Page 147 of 358 [ 5723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150 ... 358  Next

FractaLove358
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Apr 2010, 2:35 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Welcome to WP, new members!

How courteous of you. :)

DamienScott
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Apr 2010, 6:41 pm

What is your first name?
Scott

Hobbies and Interests:
Video games, the feutility of politics, saving the world.

Why are you here?
Because I feel completely isolated and alone

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):
the end of 8th grade.

Favorite subjects:
math, science, computer related stuff

Year/Grade:
3rd year of college

Favorite music:
rock and metal mostly, anything with a soul moving or face melting solo.

Books:
the vampire chronicles, the stand.

TV shows/Movies:
the news and nick at night mostly

Instrument:
guitar, although I need a new one.

Do you like sports?
hockey is ok, but most professional sports are there to misdirect and pacify people's energies.
Family:
live with my grandmother, have slight contact with my former crackhead mother.

Clothing:
white or black T-shirts with silky overshirts of varying colors and jeans with a long belt to hang down a bit.

How did you find this website?
late night distressed web surfing

Job:
student at the moment, ideally a musician, not sure what I could tolerate in the work world.

Plans for the future?
it's hard for me to plan for the future when odds are that none of us will have one.

Any comments?
I look forward to communicating with others that have aspergers and hopefully find ways to cope with the weight of the world and it's problems, along with my own.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2010, 6:57 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

luvmyaspie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2010, 8:37 pm

What is your first name?
I'd rather not say

Hobbies and Interests:
On-line scrabble (lexulous); my children :heart: ; I have 3 v-close mates & love spending time with them, they help me through dark tunnels; words are fun; human observation is an hilarious pass time :lol:

Why are you here?
On Wrong Planet? It gives me answers that I can't seem to get anywhere else and it sure is loads of fun.

When were you diagnosed? (skip if you don't have a disorder):
My son was diagnosed last year, aged 13, and through his journey I have made some significant self discoveries. It makes sense to me that I too am an aspie (undiagnosed).

Favorite subjects:
English: I have to get it right, state my point precisely and make it interesting. What a delicious challenge!
Public Speaking: The thought of it panics me like crazy and I've never been able to actually go through with it. Many a perfectly typed out speech sits, undelivered, in a dark dusty corner of my office...but one day...

Year/Grade:
I'm in tertiary education, through correspondence, studying Education.

Favorite music:
Love it all! Except techno...

Books:
I can't seem to get enough of books on AS these days. I Have just read Look Me In The Eye by John Elder Robison and Pretending To Be Normal by Liane Holliday Willey. It takes me ages to read one though. I re-read in case I missed something..hehe :roll:

TV shows/Movies:
TV: Crime investigation real or not and Aussie soaps. Movies: Anything really as long as it keeps me interested.

Instrument:
I can't play anything...though I am the biggest fan of my sons' garage band..they're so clever 8)

Do you like sports?
Yerrr...I used to play squash. It's an individual sport and you only have yourself to please. Then my club introduced teams and I ran screaming..hehe
I enjoy pool now (8-ball)..I only have myself to please...oh and I work out (Gym)

Family:
I have four children, three sons and a daughter, and I love them to bits! They are the reason I do almost everything I do.
Have been married for 17 years to a very understanding man who gives me all the space I need and I love him for it.
Mum, dad and four sisters and I kind of don't know how to feel about them...um...I'd hate for anything awful to happen to them...I pretty much feel the same about all other family members.

Clothing:
I do a lot of black..and people have noticed...hate denim jeans! sooo restricting...I don't do dresses and skirts...UGH!..(I'm female by the way :wink:)

How did you find this website?
My son's case manager suggested I check it out.

Job:
High School Teacher Aide in Special Needs and Learning Support. Love it!

Plans for the future?
To enjoy my family forever, To deliver moving speeches and be qualified in my occupation.

Any comments?
Thank you for taking the time to read about me :)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2010, 10:02 pm

Welcome to WP!

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2010, 10:33 pm

To all previous and future posters:

Welcome to Wrongplanet!

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

luvmyaspie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2010, 8:55 am

Thank you kindly Tim_Tex :D

Cumulus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Apr 2010, 1:35 pm

What is your first name?
That's not really important

Hobbies and Interests: Gliding, Physics, Science in general, weather, submarines, Computers, playing TES IV: Oblivion

Why are you here? I don't know any aspies in real life, so it's great to see how other people with AS see things

When were you diagnosed? Yesterday, April 21st

Favorite subjects: Physics, Maths

Year/Grade: 11

Favorite music: Rock

Books: Fantasy, Crime thrillers, books about gliding and physics

TV shows/Movies: CSI: NY, CSI: Miami, CSI, NCIS

Instrument: not anymore

Do you like sports? Yes, I play soccer in a team.

Family: nothing special there

Clothing: Mostly Jeans and T-Shirt

How did you find this website? Don't remember

Job: I'm still going to school

Plans for the future? Studying Physics

Any comments? No

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2010, 2:55 pm

Welcome to WP!

TheLastVictorian
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Apr 2010, 7:16 pm

Hobbies and Interests: In no particular order -
Hobbies - cooking/baking, walking, very amateur photography, reading, fiction, newspapers and magazines, and the occassional non fiction, listening to old time radio shows on XM/Sirius sattelite radio, listening and watching to baseball and running my fantasy baseball teams (ALL of which are currently losing...) bird watching, sudoku, bicycling, skating when it's winter, camping in the summer, travelling if I could only find the money and time....gardening, wrttting and editing, and spending a little time online.

