Page 358 of 358 [ 5723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 354, 355, 356, 357, 358

younginhuman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Jan 2024, 2:46 pm

What is your first name? Sydney

Hobbies and Interests: I'm a music nerd who's also super into movies and video games :) I love to collect things and really like horror. I'm also big on psychology.

Why are you here? Thought it would be nice to be able to connect with people similar to me

Favorite subjects: Philosophy, psychology, human anatomy

Year/Grade: 10th

Favorite music: Fiona Apple, Car seat Headrest, Ween, IS6HWSVY, Merchant Ships, Coma Cinema, KMFDM.

Books: Scott Pilgrim, The Miseducation of Cameron Post, Paper Girls

TV shows/Movies: Saw franchise, Excision, Tusk, Kajillionaire, Killer Klowns From Outer Space, Chicago, Hellraiser

Instrument: Guitar, Piano

Do you like sports? not really :?

Family: mom, dad, sister, a dog and 2 rabbits :D

Clothing: skater/grunge attire

How did you find this website? Wiki

Job: unemployed :(

Plans for the future? not yet

PineappleLobster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jan 2024, 6:30 pm

What is your first name? PineappleLobster

Hobbies and Interests: crochet, webcomics, drawing, true crime, listening to music

Why are you here? Possible connection with others like myself

When were you diagnosed? 2022 self-diagnosed autism, 2013 professionally diagnosed adhd

Favorite subjects: homeschooled

Year/Grade: 10th? I can never remember

Favorite music: i listen to a really wide range of different genres, but off the top of my head, my favorite artists/bands are Wild Party, Jun Togawa, tiffi, The Happy Fits

Books: The Phantom Tollbooth, The way of the househusband

Tv show/movies: Helluva boss, Jurassic Park, Ancient Magus Bride

Instrument: a wee bit of piano

Do you like sports? I’ve never really been interested

Family: mom, dad, three older sisters

Clothing: for cold weather i go for dark colors and comfy

How did you find this website: my mom told me about it

Job: unemployed

Plans for the future? Undecided

Any comments?

perbug
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Feb 2024, 6:51 pm

What is your first name? harper

Hobbies and Interests: entomology, mlp, poetry, art

Why are you here? looking for (preferably neurodivergent) friends

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): almost two years ago

Favorite subjects: science, english, art

Year/Grade: 11th

Favorite music: folk

Books: watership down, beloved, their eyes were watching god

TV shows/Movies: my little pony! amelie. i believe in unicorns. the florida project. little miss sunshine. my neighbor totoro

Job: medical research

Plans for the future? college!

Jamilan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Feb 2024, 4:34 pm

What is your first name? Paul

Hobbies and Interests: Special interests now: Autism, Human origins. Human population genetics, Novel writing. Genetic genealogy. In the past: Ornithology, Motorcycles, Heavy Rock, Aviculture, Archaeology, Lithics, Amateur Radio (G0AGP), genealogy, morse code operation. Anthropology. Mustelids. Ferrets. Dogs. Siberian Husky. Bikejoring. Canicross. Fishing. strength training. Nutrition. Hiking. XHTML scripting / website building. Online gaming (an old FPS). Computers. Sumerian civilisation. British prehistory - Mesolithic and Neolithic. Prehistoric stonework. Portuguese culture. Political activism. Marxism. Blogging. Photography using home developed film, digital photography. Open source op systems.

Why are you here? I'm at a very low point and desperately lonely.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Undiagnosed autistic Autistic Spectrum CONDITION (not disorder). I'm on a very long waiting list for a diagnosis, but like some others, I've made Autism a special interest and have read too many books on the subject. I am autistic. Just took me 60 years to work it out. Hey, masked autism was barely recognised when I was young. They gave me 'speech therapy' when I was little.
Favorite subjects: Anything Natural History / World and anything past/heritage. Sciences in general. Wild-life.

Year/Grade: A very old one.

Favorite music: All sorts. Quite like Caroline Polachek at the moment. Folk, rock, trance, acoustic. guitar bands. etc.

Books: I read mainly factual throughout my life. Always on special interests (see above!). But I like a bit of dystopia and Sci-Fi. All time fave is 1984 George Orwell.

TV shows/Movies: Don't watch TV, nor many movies since PTSD.

Instrument: I do own a mandolin.

Do you like sports? Nah. I have canicross competed (running with dogs) and strength train. But I'm missing the competitive team sport gene. Don't do football etc.

