Page 262 of 358 [ 5723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 259, 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265 ... 358  Next

Wishey
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Mar 2014, 3:57 pm

What is your first name? - Wish

Age - 16

Hobbies and interests - reading, being in nature, anime, hiking, drawing

Why are you here - I want to get to know other people similar to me, and my mom kinda made me an account.

When were. you diagnosed - I was diagnosed with PDD NOS when I was 4

Favorite subjects - math, history

Grade - 10

Favorite music- raidiiojead, snow patrol, a lot of songs I here on the radio, and I'm getting really into Marina and the diamonds.

Books - fiction, mostly fantasy and distopian. Although I'm starting to love romance novels.

TV shows/Movies - cartoons and anime mostly.

Instrument - ukelele, I used to play the violin but I wasn't very good at it.

Do you like sports? - no, I don't get the point of then.

Family. - 1 sister, 1 brother, 1 adoptive half sister who isn't related to me by blood, both parents, extended family lives across the country

Clothing - I love bright colors, especially pink and green, I wear a lot of sweat pants, and leggings, and dresses, and tie dye

How did you find this website - my mom

Job - never had a job

Plans for the future - the future terrifies me more than anything else and I avoid thinking about it if at all possible

nateman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Mar 2014, 3:11 am

What is your first name? Nathan

Hobbies and Interests: remote controlled vehicles, drawing, reading

Why are you here? To try and talk to other people with similar experiences as me. I am also diagnosed with Asperger's

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): February 2014 (self diagnosed much earlier)

Favorite subjects: Math, Art, Mechanical Engineering

Year/Grade: Some College

Favorite music:Pretty much anything, I'm open minded with music.

Books:Non-Fiction primarily, autobiographies

TV shows/Movies: Science Fiction, Spies, Crime Solving

Instrument:

Do you like sports? Yes. I have played water polo and I mountain bike.

Family: I live by myself. I'm near my Father and my Grandmother(his mother)

Clothing:Mostly casual, lots of flannel, dickies pants almost all the time.

How did you find this website? searching on google

Job: None at the moment. I haven't been very good at holding them but have had a few.

Plans for the future? I'm too overwhelmed by the present to be thinking too much about the future although I do keep it in mind. I hope to find a job or start a small business.

Any comments?Feel free to ask me anything, I won't bite.

Eli7morningdoves
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Mar 2014, 12:37 pm

Fist name: Elisheva

Hobbies: Acting, drawing, singing, reading

Diagnosed: Spring 2011

Why are you here?: I thought it might be nice to know more about other people with Aspergers.

Favorite subjects: English, Art, History

Favorite music: I like music from the 60s and 70s, but also a lot of newer music. Generally with sort of an indie sound.

Books: Fantasy, historical

TV shows: Fantasy, mystery, historical

Instrument: Alto Saxophone, some ukelele.

Do you like sports?: I've never really enjoyed sports much.

Family: I live with my mom, dad and older sister.

Clothing: I like to wear things from vintage shops. I usually wear wear dresses. My favorite color is purple so I wear it a lot but I wear a lot of different sorts of colors. I like lace, stripes and floral.

Job: I'm currently in school, but during summer I'm a day camp Councillor at an art camp.

Plans for the future: I want to be an actress, but since that's not very easy to get I could settle for an art teacher.

amystattoo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Mar 2014, 5:17 pm

What is your first name? Katherine Elizabeth

Hobbies and Interests: Writing, the Victoriana era, music and the performing arts.

Why are you here? To get to know other people who are on the spectrum.

When were you diagnosed? 2014

Favorite subjects: History, Literature, quantum mechanics.

Year/Grade: n/a

Favorite music: Indigo Girls, Emilie Autumn, Rosana, Death in June, Joan Armatrading, King Dude, Behemoth, Cradle of Filth, The Smiths, Morrissey, Sisters of Mercy, Fields of the Nephilim, Big Audio Dynamite, The Sex Pistols, The Clash, ChocQuibTown. I aslo love flamenco and colombian music.

