Page 33 of 358 [ 5723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 358  Next

alex
Developer
Developer

04 Feb 2006, 8:33 pm

CuriousPrimate wrote:
TV shows: Millennium, Firefly, Lost, Due South, Dr Who

good choices

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2006, 10:08 am

My first name: Fiona

Hobbies and Interests: Learning things related to biological science, films (action, horror, sci-fi, comedy), listening to music, exercise, playing on the xbox and many more probably, Im such a flexible person

When I was diagnosed: Well, at the age of 5 but it was never confirmed as my parents wouldnt allow it. Instead they made me see another doctor who told them the same thing and, again they wouldnt confirm it, hence Ive put in my profile that Im undiagnosed.

Year/grade: I graduated from Manchester Metropolitan University with a degree in Biology

Favourite music: Oh my goodness! I love many styles of music, its easier to list those that I hate and they are R'n'B, Hip Hop, some Rap and Jazz music.

Book: Im reading a book from the magazine New Scientist at the moment called 'Does anything eat wasps'. Its got some interesting facts in it (some I already knew but hey) and its quite interesting.

TV shows/movies: Shameless (Brits only)- its about a dysfunctional family from Manchester and its really funny. Desperate Housewives is also very good. The IT crowd (again Brits only) is also rather comical. My favourite films are the the Star Wars films and all the Alien films.

Instrument: My voice, been told Im a very good singer.

Sports: Aerobics, jogging, yoga, pilates. I used to be a good swimmer but not done it for years now.

Family: My mum lives in the north of england with her husband and my grandparents. My younger sister (who looks older than me) is studying at uni in manchester and my dad lives in the south of england. I have one aunt and two uncles on my mum's side of the family.

Clothing: Im not winning any fashion awards, I tend to dress in a way that makes me feel comfortable not society. I do have some quirky clothes though.

How did I find this website: By chance on google.

Job: I dont have one at present after walking out of my last job due to the bullying culture there. Im currently looking for work in the Manchester area as a lab assistant or technician, or maybe even further affield....

Plans for the future: To be happy

Xenon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2006, 10:01 pm

What is your first name? Glenn

Hobbies and Interests: Computers, astronomy, science fiction, movies, science fiction movies, cheesy old B-movies, cats, travel.

Why are you here? Looking for answers.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Haven't been officially, but I strongly suspect I might have AS.

Favorite subjects: Geography, psychology, urban mass-transit systems, library science.

Year/Grade: No longer applicable. I have a BA in Psychology and a 2-year college diploma in Library & Information Management.

Favorite music: All over the map, but favour Industrial, Techno, Electronica, Eurodance, EBM. Also fond of 1940's Big Band music and the Baroque era of Classical.

Books: Isaac Asimov, Robert A. Heinlein, Robert J. Sawyer, Larry Niven... see a pattern? :D

TV shows/Movies: TV: Stargate SG-1, Star Trek (original series, DS9, and Enterprise), Law & Order, CSI, The Twilight Zone, Numb3rs, Mystery Science Theater 3000.
Movies: Star Trek II, IV, and VI; Sneakers; Amadeus; The Rocky Horror Picture Show; just about any James Bond film. (Timothy Dalton is my favourite Bond.) I also have a fondness for "caper" films and "bad movies".

Instrument: None.

Do you like sports? Playing? No. Watching? Hockey and the Winter Olympics, some Curling.

Family: Only child. Father deceased 12 years ago. Mother lives in the same city I do, and we get along well.

Clothing: Mostly black.

How did you find this website? Web search (Google)

Job: The "Research & Correspondence" department of a local public utility company -- people write letters to the company, I'm in the department that answers them.

Plans for the future? I'm making it up as I go along. :D

Any comments? Not yet...

BladeX
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Feb 2006, 11:41 pm

What is your first name? David
Hobbies and Interests: Movies, getting into Photography, video games (current game obsessions are Guitar Hero (PS2) and Electroplankton (DS) although Electroplankton isn't technically a "game" but I'm not going to get into that), computers even though they drive me crazy sometimes.
Why are you here?: I'm confident I'm an Aspie, I'm here to meet new people I can relate to
When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Self Dx, would probably like an "official" Dx in the future though.
Favorite subjects: I really loved a course I took in high school called "Society, Challenge and Change". It was about cults, faith healers, different religions, teens who turned to violence etc. Very interesting stuff.
Year/Grade: Not applicable. Thinking of going back to school for Psychology.
Favorite music: I like all sorts of different music!
Books: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, America: The Book, My Digital XT field guide book.
TV shows/Movies:
TV: Family Guy, The Simpsons (pre-season 13), Invader Zim, Married: With Children, The Undergrads, The Daily Show.
Movies: Way to many to list, The Shawshank Redemption, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Ong Bak, to name a few.
Instrument: Trumpet (haven't played since High School), trying to learn guitar, basic keyboard/piano skills.
Do you like sports?: I can watch hockey and football, don't usually though.
Family:
Immediate: Mom and brother, I don't know my father.
Extended: Two aunts (and uncles by marriage). One with 3 kids, other has 2 (autie and aspie).
Clothing: None! I kid, mostly casual, business casual.
How did you find this website? Google search.
Job: Apple technical phone support (yes I do find this incredibly frustrating at times, it has helped my social skills though).
Any comments? Not really at this time.