Family: Yes. I've fulfilled my biological function.

Clothing: I can wear most things. Probably inclined to dress like an ageing rocker.

How did you find this website? Search Engined it. Did I also see reference to it in Devon Price's excellent book? It might have been another.

Job: Currently out of work. But worked in renewable energy power stations in operations for donks (decades)

Plans for the future? I cant currently see one. Survival I guess.

Any comments? I think that I've said too much!

Creator of Things
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Mar 2024, 8:52 pm

What is your first name? I prefer to go by my middle name, Echo

Hobbies and Interests: Designing many different things, building things from furniture to houses, homestead/farmstead, sustainable living/permaculture, off grid living, solar systems, animals, sewing, crafts (especially miniatures), about to embark on the complex process of 3D printing, cycling, reading, nutrition, vertical hydroponic gardening.... And so much more

Why are you here? Learning/understanding more about Asperger's and connecting with others who share similar traits.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Self diagnosed, I believe it was 2018. I love reading because it helps me understand people's motives better. However, I don't identify with the characters, until I read a soft science fiction book where the main character was an aspie. I called my mom and we talked about it, she had suspected it as well. I did the common Asperger's assessment questionnaire and I think it was right in the middle. Going to do it again but this time have my mom also answer the questions as well (in regards to me).

Favorite subjects: art and design

Year/Grade: school? It's been so long, all I remember now is hating every second I was there.

Favorite music: I'm a visual person not really into audio stuff. But if I do feel like listening to music I prefer either instrumental like Vivaldi or Lindsey Sterling or a cappella like voiceplay. Combining both singing and music together is harder for me.

Books: I will read just about anything that interests me from medical research journals, building codes, mystery, sci-fi/fantasy (this is my preferred fiction genre though). It will change what I want to read about; lately it's been dragon fantasy series.
My favorite series though is The Touchstone trilogy by Australian author Andrea K. Host. Only series I have ever read more than once!

TV shows/Movies: Not particularly interested in TV or movies. Sometimes I will binge watch a show 4 or 5 episodes in and then never go back. Mostly, I will finally find something I really like, and they'll cancel it; like Peripheral.

Instrument: I don't play any instruments but I wouldn't mind learning the cello; definitely a favorite by far!

Do you like sports? Team sports, absolutely NOT. Cycling, yes.

Family: My mom, an adult daughter whom my mother adopted and raised and a boy a couple adopted. My dog, Sadie.

Clothing: comfortable, soft, usually athletic wear.

How did you find this website? I found this a bit by accident. I asked Google how to train my dog not to be territorial, when I myself am. Most of the headings were rather hilarious and did not answer the question (though I hadn't really expected anything), but this forum came up because of a post on Asperger's and territorial behavior over certain things like personal space.
What followed, made me so sad to see so many asd's who's families were awful.
It has really made me appreciate my mom so much more!

Job: I have a very difficult time staying in a single type of job for more than a year. My last job as Tire Delivery Driver, was nearly two years but I left at the end of the year because I really needed a second shift job. I have very specific goals in mind and need to make a certain amount so I can save. I realized that certified forklift drivers on second shift can make fairly good money. Unfortunately, I don't have forklift certification and it's been a long time since I operated one. I found a free 6 week course at my local career center that is OSHA 10 certified, so I registered and start next Monday. In the meantime I am Doordashing. I despise them but Uber Eats messed up my background check so I'm still waiting.....

Plans for the future? Oh yes! I want to buy a property with some acreage, renovate the house (as I can't afford one that's liveable)and build a farmstead. I'm looking into getting my Insurance Adjuster license... But would like to interview someone to determine if it will work for me and my goals.

Any comments?
I spent a good portion yesterday reading lots of posts here and felt a connection I haven't ever felt anywhere else. So many more of my behaviors I hadn't considered as a part of being Asperger's. Really eye opening!
I was finally, back in August after a long and infuriating journey, diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. I've been on thyroid medication now for a little over 7 months now and the brain fog has lifted. It's like waking from a 12 year dream to find everything has changed. The world has passed and I'm no where near where I wanted to be at 50.
My ambition, drive, goal oriented self is finally back but my body got old and out of shape. The next year is going to be very hard.