Books: Favourite writers are: William Wordsworth, Sylvia Plath, Anne Karpf, Catherine Cookson, Anne Rice, Langston Hughes, Terry Pratchett, Maya Angelou, Zadie Smith, Andrea Levy.

TV shows/Movies: Star Trek, Babylon 5, Xena, Breaking Bad, Eastenders

Instrument: Percussion, guitar

Do you like sports? I sometimes watch football. I like fencing and equestrian sports.

Family: Two brothers

Clothing: Black. I love Victorian Gothic clothing especially dresses.

How did you find this website? Internet search

Job: Full-time MA Student

Plans for the future? Publish some stories , maybe write book.

Last edited by amystattoo on 23 Mar 2014, 4:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

BooleanEthics
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Mar 2014, 7:48 pm

What is your first name? N shall do for the moment

Hobbies and Interests: Music, soccer, internet forums, sporting clothing and the web window shopping of, shower gels and the number I can feel comfortable having at one time, science, how things work/systems

Why are you here? Self improvement.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Last 9 months-ish and only really taking it on board in the last month

Favorite subjects: Science/History/Geography

Year/Grade:

Favorite music: All kinds: metal, rock, jazz, classical, funk, pop, noise

Books: My complete Calvin And Hobbes is a treasure, haven't massively taken to other books lately

TV shows/Movies: OTT 80s action movies, Scott Pilgrim Vs The World, Game Of Thrones, The Soup, Spaced

Instrument: Bass guitar (3 strings and a blown amp currently)

Do you like sports? Rugby and football mostly

Family: youngest of 7. Dynamics are driving me up the wall right now.

Clothing: Aiming to be stylish enough to not stand out but look reasonably good on closer inspection. That's the ideal.

How did you find this website? Recommended to me by a peer group organiser.

Job: Yes, please.

Plans for the future? Move out, get stuck into practising habits to make social interaction/routine/stress management easier and "developing world" domination.

Any comments? None yet.

MusicalWonders
Raven
Raven

23 Mar 2014, 10:25 pm

Name: Ashley.

Hobbies and Interests: Anime/cartoons, Pokemon, forums, music.

Why are you here? - I like forums. I generally have difficulty with interactions and dropping down my opinion in random threads helps me feel more interactive, even though I'm not directly talking to somebody.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I know my parents recognized I had it around the time I was 4. I think that was about the time.

Favorite subjects: Favorite TV shows and videos games, I occasionally like to have debates but not too much, and I like getting to know other people and having other people know about me. Subject in school would be English, I'm interested in writing.

Year/Grade: I'm currently not in school. I graduated high school back in 2011 but am planning to go to College when I can.

Favorite music: Punk Rock, I mostly like things along the lines of Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Yellow Card, and Breaking Benjamin.

Books: I don't really read books.

TV shows/Movies: Pokemon, My Little Pony, South Park, and Family Guy are my most favorite.

Instrument: I don't play any.

Do you like sports? - No, they've often interrupted my sleep and I find them boring. I've also had a friend yell at me for not liking sports.

Family: I live with my parents, my sister, and our 5 bunnies.

Clothing: I generally like cute T-shirts and miniskirts.

How did you find this website? I think one time I was researching Autism?

Job: I currently don't have one.

Plans for the future? I don't know. I'm honestly lost.

Any comments? Not really.

wisenupjanetweiss
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Mar 2014, 10:41 pm

What is your first name? My legal first name is Aubre but I go by Ren

Hobbies and Interests: Videogames, science fiction, art, writing

Why are you here? Undiagnosed possible aspergers or something high functioning on the spectrum. I also have ADHD, which is what I'll use to answer the following question.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): (ADHD) Age 14, so 2011

Favorite subjects: History, art, English, Spanish, Band/music classes

Year/Grade: 12

Favorite music: All kinds

Books: Sci-fi/fantasy mostly

TV shows/Movies: sci-fi, some comedy, crime dramas, older sitcoms, home design, cooking, game shows

Instrument: Trumpet (I play), Guitar (I play), Piano (I play somewhat), Taiko (I play), Saxophone (I desperately want to learn)

Do you like sports? Yeah, some

Family: I live with my mom, stepdad, and a bunch of furry little guys

Clothing: Uhhh all kinds

How did you find this website? Ezra, wherever he is

Job: Crew Trainer/Shift Assistant

Plans for the future? Get married, have kids, find a job that doesn't suck

Any comments? Hi XD

Rysmarin
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Mar 2014, 10:19 am

What is your first name?
My given name is Ryan, but please call me Rysmarin or Rys.

