Page 329 of 358 [ 5723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 326, 327, 328, 329, 330, 331, 332 ... 358  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2020, 12:11 am

^^^hiya Yowie :) welcome to our club :alien:

DragonDude7
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Jan 2020, 6:35 pm

What is your first name: Michael

Hobbies and Interests: movies, TV, music, reading, sports. The usual I guess.

Why are you here: I’m hoping to push myself to talk more openly about my issues and to finally stop avoiding them so much.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): For me it’s Aspergers. I was diagnosed a number of years ago, not sure of the exact time.

Favorite subjects: quite a few.

Year/Grade: N/A

Favorite music: hmmm, tricky question. Tends to change with my mood.

Books: Happy to read just about anything.

TV shows/Movies: Same again, anything that looks interesting.

Instrument: None.

Do you like sports? Yes, I’m a big lover of rugby.

Family: The usual, pretty normal family.

Clothing: Whatever’s comfortable.

How did you find this website? My partner was recommended this site and after seeing it I thought it would be an amazing help.

Job:none right now.

Plans for the future? Hope to be able to settle down here and build a nice life for my future.

Any comments? I’m looking forward to getting to know new people and start helping myself.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 6:06 am

What is your first name? Dylan

Hobbies and Interests: Art, music, computer games, and Youtube videos.

Why are you here? Because I am Autistic.

When were you diagnosed? Around 3 years old.

Favorite subjects: Art, English, History.

Year/Grade: 11th grade.

Favorite music: Progressive rock, country music, folk music, and sometimes hard rock and heavy metal.

Books: The French In North America 1500-1788, People's history of Quebec, The Plantagenets, 1000 places in the US and Canada to see before you die, and 20000 Leagues Under The Sea.

TV shows/Movies:

Instrument: Guitar and Piano.

Do you like sports? They're okay if I had to be a sports fan I would be a Hockey fan.

Family: I live with my mom and my dad.

Clothing: Pants and a tee shirt.

How did you find this website? Looking at online Autistic communities.

Job: Student.

Plans for the future? Become an artist, writer, and musician.

Any comments? 2020 is going to be a good year and Wrongplanet is a good Autistic community.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 6:12 am

^^^i hope you're right about that last point about 2020.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 6:25 am

auntblabby wrote:
^^^i hope you're right about that last point about 2020.

Me to.

Handa Rei
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jan 2020, 12:53 am

What is your first name? Jimi

Hobbies and Interests: Writing, reading, a little painting/drawing, DnD, listening to talks, chess, anime, spending way
too long following the threads of my curiosity on the internet. I've been wanting to try poetry lately. My interests are listed on my profile as I feel like there are a lot.

Why are you here? I want to talk to others with an ASD and I want to learn. Ideally I'll get to know some like minded
people.

When were you diagnosed?: End of November 2019

Favorite subjects: Dreams, parapsychology, philosophy, spirituality, mathematics.

Favorite music: Instrumental? Orchestral? Melodeath? Ambient/folk? I can't choose.

Books: I like fiction and non-fiction. For fiction I really enjoyed Zaregoto/Monogatari series, Raven: Blood eye series and Conn Iggulden's Conqueror series. As for non-fiction some favourites are True Hallucinations, Archetypes and the Collective Unconscious and The Way of Chuang Tzu.

TV shows/Movies: I very rarely watch TV shows or movies but I do watch anime, many genres. One TV show I really
loved is Vikings, but I ended up losing interest after season 5.

Instrument: Piano

Do you like sports? I'm indifferent. I used to play football as a kid, I'm sure I'd enjoy it if I resumed.

Family: Both of my parents still live and I have 5 siblings.

Clothing: I wear whats comfortable but I'd rather just wear no clothes at all. Shame I can't get away with that. Everything I own is black but I'm hoping to change that, it's getting a bit old.

How did you find this website? It was recommended to me after my diagnosis.

