Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

StarsInMyMargarita
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 May 2014, 11:03 pm

My name is Madi. I'm 22. I've worked at McDonald's for almost two years, but someday I'm going back to school. I'm pretty content with my job now; the most annoying part is trying to go back and forth between making salads and taking orders/cashing them out. I heard my mom say it?s not appropriate to cry at work, so I?ve been working on channeling the frustration differently, like chewing gum. I know I?m not supposed to chew gum, but the new GM gives me lots of high fives and seems more willing to play along with my quirks than other managers are/were. I?m kind of scared to go anywhere without him.

I've kind of switched from one major to another, and then I lost interest in whatever it was that I was studying, so I ended up losing my financial aid. I'm trying to save money to pay my own way, but it's tricky. First I was interested in health technology, then I read a grammar dictionary and wanted to be an English teacher. Switched to vet science and now considering horticulture. Can?t I do it all?! ;)

Kind of ashamed to say that I?m just learning what's ideal, when it seems that everyone knew it all a long time ago. But I?m pretty good at following these rules, at least. Clean driving record, good credit score, combed hair, clear face (that was a struggle!). But I?m still working on why it?s so easy for others to fit in with a room full of strangers like they?ve been there forever, while I?m like... a needle in a haystack? Did that make sense? lol

So just introducing myself. Maybe won?t stick around, but thought I?d give it a go. :)

desertnomad
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 May 2014, 11:59 pm

Hi,
Nice to meet you Madi. Welcome to the site.

a_dork
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 May 2014, 2:21 am

I hope you do stick around, you sound like an interesting person. Welcome to WP!

― L. Frank Baum, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2014, 5:06 am

Welcome! :)

StarsInMyMargarita
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 May 2014, 11:22 am

Hmm. Today is my day off, so I've had a little more time to look around. My attempts at participating on a forum usually start out correctly, but posting on others' threads without feeling out of place is somewhat difficult.

Thanks for the welcome!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2014, 4:29 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Quill
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2014, 9:47 pm

Welcome! Don't worry, posting will feel more natural after a while. :D