Hobbies and Interests: Literature, programming, RPGs, and philosophy.

Why are you here?
Numerous reasons, most of which involve a sort of "first step" towards exposure therapy.

When were you diagnosed?
age 6: ADHD and OCD
age 21: PTSD, social anxiety, and autism spectrum disorder (apergers)

Favorite subjects: English and science.

Year/Grade: College.

Favorite music: Most electronic genres, as well as some rock and metal.

Books: I'll admit a preference for high fantasy and romance, particularly the Sword of Truth series.

TV shows/Movies: MLP:FIM and Doctor Who are the only ones I actually follow.

Instrument: Trombone, as well as a little keyboard and drums.

Do you like sports?
Only martial arts, and only if I'm participating.

Family: I live with my father, step mother, and step brother. My mother and step father live close by with their son/stepson, and so does my brother. I'm the eldest of my siblings.

Clothing: Casual in dark or cool colors and a loose fit. Usually long sleeves and, if the heat allows, a jacket.

How did you find this website?
Through a general irritation with my current state. And Google.

Job: Freelance writer.

Plans for the future?
Too many to list here, I think.

Any comments?
Even this much seems to make me nervous. =_=;

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2014, 1:36 am

The moon belongs to everyone.

Tyl3r
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Mar 2014, 1:02 pm

What is your first name? Sel

Hobbies and Interests: Cooking, reading non-fiction, intersectional politics, film, music

Why are you here? I've wondered for a long time if I have aspergers, as a lot of the signs are there, though I haven't had a diagnosis. I go to autism services next week.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Diagnosed with dyspraxia about ten years ago and bipolar 2 years ago, not sure if before the end of next month I'll have an autism or aspergers diagnosis.

Favorite subjects: Intersectional feminism, lefty topics, gender and racial analysis of film, health, psychology, Buddhism, co-operatives/radical ways of organising society ect

Year/Grade: Masters student

Favorite music: I like lots of music, but my current favourite albums are Blue by Joni Mitchell, Rumours by Fleetwood Mac, Stoosh by Skunk Anansie, The Resistance by Muse... Also been listening to Riot Grrrl as of late.

Books: I only read non-fiction, apart from if the writer is very literal (like Nausea by Sartre), or if I have an interest in something with a historical context (like Orwell)... Most of what I read is political, or about Buddhism, or health.

TV shows/Movies: Waking Life, Baraka and Samsara, Adaptation, Brazil... I don't have a TV, but enjoy episodes of Archer, or Orange is the new Black... Oh and I like documentaries too.

Instrument: None

Do you like sports? Not really

Family: Mum and bro

Clothing: Very androgynous, but comfortable

How did you find this website? In search engine

Job: Crappy call centre

Plans for the future? Finish my Masters and I'm working on a housing co-op thing... I'd like to travel and get better Spanish and French. I'd like to visit Marinaleda and go back to Berlin. I'd love to be at the point where I can work in a job where I can scoot off for a few months (maybe like a term-time job which pays enough to cover my rent during travel).

Any comments? I don't think so... I think I may have aspergers or autism and I fit the diagnostic criteria I've seen. Although some people think I'm confident, it's only because I insulate myself largely with political people, or those with similar interests. I'm not big nor confident on "personal" communication or small talk, so it kind of acts as a buffer. I want to maybe learn to read and understand people better and find ways to make life less stressful. I maybe want to have another relationship at some point (no rush), but I always screw them up by not reading things socially, or I attract people who take advantage of me. I kinda want to be able to feel like I'm not an alien on another planet.