Vae
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Feb 2006, 2:43 am

What is your first name? David

Hobbies and Interests: Computers, math, video games

Why are you here? To find people similar to myself

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): about a year ago

Favorite subjects: Chemistry

Year/Grade: Freshman in college

Favorite music: Led Zeppelin

Books: The Lord of the Rings

TV shows: House, Boston Legal, CSI, Lost, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Battlestar Galactica, Deadwood, Law and Order

Movies: Dr Strangelove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Instrument: N/A

Do you like sports? yes, I am a huge New England Patriots fan

Family: I have 2 bothers and my parents are still together.

Clothing: solid blue/grey/black s**t with tan pants.

How did you find this website? Google

Job: N/A

Plans for the future? Find a career with a degree in computer engineering

Any comments? no

BladeX
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Feb 2006, 2:51 am

Vae wrote:
Movies: Dr Strangelove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Nice! I love that movie. Peter Sellers was a comedic genius IMO.

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2006, 5:28 pm

What is your first name? Casey

Hobbies and Interests: reading,writing,drawing,stories,fanfictions,art,poetry,musicals,plays,musical instruments,sign language,foreign languages,science fiction,fantasy,geography,history,psychology,computers

Why are you here? because I want to talk about my issues and accomplishments,and to make new friends

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome on April 17,2003

Favorite subjects: history,geography

Year/Grade: 9th

Favorite music: rock,classical rock,celtic,hardcore,heavy metal

Books: Green Angel,The Hobbit,The Lord of the Rings,Harry Potter,Obsession,Keeping You a Secret,Define Normal,Forgotten Realms,Eragon

TV shows/Movies: Lord of the Rings,Inuyasha,Fruit's Basket,Full Metal Alchemist,Sailor Moon,Fanily Guy

Instrument: piano,violen,acoustic guitar

Do you like sports? not really but I like stuff like track,yoga,and martial arts

Family: parents and 3 siblings and 3 dogs

Clothing: I usually dress in a punkish-slightly-gothic style.lately,I have been coming up with my own styles.

How did you find this website? I googles it

Job: I have no job but I amtrying to find a teenage job as a librarian.

Plans for the future? Become a special education teacher,write sci-fi and fantasy books,write books for Asperger's people,and adopt children with my wife/girlfriend.

Any comments? not really...

-SpaceCase :D

mikibacsi1124
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2006, 6:32 pm

What is your first name? Mike (or Michael if you want to be all formal about it)

Hobbies and Interests: broadcasting/radio, TV announcers, game shows, fire alarms, production company logos, alternative rock, bowling, board games, soda

Why are you here? because I want to meet and converse with other aspies, and be a part of the aspie experience

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I was diagnosed with Asperger's when I was 11

Favorite subjects: broadcast news writing

Year/Grade: 4th year of college

Favorite music: alternative, classic rock, '90s hip-hop, Johnny Cash, oldies, showtunes, jingles, theme songs, and the ocassional pop song

Books: Harry Potter series

TV shows: The Simpsons, Arrested Development, Scrubs, Family Guy, Futurama, Monty Python's Flying Circus, Sesame Street (70s to early '90s), The Electric Company, and various game shows

Movies: American Beauty, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Liar Liar, Aladdin, Spider-Man movies

Instrument: I play a bit of piano, but I mainly use my voice as an intstrument

Do you like sports? I like to go bowling once in a while, does that count?

Family: just my mom and grandpa mainly. oh and my control-freak uncle who's been trying to take over my life with varying degrees of success

Clothing: I guess the best way to describe my clothing would be "neutral".

How did you find this website? someone else's journal

Job: none right now, just finishing up college

Plans for the future? Gradually work my way up in the field of broadcasting, with the ultimate goal of being a game show announcer. (No, not a host - I mean a guy who introduces game shows and describes prizes.)