Job: No

Plans for the future? I will finish writing my book and then move on to other things.

Any comments? Seems like a nice place, I hope it's still somewhat active.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2020, 11:48 pm

^^^hello Handa and welcome to our club 8)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2020, 11:54 pm

Handa Rei wrote:
What is your first name? Jimi

Hobbies and Interests: Writing, reading, a little painting/drawing, DnD, listening to talks, chess, anime, spending way
too long following the threads of my curiosity on the internet. I've been wanting to try poetry lately. My interests are listed on my profile as I feel like there are a lot.

Why are you here? I want to talk to others with an ASD and I want to learn. Ideally I'll get to know some like minded
people.

When were you diagnosed?: End of November 2019

Favorite subjects: Dreams, parapsychology, philosophy, spirituality, mathematics.

Favorite music: Instrumental? Orchestral? Melodeath? Ambient/folk? I can't choose.

Books: I like fiction and non-fiction. For fiction I really enjoyed Zaregoto/Monogatari series, Raven: Blood eye series and Conn Iggulden's Conqueror series. As for non-fiction some favourites are True Hallucinations, Archetypes and the Collective Unconscious and The Way of Chuang Tzu.

TV shows/Movies: I very rarely watch TV shows or movies but I do watch anime, many genres. One TV show I really
loved is Vikings, but I ended up losing interest after season 5.

Instrument: Piano

Do you like sports? I'm indifferent. I used to play football as a kid, I'm sure I'd enjoy it if I resumed.

Family: Both of my parents still live and I have 5 siblings.

Clothing: I wear whats comfortable but I'd rather just wear no clothes at all. Shame I can't get away with that. Everything I own is black but I'm hoping to change that, it's getting a bit old.

How did you find this website? It was recommended to me after my diagnosis.

Job: No

Plans for the future? I will finish writing my book and then move on to other things.

Any comments? Seems like a nice place, I hope it's still somewhat active.

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2020, 11:55 pm

DragonDude7 wrote:
What is your first name: Michael

Hobbies and Interests: movies, TV, music, reading, sports. The usual I guess.

Why are you here: I’m hoping to push myself to talk more openly about my issues and to finally stop avoiding them so much.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): For me it’s Aspergers. I was diagnosed a number of years ago, not sure of the exact time.

Favorite subjects: quite a few.

Favorite music: hmmm, tricky question. Tends to change with my mood.

Books: Happy to read just about anything.

TV shows/Movies: Same again, anything that looks interesting.

Do you like sports? Yes, I’m a big lover of rugby.

Family: The usual, pretty normal family.

Clothing: Whatever’s comfortable.

How did you find this website? My partner was recommended this site and after seeing it I thought it would be an amazing help.

Job:none right now.

Plans for the future? Hope to be able to settle down here and build a nice life for my future.

Any comments? I’m looking forward to getting to know new people and start helping myself.

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

Breaknoise
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Feb 2020, 7:42 pm

What is your first name: Guillermo

Hobbies and Interests: movies, TV shows, music, reading, cybersecurity (hacking), philosophy, science, medicine, AI, dinosaurs, history.

Why are you here: find people to talk and share experiences, also feel some support from the community.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Waiting for the result (next Tuesday), but I'm pretty sure about my asperger.

Favorite subjects: Two much... (if I have to choose politics, science, computer science) .

Favorite music: Tends to change with my mood, but triphop, lofi, chillhop, electronic, metal, post rock, classic, reggae.

Books: I love to read whatever I can. (love fantasy, books about history, science or philosophy, psychology as well)

TV shows/Movies: Anything that looks interesting.

Do you like sports? All the martial arts.

Family: Wife and two kids.

Clothing: Hoods, loose sport pants, polarize sunglasses.

How did you find this website?: Google.

Job: IT Security Expert.

Plans for the future?: Right now, I honestly don't know.