Terrodactal
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Mar 2014, 11:51 pm

What is your first name?: Lizzie

Hobbies and Interests: Sherlock Holmes, Marvel Comics, Unicycling

Why are you here?: I'm thinking about trying to get a diagnosis

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I don't have an official diagnosis as of yet. While I'm sure I do have Asperger's, I want to get a few official opinions on this before I go around saying so.

Favorite subjects: In school? It's always depended based on the atmosphere of the class. Right now I'm doing a pretty good job in my debate class, which I'm rather proud of, but to be honest I don't know what I'm doing right in my debates so that's a bit confusing. History and English tend to have the nicest teachers, I think.

Year/Grade: 12th

Favorite music: I like all sorts except for Country.

Books: I read anything that pertains to the interests I listed above, and in the ways of other fiction I'm fond of John Green, Harry Potter, and Dystopian novels.

TV shows/Movies: Pretty much any adaptation of Sherlock Holmes (I'm working my way through a list, want to watch all of the major ones. Too bad they couldn't film William Gillette's.), Pixar Movies, Super Hero movies, NBC's Hannibal

Instrument: I have a guitar and a melodica though I'm really not all that musically inclined.

Do you like sports?: No. I like sports that don't have structured rules though, like skateboarding and unicycling. I hate ball games of all sorts.

Family: Big. Very big. (I have eight siblings, to give you an idea.)

Clothing: I can't wear anything made out of silk, and really for me to be comfortable it's got to be cotton. The sleeves can't cut into the armpit, it can't have ruffles in it, I can't wear shorts because I can't deal with things like chairs and people's knees touching the skin of my leg (Which sucks because I live in the dessert).

How did you find this website? Oddly enough (or not, maybe this happens a lot), I knew about this website about an hour before I knew about Asperger's Syndrome. A few years ago I was in one of those confused/frustrated with myself moods and I started googling weird things about me, only to have this website pop up again and again and again. I was really uncomfortable with the idea at first but the more research I did the more realistic (and also not problematic) the thought of me being on the autistic spectrum became.

Job: I currently work temporarily at a local fair as a sanitation worker. (janitor) I don't recommend it.

Plans for the future?: I want to make films and write scripts for TV Shows and books about Sherlock Holmes but I realize none of these things are likely to make me much money. Therefore I'm going to study graphic design, as photoshop is the only profitable thing I can stand doing, and use the money I make from that to fund the ridiculous goals I listed before.

Any comments?: I'm glad this website exists.

-Sherlock Holmes, A Case of Identity

TheMighty_Moo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Mar 2014, 11:56 pm

What is your first name? It's Zeynep but Moo works too.

Hobbies and Interests: Media, philosophy, writing, music, belief, paradoxes!, languages, quantum physics, law, life. Ah, and bookshelves, libraries and BOOKS!! 8)

Why are you here? Came here when I was researching for the Autism/Asperger's presentation I'll make in April. I'm.. a quite gifted Aspie so I really wanted to do something about Autism/Aspergers and raise awareness. I will be able to finally reach out to people. And I found some very awesome forums here and I said "Man, I should give this a try.".

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): When I was about 5.

Favorite subjects: History [mostly 'cause I get to sleep], philosophy, TOK [theory of knowledge], English and chemistry.

Year/Grade: High School, baby!

Favorite music: Instrumental/classical music. But I like rock as well.

Books: Anything, really. But mostly SKULDUGGERY PLEASANT!! ! [that's the story behind my signature, y'all.]

TV shows/Movies: I don't really watch any TV shows but Breaking Bad was awesome. Avengers, Hunger Games, Marvel stuff, Man on a ledge and ROBOCOP!! !

Instrument: Pianoooo!

Do you like sports? :?

Family: Mom and dad.

Clothing: Comfortable, awesome and pretty boy-ish.

How did you find this website? Take a look at the answer above!

Job: Student

Plans for the future? Going to study law or literature or UN stuff, I'll decide when I get my hands on "the future".

Any comments? Nah, I'm cool. Stay awesome, guys! 8)

Moo approves!