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2006, 7:01 pm

Name Phillip Francis Hanscombe

Age 24

Location Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom OR Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire

Hobbies and interests I don't have hobbies I have passions

Why are you here Kick ass and chew bubblegum, but im all out of gum

When where you diagnosed nearly 15 years ago by Professor Patricia Howlin but was suspected Segmatic pragmatic/asperger from the late 80's

Favourite subjects History, Warfare, music, politics,aspergers and autisum

Year/Grade 1st year of a 3 year course in Advanced Diploma in nursing studies- Learning disability branch

Favorite music: Electronic Body Music, Electronica, Synth Pop/euro pop/future pop, Elecro-clash, 80's Goth/death rock, Noise, Gabba, classic rock from the 50's to 90's, thrash, metal, industrial, krautrock, hardcore, speedcore, grunge etc etc

Books Dune saga, I Robot (and other Issac asmiov works) Inside the third reich, Insomnia

TV shows History Documentries, Futurama, Simpsons, Knightmare (only uk people will remember that) Round The Bend (UK only) Transformers

Movies Goodbye to Lenin, 400 blows, Blue Velvet, Americain History X, The Haunting, Jacobs Ladder

Do you like sports? Don't mind playing them with friends, mild interest in football/soccer

Family 2 younger brothers, on aspie, one half brother with aspie traits.

Clothing I have no sense of fashion, comfort over looks

How did you find this website?
From other websites

Job Health Care Assistant

Plans for the future? Finish my course and qualify as an RNLD

chrysalis
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Feb 2006, 2:04 pm

What is your first name? Christine

Hobbies and Interests: Computers, reading, new age spirituality/paganism/native american spirituality/shamanism, crystals&rocks, energy work, nature, animals

Why are you here? I think I have aspergers

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): have not been diagnosed yet

Favorite subjects: spirituality, psychology, astronomy, astrology, science

Year/Grade: graduated in '95

Favorite music: subject to change. but lately it's been 80s metal and bluegrass

Books: Excuse Me Your Life is Waiting, The Four Agreements

TV shows/Movies: Charmed

Instrument: None

Do you like sports? Heck no.

Family: Live with partner, have 1 child

Clothing: Jeans and t-shirts, and hooded sweatshirts.

How did you find this website? Link from another site

Job: I work at home in litigation support

Plans for the future? living day-to-day, trying to earn a living, pay bills and raise my son the best I can

Any comments?[/quote]

chrysalis
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Feb 2006, 2:07 pm

Just wanted to say I am glad to see this topic... it is easy to get caught up in the "undesirable" (for lack of a better word) traits of aspergers, and filling this out helped me to think about all of things I like about myself, and reading about everyone elses interests reminds me that we really are an interesting bunch of folks!

Cyberpunkwriter
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Feb 2006, 7:25 pm

What is your first name? A “need to know” issue

Hobbies and Interests: WRITING!! ! And - Any and all knowledge, bass guitar and jazz trumpet, Society for Creative anachronism, kenjitsu/akido

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): age 23

Favorite subjects: not really applicable

Year/Grade: college grad, degree in psychology, currently premed

Favorite music: everything except white country gospel

Instrument: Rogue four string electric bass guitar, Bach Bb trumpet, Bach C trumpet, Bach French horn

Do you like sports? Only solitary ones, spectator sports are a waste

Family: adopted father and mother :Robert and Barbra Baker

Clothing: whatever is clean plus a leather jacket or leather trench

How did you find this website? My counselor

Job: writer (published), book dealer

Plans for the future? Degree in medicine if possible, published novel, book to help ADULT Aspies and autistics – huge shortage of aid for adults really pisses me off.

Any comments? Always, ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

ozymandias
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2006, 7:43 pm

What is your first name? Stephen

Hobbies and Interests: ditto

Why are you here? enlightenment and harmless fun

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Self

Favorite subjects: Volcanoes, music, pulp sci-fi/fantasy, nature, learning guitar

Year/Grade: NA

Favorite music: Folk, classical, 60's pop and rock

Books: If it interests me, I'll read it, many and varied topics

TV shows/Movies: Mythbusters, History Channel, Discovery Channel, some stuff on Cartoon Channel like "Samurai Jack", etc

Instrument: GUITAR

Do you like sports? basketball, softball for fun

Family: Wife and kid

Clothing: sweats or loose comfortable clothing

How did you find this website? I'v been here since near the beginning

Job: RN

Plans for the future? Enjoy life!

Any comments?[/quote] Do I get a medal or a chest pin it on for answering! :P

Peace

newchum
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2006, 5:45 am

What is your first name? Tristan

Hobbies and Interests: History, Sociology, Autistic Spectrum Disorders, Listening to Music, Internet research and chat, Drinking, Computer Games, Watching Television Shows and Movies.

Why are you here? To talk with other autistic people and to find ways of adapting better with the NT world.

When were you diagnosed? When I was 2 with HFA.

Favorite subjects: Macroeconomics

Year/Grade: 2th year Bachelor of Commerce

Favorite music: Classical, Some 80's pop, Alternative Rock, Metal

Books: Simon Schama's history of Britain, The Future Eaters,

TV shows/Movies: Intelligent cutting edge shows like South Park,

Instrument: none

Do you like sports? I follow Rugby League and Union, I also do Takewondo.