Daniel113
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Mar 2024, 7:10 pm

What is your first name? Daniel

Hobbies and Interests: Math, Physics, Quantum Physics, learning

Why are you here? Recently diagnosed with ASD

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 2024

Favorite subjects: Science

Year/Grade:

Favorite music:Anything but country or Techno

Books:The Space Between Us, Richard Feynmans Lecture volumes, Quantum by Manjit Kumar

TV shows/Movies:Anything that interests me

Instrument: Guitar

Do you like sports? Football

Family: Mostly toxic

Clothing:Comfortable

How did you find this website?A friend suggested connecting through forums to try and learn better coping skills.

Job:Blue Collar worker

Plans for the future? Rental Properties.

Any comments? I would love advice in dealing with my anxiety about telling people about being Autistic and then them weaponizing it against me somehow.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 4:33 am

What is your first name? Take a guess. :P

Hobbies and Interests: Unsure. I only know what I DON'T like.

Why are you here?: I was a teen something year old newly officially diagnosed autistic who quit school with nothing to do but inquire and inquire.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Around 2009.

Favorite subjects: NOT anything too wordy, strictly semantic like law or business.

Year/Grade: I'm done.

Favorite music: I don't know.

Books: Really don't know.

TV shows/Movies: Depends.

Instrument: Hmm... Unsure.

Do you like sports?: Not really.

Family: By blood? Sure. By bond? That's a secret.

Clothing: Something comfortable.

How did you find this website?: Just something random on a search engine.

Job: I quit.

Plans for the future?: Nothing.

Any comments?: Not enough declaratives on my part.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Jason Thayer
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Mar 2024, 9:41 am

First name: Jason
Hobbies and Interests: music, science fiction, Catholicism, pro wrestling (specifically AEW), Sudoku
Why Are You Here: God thought the world needed me in it.
When were you diagnosed: 2000
How did you find this website?A friend suggested connecting through forums to try and learn better coping skills.
Favorite subject: English
Year/Grade: I graduated from college in 2003.
Favorite music: I like a wide variety of music, actually. As long as I can understand it, that is.
Books: Again, a wide variety. I can't really pick one favorite.
Instrument: piano
Job:Blue Collar worker
Sports: Pro Wrestling and the Olympics
Family: I still live with my mom.
Clothing: Not crazy about it, but I like being comfortable. I don't like shoes though.
TV shows: AEW, Big Bang Theory, Doctor Who, anything Star Wars and Marvel
How did you find this website? I looked up message boards about autism and this was the first result.
Plans for the future? Rental Properties.
Job: I've been unemployed since my dad began struggling with dementia. He's been dead for three years.
Plans for the future: no. That's never been my thing.
Any Comments: not really

reptilian_desert_goose
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Mar 2024, 10:47 am

What is your first name? Remy

Hobbies and Interests: vintage shaving, meditation, reading horror, westerns & sci-fi

Why are you here? Who says I'm here? Not me.

Favorite subjects: autism!

Year/Grade: I finished school a hot minute ago

Favorite music: I don't really listen to music but if I had to choose, anything smooth. Jazz, blues, country, soul etc.

Books: Stephen King, Richard Matheson, Larry McMurtry

TV shows/Movies: "For a few dollars more"; the original Twilight Zone, Bleach (the anime), Gilmore Girls, Friends, the Office, anything from Harmony Korine

Instrument: I can tap a pen really well.

Do you like sports? Nope. If I want to give my body exercise, I go for a really long walk.

Family: is who you choose.

Clothing: cargo pants + t-shirt

How did you find this website? heard legends about it

Job: I hate my job because its sensory hell

Plans for the future? stop suffering (as much)

Hanafuda_girl
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Mar 2024, 1:49 pm

What is your first name? Elena

Hobbies and Interests: TATTOOS, TATTOO BUBBLE GUM MACHINES, PIERCINGS, WRITING, PENPALING, FACEPAINT AND MAKE UP, SHAMANISM, BUSHIDO, YAKUZA CODE OF CONDUCT, TRUE CRIME, CRYSTALS, NEWAGE, BELLY DANCING, KARATE, HALLOWEEN, SCARY STORIES, CREEPYPASTA, CRYPTID, URBAN MYTHS, MODELING, KENJUTSU (SAMURAI SWORD PLAY), DRAWING, PAINTING, ASTRONOMY, STARGAZING, PHOTOGRAPHY, PHOTOMANIPULATION, READING, SOME CURRENT EVENTS, SELFIES, NETFLIX, YOUTUBING, YOUTUBE, TUBI TV, DISNEY +, ANGER MANAGEMENT, PRANKS (THE HARMLESS KIND), BASKETBALL, BASEBALL, NATURE PHOTOGRAPHY!