Fisplen
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 6:55 am

What is your first name? : Samuel

Hobbies and Interests: I don't really have any hobbies, I've taken an interest in skyscrapers and urban planning, I sometimes go out and use
my telescope sometimes, so I'm in to Astronomy too.

Why are you here? Back in November I searched up ' Autism forum ' and here I am.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Around 2005, we traveled to some top notch medical place in london where
I had a few tests done on me and was diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome, I suppose I was lucky for getting diagnosed early on in life.

Favorite subjects: In School? Well I enjoy RS, Geography and History, I don't mind Physics.

Year/Grade: Year 10, also known as 9th grade in the US and A.

Favorite music: I enjoy a bit of everything really, though currently I'm in to 90s Hip hop and stuff like that.

Books: Hunger Games, sci fi and stuff like that, though I prefer reading factual books to be honest.

TV shows/Movies: I used to be in to Doctor Who when I was a kid, but lost interest when Matt Smith came about, at the moment, I enjoy
watching Breaking Bad from time to time.

Instrument: I tried playing the Piano for a bit, yet I was terrible, I have no instrument I play, at all.

Do you like sports? Not really into it, I don't mind Rugby but thats it.

Family: I have 3 sisters, aged 9, 7, and 1.

Clothing : I wear anything that fits and is comfortable, I really do not give a crap about what I wear, I have better things to think about ( I never wear Jeans however, they limit my movement and are just uncomfortable. )

How did you find this website? Already answered that.

Job: I don't have one, I'm currently studying my GCSE'S in year 10 in High School.

Plans for the future? I'm currently saving up for a trip around Europe in the 2020's with a few friends, other than that I have no idea what I want to do.

Any comments? No.

Delilah85
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Mar 2014, 11:51 am

What is your first name? Let's go with Delilah for now.

Location: Boston, MA, transplant from Sydney, Australia, via Melbourne, Australia, Hong Kong, Thailand, and England.

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, creating things - I love sewing, painting, writing, and cooking.

Why are you here? I feel like there's a real lack of understand in the real world. I'm hoping to find people that I can connect with on a real level and who I can be honest with without fear.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Age 25, comorbid with bi-polar disorder.

Favorite subjects: History of various times and places.

Year/Grade: N/A

Favorite music: Classic rock.

Books: Way too many to list! I love historical fiction and nineteenth and early twentieth century fiction.

TV shows/Movies: Again, historical fiction. I also love those cartoons that work on both child and adult levels - The Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, etc. I watch a lot of documentaries.

Instrument: Used to sing and play the French Horn. I'm thinking about taking up lessons again.

Do you like sports? Does horse riding count as a sport? If so, yes.

Family: Currently, Dad (66), sister (29), half sister (43), all NT, half sister (45) bi polar with possible other issues.

Clothing: Whatever is comfy! But I do like to dress nicely when I go out.

How did you find this website? Internet search based on suggestion from psychiatrist.

Job: self-employed.

Plans for the future? Continue to be self employed, make real estate investments, travel widely.

Any comments? I really hope this community lives up to its reputation as a caring and safe place for people like myself, who are fundamental vulnerable because of their neurological problems.

Thanks all! I can't wait to get to meeting you.

kaiouti
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Apr 2014, 4:51 am

the_enigma wrote:
What is your first name? Ashley

Plans for the future? I want to be an author

Hey Ashley that's cool that you want to be an author, me too!
Im currently writing a few novels at once, one is a mafia/supernatural one, another is a psychedelic trip to the other side
and a couple others that are probably going to be Adventurous/Crime/Fantasy/Supernatural/Psychedelic etc;

what kind of books are you writing? :)
-------------------------------------------------------------
What is your first name? Call me Jessman

Hobbies and Interests: Drawing, Writing, Pool/8Ball, Basketball, Gym

Why are you here? To keep up to date with Aspie news and to learn more about myself while also meeting new people with Aspergers.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 16-17 (2006-7)

Favorite subjects: Linguistics, Art, Music,

Year/Grade: I went back to school to finish off year 11 and year 12 with a cert 2 that is yet to be detemined.

