Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

goodomenz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Oct 2013, 10:33 pm

Hi guys, my name is Liz. I've been lurking for a bit. Decided it's time to drop a line from sunny Miami. I was tested and diagnosed about a month ago with social communication disorder, which the doctor says would have been aspergers.

Anyone else around here? Miami seems like an especially brutal place to have this--loud, materialistic, emotional culture, and transient if you do make friends. I'd love to chat.

I'm 33 years old, and have actually had a pretty incredible life--I live on my own, and until very recently worked in "online marketing" (I still do as of now, but I'm trying desperately to get into something different.) I moved to Miami 4 1/2 years ago, from NYC (born n' raised!) I'm still replaying the last 33 years through new filters, it's intense--a lot makes sense, and then there are a lot of questions. I love books, movies, music... I actually dont have much preference on style/ genre, but I'm always drawn to weirder, unusual things. Sounds like I'm in the right place!

I'll read a bit more before over sharing. For now, just a big hi!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 10:51 pm

hiya good :) welcome to the club 8)

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 9:40 am

Nice to meet you! Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

goodomenz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Oct 2013, 7:43 pm

Thanks for the welcome!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 3:32 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Lostiehere
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2013, 5:21 pm

Hi and welcome. I'm new too. :)

Sharkbait
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Oct 2013, 5:50 pm

Hi, and welcome!

lost561
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 7:16 pm

goodomenz wrote:
Hi guys, my name is Liz. I've been lurking for a bit. Decided it's time to drop a line from sunny Miami. I was tested and diagnosed about a month ago with social communication disorder, which the doctor says would have been aspergers.

Anyone else around here? Miami seems like an especially brutal place to have this--loud, materialistic, emotional culture, and transient if you do make friends. I'd love to chat.

I'm 33 years old, and have actually had a pretty incredible life--I live on my own, and until very recently worked in "online marketing" (I still do as of now, but I'm trying desperately to get into something different.) I moved to Miami 4 1/2 years ago, from NYC (born n' raised!) I'm still replaying the last 33 years through new filters, it's intense--a lot makes sense, and then there are a lot of questions. I love books, movies, music... I actually dont have much preference on style/ genre, but I'm always drawn to weirder, unusual things. Sounds like I'm in the right place!

I live in palm beach county about an hour north of miami. It's not a friendly place for somebody on the spectrum.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2014, 11:48 am

lost561 wrote:
goodomenz wrote:

I live in palm beach county about an hour north of miami. It's not a friendly place for somebody on the spectrum.

I know its old post, but I couldn't help but notice, why you said that the area where you live in is not a friendly place for somebody on the spectrum. :/

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2014, 2:00 pm

luvsterriers wrote:
I couldn't help but notice, why you said that the area where you live in is not a friendly place for somebody on the spectrum. :/

Quote:
loud, materialistic, emotional culture, and transient if you do make friends.

that doesn't sound AS-friendly to me either.