Why are you here? Like minded friends

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): at age 13, year 2002

Favorite subjects: I Am graduate of high school

Year/Grade: already graduated

Favorite music: INSANE CLOWN POSSE, LIMPBIZKIT, KORN, SLIPKNOT, TWIZTID, OTEP SHAMAYA, N.E.R.D., METHOD MAN, WU-TANG,GZA, RZA, AMERICANA BLUE GRASS, JENIFEREVER, BUFFY SAINTE MARIE, OUJIA MAC, NIRVANA, QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, DISTURBED, GORILLAZ, CRIME (LOST MEDIA NOW), PETER GABRIEL, REM, RADIO HEAD, ACES OF BASE, TATU, BACKSTREET BOYS, AQUA, PERTY, SPICE GIRLS, BANJO INSTRUMENTAL.

Books: WORLDS MOST DANGEROUS PLACES, LICENSE TO KILL, ADVENTURIST, 3 WORLDS GONE MAD, COMEBACK ALIVE, LAURA JOHN ROWLING BOOKS -THE SANO ICHARO SERIES, KITE RUNNER, LORD OF THE RINGS, HOBBIT, SHAKE HANDS WITH THE DEVIL, TRUE CRIME, GOOSEBUMPS, 1000 SPLENDID SUNS, GLOBOSAPIENS, FEAR STREET, FALLING, DROWNING, ARABIAN NIGHTS, FRANKENSTEIN, PUCK, SHŌGUN, CREEPYPASTA, STAND, IT, DREAM CATCHER!

TV shows/Movies: COBRA KAI, SIMPSONS, X-FILES, ZATOICHI, BOBS BURGERS, BAR RESCUE, FBI FILES, COPS, BLESS THE HARTS, SAILOR MOON, WAY OF THE HOUSE HUSBAND, INK MASTER, INK MASTER ANGELS, TATTOO NIGHTMARES, GREYS ANATOMY, NEW AMSTERDAM, SAMURAI WARRIORS, PETE AND PETE, ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK, ANYTHING ABOUT SPACE AND THE UNIVERSE, TREE HOUSE OF HORROR, KILL BILL, ONCE UPON A TIME IN,HOLLYWOOD, PULPFICTION, YAKUZA PAPERS, YAKUZA WOLF, ZATOICHI, SHŌGUN (1980), KARATE KID, WONKA, BROTHER, PRISON 701, JACKIE BROWN, RESERVOIR DOGS, INGLORIOUS B*STARDS, THE HATEFUL 8, DJANGO, ENTER THE DRA DRAGON, GHIBILI, SAW, HALLOWEEN, YOUTUBE, HOSTEL, EXORCIST, WOULD YOU RATHER, SHŌGUN (2024), THE OMEN, X-FILES, AMERICAN HISTORY X, LORD OF THE RINGS, HOBBIT, TROLLS

Instrument: guitar (acoustic).

Do you like sports? Martial arts, basketball, baseball

Family: my friends at my group home

Clothing: anything that will cover my body and look good doing it

How did you find this website? Search

Job: writer

Plans for the future? Hmmmm that’s a hard one

Any comments?nope

Prozac Bear
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Apr 2024, 8:08 am

What is your first name? PB

Hobbies and Interests: Classic Doctor Who, guitars, science, drawing, old school sci fi movies and tv.

Why are you here? Autism, Dyslexia, C-PTSD, Long Covid, ME/CFS, Fibromyalgia.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Diagnosed with autism about a month ago.

Favorite subjects: Biology, old sci-fi, 1970's Dr Who, psychology, electronics, guitars

Year/Grade: NA

Favorite music: Pink Floyd, Muse, The Cure

Books: 1984, The Lord of the Rings, The Selfish Gene

TV shows/Movies: Doctor Who, Sapphire and Steel, Star Trek (NG, DS9, V), Mystery Science Theatre 3000, 2001 A Space Odyssey, Alien, The Thing, Jaws, Star Wars (original trilogy), The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Blade Runner, Jurassic Park

Instrument: Guitar

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: Test cricket

Family: A husband of over 20 years. No children (just pets), No contact with anyone else I'm related to.

Clothing: Sweats and a t-shirt with a film reference.

How did you find this website? Can not remember

Job: Had to take ill health retirment after over 20 years as a biomedical scientist in the NHS.

Plans for the future? Trying to get my health back.

Any comments?