Any comments? Thanks for the warm welcome, I feel after a long long time ago part of a community.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2020, 9:28 pm

^^^welcome Guillermo, to WP :alien:

alicey
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Feb 2020, 5:43 am

What is your first name? Alice

Hobbies and Interests: Painting

Why are you here? Connecting with people who have the disorder or have relatives with the disorder to try and understand it a bit more

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): My sister was diagnosed 2 years ago

Favorite music: Blachbear and Lany are my favourite musicians

Books: Big fan of the hunger games saga

TV shows/Movies: Probably the late night show

Instrument:No

Do you like sports? Not really, I like Yoga

Family: 1 sister

Clothing: I hate dresses

How did you find this website? I looked up 'my sister has asperger how do I cope'

Job: Graphic Designer

Plans for the future? I want to move to Europe

Any comments? Just that I'm new here so getting used to everything :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2020, 6:08 am

^^^welcome to our club, Alice :flower:

MyNameisNic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Feb 2020, 4:58 pm

What is your first name? Nicole

Hobbies and Interests:

1. Hobbies- researching my interests, reading the news, watching tv shows and movies based on my interests, playing with my cats and dogs, writing, cooking, activism, and reading nonfiction

2. Interests- nutrition and health, psychology and sociology, economics and economic development, veganism and animal rights, environmentalism, futurism, symbolism and social constructs

3. Obsessions- vegan recipes and problem solving, creative advocacy, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (for life!), Star Trek (TNG, Voyager, DS9, and Picard... but really just the idea behind the ST universe), Buffy, my 90s childhood nostalgia, rocks (especially rough gemstones, eroded, oddly pierced, or rocks that have merged with other substances), learning about autism and adhd (diagnosed with ADHD, in the process of diagnosis with autism), obsession with cats (duh, lol), and obsession with symbols and deconstructing their meaning

Why are you here? to be a part of a support system with people who have similar problems, a sense of belonging for once

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): in the process

Favorite subjects: health, economics (all, it was my major), environmental science, psychology, physics, sociology, art, any writing class, algebra (I kept taking classes as an elective, lol), genetics (was first place in my class)

Year/Grade: BSBA in Economics, enrolling in Masters in Engineering for Sustainable Smart Cities

Favorite music: all genres of rock, hip hop, jazz (especially swing, big band, piano, and new jazz (the jazz stations on Youtube), classical music (specifically from the Classical, Early and Late Romantic Eras), Latin and Reggaeton (I'm hispanic), and some rockabilly, bluegrass, and vocal jazz

Books: A Brief History of Time, The Fabric of the Cosmos, Find Your Why, Alice in Wonderland, How to Make Friends and Influence People, The Alchemist, The Golden Ratio, The Kybalion, slice of life on Webtoons, Buffy and Power Rangers graphic novels

TV shows/Movies: individual shows mentioned above already, genres include documentary, supernatural, dystopian, health and wellness, or comedy (depending on the type of comedy, most of it is weird to me)

Instrument: vocal, piano (not well)

Do you like sports? no, but I like kayaking, hiking, and attempting to dance lol

Family: father in another state, mother in Nicaragua, lives with boyfriend, never lived alone, no kids, four pets, half-sister I rarely speak to (she's the social one)

Clothing: optional? (jk) Um, comfortable, not stabbing into me (I like them a size up so their looser), corsets feel like a fancy compression vest, I like things that are unique

How did you find this website? I consulted the Google ;)

Job: executive assistant, where I get to stare at a screen all day and not interact with others :)

Plans for the future? go back for my master's degree, help with sustainable economic development in my community

Any comments? Hi

Diagnosed with ADHD, general anxiety disorder, chronic severe depression. In the process of obtaining an ASD diagnosis.

AQ from Psychology Tools: 45

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2020, 11:07 pm

^^^Welcome to our club, Nic :flower:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2020, 11:24 pm

Welcome, Nic! :heart: