Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Yulya
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Feb 2007, 8:37 pm

My name is Julie and I'm a college student. I'm new to learning about Asperger's Syndrome, but decided to look to the internet after my boyfriend recently revealed to me that he has it. I am what I think 'Aspies' call an 'NT'. I'm mostly just here to read about other people's experiences and maybe ask questions as I go. So thanks ahead for any welcomes I might receive!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2007, 8:40 pm

Welcome to WP!

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2007, 7:28 am

Welcome to Werbert's Planet! Yiff! For the Appropriate Monorail! Crack the fly and light the wig! Post. Never psot. SPAM!

DO A BARREL ROLL
PRESS Z OR R TWICE

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2007, 8:24 am

Welcome Yulya, some here do converse in understandable English. AS is the absentminded Professor syndrom, being the leading expert on the causes of the Gallic Wars causes a loss of car keys.

AS is a condition with no known symptoms, no treatment, no cure, other than bright people have a few quriks, BPQs, that not so bright Psyce Majors hope to make a living from, as all the good fields are overcrowded, and AS is the Redmond-Silicon Valley center of new wealth disorder.

Bill Gates is often mentioned as an example, but a mild one, the 14 and 15 year old kids that wrote code, launched an Internet play, and sold it to him six months later for $5,000,000 are better examples.

Some think that because they were not taught code, had not finished high school, that something is wrong. The people who think that way like to label what they cannot understand.

AS is also called Geek Syndrom, those people who are making new things faster than most can keep up with. AS is also common among those who get Patents.

AS types are not hard to manage, a little extra effort spent in, reminding them to shave, not letting them buy their own clothes, or wear the same ones all the time, seeing that they eat and sleep sometimes, reminding them of names and relationships before taking them anywhere, and they make good, honest, passable pets.

Well groomed and dressed they can pass in most situations without notice. Their sense of humor is not universal, they miss jokes, but often find the ordinary comical.

lkonantz
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Feb 2007, 3:37 pm

Welcome to WP!! !!