlimbo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Feb 2007, 1:53 pm

Yes, I actually saw "Primer" in a theater. I noticed it's been coming around on cable lately. (For the benefit of others: http://www.primermovie.com/) I'm not sure I followed the ultimate logical twists, but I won't comment further in order to avoid "spoilers". Anyway, it was an intriguing idea, and nicely executed. Liked it but didn't love it.

For the record, one of my very favorite movies of recent memory -- indie or otherwise -- was "Donnie Darko". I bet it would appeal to some of you out there. It's unusual in a way that might be of particular aspie interest

Donnie Darko is great. one of my all-time favorites.

One of my favorite scenes:
Donnie: [to his mother] How's it feel to have a wacko for a son?
Rose Darko: It feels wonderful.

PS - it took me several viewings to absorb all the different angles in primer too. there are some key elements that are very hard to catch. but i like it when a movie is challenging like that. you should give it another try.

Deccajay
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2007, 1:55 pm

ahayes wrote:
Deccajay wrote:

enjoy!! !

You seem to be suffering from multiple personality disorder. The environment could give a rat's ass if you recycle aluminum. It eventually ends up in the ground where it will decay. Humanity needs to recycle aluminum because it's expensive to extract it and we can run out of it.

Plastic on the otherhand isn't going to decay in any normal conditions. We can also run out of it as well. (This is also the reason I think we should quit using gasoline, we need the oil to make plastic)

I was just having fun and trying to be entraining, do you have to be so crictical? I am sorry if the specific topic was not up to your standers, and my plaing more than one character was such an anoyence to you.
maybe if i choose to do another one i should talk about how close minded people are.

Melantha
Toucan
Toucan

09 Feb 2007, 1:57 pm

Melantha wrote:
One of my "obsessions" is time machines and theories of time and time-travel anomolies and paradoxes... that is so cool that you are working on a time machine! Have you seen the movie "Primer"? It's one of my all-time favorites and certainly one of the best time-machine movies ever made. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it.
Yes, I actually saw "Primer" in a theater. I noticed it's been coming around on cable lately. (For the benefit of others: http://www.primermovie.com/) I'm not sure I followed the ultimate logical twists, but I won't comment further in order to avoid "spoilers". Anyway, it was an intriguing idea, and nicely executed. Liked it but didn't love it.

For the record, one of my very favorite movies of recent memory -- indie or otherwise -- was "Donnie Darko". I bet it would appeal to some of you out there. It's unusual in a way that might be of particular aspie interest

Yes, I like Donnie Darko a lot, too.

I know what you mean about the twists in Primer. LOTS of N-jumps and saw-tooth snaps. The following link is a timeline chart which helped me to clarify it a bit in my head:

http://neuwanstein.fw.hu/primer_timeline.html

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2007, 3:56 pm

Deccajay wrote:
ahayes wrote:
Deccajay wrote:

enjoy!! !

I was just having fun and trying to be entraining, do you have to be so crictical? I am sorry if the specific topic was not up to your standers, and my plaing more than one character was such an anoyence to you.
maybe if i choose to do another one i should talk about how close minded people are.

It was good. I enjoyed it.

Deccajay
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2007, 5:34 pm

TigerFire wrote:

thanks

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2007, 6:01 pm

Deccajay wrote:
TigerFire wrote:

thanks

I can see you working towards being different characters ! !! (Like the recycling nazi lady who rants all the time about people not recycling enough ! !)

I liked it, too ! !!

PseudointellectualHorse
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Feb 2007, 7:39 pm

lostatlimbo wrote:
Donnie Darko is great. one of my all-time favorites.

One of my favorite scenes:
Donnie: [to his mother] How's it feel to have a wacko for a son?
Rose Darko: It feels wonderful.
I hesitate to focus too much on individual scenes, because it can detract from the totality. But I did feel a special warmth at this exchange:

Gretchen: My mom had to get a restraining order against my step-dad. He has emotional problems.
Donnie: [Spoken with a sudden, reflexive brightness] Oh, I have those too! What kind does your step-dad have?

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2007, 9:05 pm

TheMachine1 wrote:
ahayes wrote:
It eventually ends up in the ground where it will decay. Humanity needs to recycle aluminum because it's expensive to extract it and we can run out of it.

Plastic on the otherhand isn't going to decay in any normal conditions. We can also run out of it as well.

Aluminum forms a protective oxide. Its very likely if its not exposed to some constant abrasive action exposing fresh aluminum it could remain unchanged for much longer than plastic. Though buried plastic can be quite stable when not exposed to UV and air.

I have found quite a few aluminum pull tabs with my nephews metal detector and its been along time since they were in common use on aluminium cans.

It takes I think 5% the energy to recycle aluminum compared to making it from virgin stock. Aluminium is recycled at a high rate anyway I'm sure.

Aluminum compounds are very common in the earth crust while high grade deposit may be used up its unlikely in the far distant future that we would every run out of it.
Clays are very common everywhere have aluminum that is more costly to remove but can be done.

Aluminum in the air doesn't oxidize, but is corrodes severely when buried. Aluminum cans to have some sort of finish on them that makes them decay slower, and they are also alloyed which could change the characteristics.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

09 Feb 2007, 11:44 pm

ahayes wrote:
Aluminum in the air doesn't oxidize, but is corrodes severely when buried. Aluminum cans to have some sort of finish on them that makes them decay slower, and they are also alloyed which could change the characteristics.

Well aluminium does oxidize in the air but it forms an outer coat of aluminium oxide about 10 nm thick that prevents farther oxidation till that surface is scratched to reveal
unreacted aluminium which then is oxidized in the presents of oxygen to form a new protective layer.

Aluminium beverage can alloy is always pure aluminium with no alloy agents added by choice. Series 1000 alloy.

If strong acid or bases are present in the soil then it certainly possible a can could break down rather fast in the ground. But a typical can that is buried will remain intact
for as long as a surface can. One estimate has that at 500 years.