Interests - environmental issues, food security, Victoriana and other history, language, society and cultural phenomenae. phenomena? phenomenon?

Why are you here?

I had an account here two or three years ago which I never really developed. Now that I'm a bit stressed again, and looking at a summer "stuck" at home not really doing much by way of personal development, I remembered this site and wanted to come back, in hopes of finding semi-intelligent conversation and interaction with people of my own age. (I'm the only member of the youngest generation in a three generation household.)

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):
I don't know if I have Asperger's or not. My sister suggested once that I did, (in not a very nice way) but ever since the possibility has been sort of preying on my mind. I do have trouble with social interactions, and when I self-test, I get sort of a borderline score. So I'm either very mildly Aspie, or I'm just antisocial. I am a Virgo. :roll: I also deal with mild depression.

(Asperger's/Autisim is present in my family - I have two cousins with DXs)

Favorite subjects: English, biology, history, geography.

Year/Grade: Have had some university, am not currently enrolled anywhere. (Hope to return to some form of structured study this fall or winter.)

Favorite music: Classic rock, rock ballads, blues, country, classical, reggae. I'm not really a music person, you put it on, I'll listen to it.

Books: Yes, I love books and if you let me, I'll leave a lot of posts here about them.

TV shows/Movies: I don't watch TV shows - just watch TV for the baseball or hockey. Watch a lot of movies - from the 1930s to the modern day. My favourite movie genres are film noir, action adventure, and westerns.

Instrument: I used to play the piano. I have a guitar, and intend to learn to play it some day.

Do you like sports?
Was a wicked defence player in soccer, until it wasn't cool just to play for fun anymore, had to scream and try and kill the other players...so I quit. Since then, no team sporting for me. I love listening to baseball, I will also watch hockey. I walk and bike when I can, skate a bit - on the few occassions I've been in mountainous country, I've adored rock clambering. But I live on the praries.

Family: Yes, I have one. Live with two grandparents and one father. Also have a kid sister.

Clothing: I've just recently discovered clothing that dosen't come from Zellers (the low end clothing/department store in Canada.) Have been updating and "girlifying" the wardrobe a bit - but don't understand fashion facts like pantless pants for office women.

How did you find this website? Can't remember. Google search, probably.

Job: I help out at home. Both my grandparents are on the elderly side - my grandmother has advanced cancer.

Plans for the future?
Get through the last days of grandma, go back to school, find work I want to do for the rest of my life, move out or atleast move into the "suite" in the family home, find man of dreams, make two or three happy babies, live happily ever after.

Any comments?
I come here looking for friendly conversation. You got some, share it with me. There's the PM button right there! :lol:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2010, 3:36 am

Welcome to WP, fellow geography fan.

TheLastVictorian
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Apr 2010, 2:01 pm

Thanks!

Are you sure you're a geography fan and not a geology fan? says you want to move to live next to a volcano on the north atlantic, rather then stay at the home where the antelope rome...

S-P-M-E
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Apr 2010, 3:26 pm

What is your first name? Lisa

Hobbies and Interests: reading, music, science, general geek pursuits

Why are you here? to talk to people who make sense

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): anyone who knows me has always known I'm an Aspie

Favorite subjects: new scientific discoveries, the doings of the critters that visit me, the odd ways of neurotypicals

Year/Grade: n/a

Favorite music: heavy metal, 80's

Books: anything by Stepehn King

TV shows/Movies: Twilight Zone, Star Trek, STTNG, B5, True Blood, Blood Ties

Instrument: vocal cords, lol

Do you like sports? no

Family: unfortunately

Clothing: unless I'm in the shower

How did you find this website? Google

Job: unfortunately

Plans for the future? keep doing what needs to be done

Any comments? I'm glad I found a whole forum full of people who understand

In a rational world, those who act in rational ways would be considered normal, and those who act in irrational ways that they somehow decided were "right" would be the freaks.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2010, 5:46 pm

Welcome to WP!

Cryforthemoon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Apr 2010, 8:47 pm

What is your first name? Dan I don't like giving out my full name

Hobbies and Interests: I enjoy RPG's, I enjoy learning anything about outerspace. It's so big and just I don't know cool. I like anything that has to do with it. I also enjoy anything that has to do with flying. I find it odd because I have a really big fear of flying. I enjoy fantsy, music, and reading a good book

Why are you here? This is the frist place where I don't feel like I'm any outsider.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): When I was very young. I have Dysyleixa, ADD though I'm also starting to see more of the Asperger part in me after going over so much of my past and a lot of reading.

Favorite subjects: Histroy, Space, wanting to know why people are the way they are. I also want to know more about the emtions and feelings and why it's so easy for some people to understand and a lot harder for others.

Year/Grade: I'm not in school any more

Favorite music: Metal music for the most part.

Books: Fantasy for the most part.

TV shows/Movies: Smallville, The Simpsons, Legend of the Seeker, Star Wars Saga, Lord of the Rings, Underworld movies The Dark Knight.

Instrument: If I could it would be the gutiar

Do you like sports? I enjoy baseball the most, I like football to. I have tried to play some sports and I suck.

Family: My mom, dad, sister, Brother-in-law, and niece

Clothing: Jeans and t-shirt. I don't understand the whole brand name thing people like so much

How did you find this website? Wikipedia of all places.

Job: Yes.

Plans for the future? Just to keep working.

Any comments? I'm happy to find a place where I don't feel like in outsider and where I understand people. I don't feel so cut off.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2010, 9:06 pm

Welcome to WP, fellow Simpsons fan!