Favorite music: Alt rock but a bit of everything. Nine Inch Nails, The Beatles, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The All American Rejects, Mindless Self Indulgence, Milla Jovovich etc;

Books: Non-Fiction mainly, Crime, Music, Thrillers. Chopper Series, Scar Tissue by Anthony Keidis (Red Hot Chili Peppers), Michael Caine's Autobiography etc;

TV shows/Movies: Schwarzenegger movies, Al Pacino, Robert De niro, Keanu Reeves, John Malkovich, Giovanni Ribiosi, Alexandrow Jodorowsky, Apocalypse Now, The Matrix, The Devils Advocate, Natural Born Killers, Fight Club, True Detective, Futurama, South Park, Housos etc;

Instrument: Guitar and I think I wanna get into synth keyboard and other stuff.

Do you like sports? Yes, Basketball, Rugby, Pool/8Ball, Gym etc;

Family: Just mum, dont talk or see my dad lately

Clothing: Dark clothes but on occasion some bright or flashy stuff

How did you find this website? Cant remember

Job: Student

Plans for the future? Do something with Art, Drawing, become an author, maybe a semi graphic novel author, Musician and/or Computer Professional

Any comments?
I can be a dreamer, Tripper and intellectual conversationalist.

RobKarmic
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Apr 2014, 8:22 am

What is your first name? Rob

Hobbies and Interests: I sort of just do things... I like to hyperfocus on games, music, Wikipedia, or anything I damn please often but it's not exactly conducive to the opinions of other people. I have Dysgraphia so I cannot write music myself but I like to analyze it

Why are you here? I like to read stuff that people post and type out my opinions/facts for myself but then delete most of them because I feel like I put too much effort into things which people don't respond to or feel intrigued by

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I sort of figured it out for myself when I was 16 always incorrectly diagnosed by uneducated(educated but incompetent) psychologists alike a friend I met over an online game she lives in Austria said she thinks I had autism like her and asked me to take the aspie test which sure enough I scored 175 out of 200 towards aspergers

Favorite subjects: psychology but I also like to collect a large verity of strange facts for the sake that they are interesting

Year/Grade: High school drop out I don't remember ever doing coursework/homework past 4th grade anyway completely self-taught in aspects which I enjoy

Favorite music: I like all kinds depends on how I'm feeling. I often listen to rap music because I like to analyze the lyrics my favorite artist is Aesop Rock because his music is nonsensical to most people and incredibly complex

Books: The Myth of Laziness is one which really hit home, but I don't like the texture of paper. so, I tend to just read over the web... countless things really not exactly books.

TV shows/Movies: A lot of anime and high production shows like Game of Thrones, Sherlock(BBC), Breaking Bad, ect...

Instrument: I used to play percussion but that wasn't really something I was interested more just something for school

Do you like sports? I enjoy running and I suppose mma/boxing other fighting sports but sports in general aren't my thing as you could imagine

Family: Father/grandfather are clearly aspies. a large portion of my cousins and my aunt are clearly aspies/genius intelligence. my grandmother may be as well but I couldn't tell she's obviously learned the rules of the game if she is

Clothing: Jeans and a T-shirt 24/7 ... that's incredible typical of me

How did you find this website? Came up from a web search.. a lot

Job: Unemployed currently living with parents not sure if that's ever gonna change but one day I may try something school in this day and age absolutely isn't happening

Plans for the future? Maybe if I meditate under this computer screen for 40 days I'll reach enlightenment! ... yeah not really

Any comments? I seem to have some sort of Gastroesophageal reflux disease which may end up killing me it's getting pretty painful lately with the nausea I have to go to a Barium Swallow again I bet... Buckets of fun and probably radioactive clay I'm currently on Proton Pump Inhibitors which are a godsend and Zofran when needed which is even more amazing but it only hides the symptoms doesn't treat the issue

Don't think I could say much that you guys don't already know about me I guess the typical aspie things I would say normally shouldn't apply ... I'm currently taking Lamictal... and it's useless like most other drugs I've taken hopefully I'll be off that soon