Family: I live with my dad and two brothers aged 8 and 10, I have two sister 18 and 21 who live in Melbourne.

Clothing: In style, but trending towards the conservative/preppy style.

How did you find this website? Not sure

Job: None right now, but either will have a job as a supermarket shelf stacker or delivery driver soon.

Plans for the future? Become an CPA, do the social scene, move to Sydney, travel the world, date some women, have some girlfriends, get married.

Auron_of_Kusari
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Feb 2006, 12:58 pm

First name: Classified

Hobbies: RC Vehicles, meteorology, video games

Interests: Japanese culture esp. Manga and anime, meteorology, video games

Why are you here: Im an aspie that wants to hang out

Diagnosed: age 5

Year: 3/4 way thru freshman year

Favorite Subject: Geometry

Favorite music: All rock genres (Classic, pop, Heavy metal)

Books: Harry Potter, Star Wars New Jedi Order series

Movies: LOTR, Harry Potter, Star Wars and The Matrix Trilogy

TV shows: Code LYOKO, any anime, 24, and LOST

Instrument: None

Sports: Im a weekend warrior, dont play in any leagues, but can play some sports very well, such as football

Family: Mum and Dad, Sis, a dog named Jake, and two cats, Sonny and Sammie

Clothing: Comfort over cool, but both if i can get it

How did you find WP: Ask Jeeves (Joking)

Current Job: Full-time student

Desired Job: Meteorologist

Plans for the Future: Become a meteorogist, then collect enough anime DVD's to break the world record

Other Info: This is my second WP account. My first was under the alias Archmage.

Proud member of the Guardians of Spira

All your base are belong to us

I am Auron, and i approve this message.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2006, 4:47 pm

Uh, hello. This is my first post here... o.O

What is your first name? Jonny.

Hobbies and Interests:Writing and Poetry; Psychology; Philosophy and deep thought; Mythology; Gorgeous visual artwork, especially of the gothic variety, and especially of the computer-generated variety; Politics (I hate talking about them but I do all the time anyway...); Movies; Games; Animation (especially stop-motion!); Online roleplaying (NOT the sexual kind...the kind where you make characters and complicated storylines, fight monsters, etc.); Vampires; Succubi (though I am very glad that they don't exist, or else I'd become a love-slave against my will in a second...); Graphic novels; Instant Messaging; Special effects; CGI; Superheroes; European accents (hahah); Staring at 90% of the people around me, then awkwardly looking away if they stare back (I'm not sure why I do that, but most people don't notice anyway).

Why are you here? Always good to have social connections. Don't have many in real life.

When were you diagnosed? I don't know my exact age, but I was pretty young when I got diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, OCD, and Sensory Defensiveness all in one nice package...how sweet. >.<

Favorite subjects: Depends on the teacher, but my favorite classes in the past have been Creative Writing, Psychology, World War II, AP English and Composition, and AP European History.

Year/Grade: I was a high school senior a few months ago but I just graduated mid-year.

Favorite music: I've finally started paying attention to the musical world recently, so I'm still pretty limited, but I like movie soundtracks, industrial, some alternative rock, some indie, some metal. Some of my current favorite grtoups/artists are Danny Elfman, Kidneythieves, Zeromancer, Evanescence (cliche, I know, but whatever), Cold, She Wants Revenge, Nine Inch Nails, and X-Ray Dog.

Books: (In alphabetical order, with some graphic novels) Catch 22, The Catcher in the Rye, Calvin & Hobbes series, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (wonder how many other people here have put THAT one?), The Da Vinci Code, the Harry Potter series, His Dark Materials series, Idlewild, The Sandman series, and Watchmen.

[/b]TV shows/Movies:[/b] I don't watch TV, but my favorite films are (once again, in alphabetical order) Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Incredibles, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Hellboy, Hulk, Kung Fu Hustle, The Lord of the Rings trillogy, The Matrix, Mirrormask, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Office Space, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, Shrek, Shrek 2, Sleepy Hollow, Spaceballs, Spider-Man 2, The Tripplets of Belleville, Underworld, War of the Worlds (2005), X-Men.

Instrument: None.

Do you like sports? Nay!! !

Family: Here's what I can say about my family. I'm one of the few people I know whose parents are still together.

Clothing: Yeah, this is kinda changing at the moment because I've finally started caring a bit about clothing, so I'm "enhancing my wardrobe" so to speak. I won't talk much about it.

How did you find this website? An old online friend of mine showed me it. Dunno what his sn here is.

Job: Student/novelist-wannabe.

Plans for the future? Finish second book, publish it (first book wasn't publish, needs to be rewritten), rewrite my vampire series while I'm in college, have films and games made out of books (and be very invovled to make sure they're GOOD)...

Any comments? Uh, nope, not at this point. ^.^