Page 355 of 358 [ 5724 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 352, 353, 354, 355, 356, 357, 358  Next

notSpock
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Jun 2023, 4:24 pm

Hobbies and Interests: ethics, history of philosophy, why people do the things they do, nature, archaeology, computer science, learning more about autism

Why are you here? recently self-diagnosed aspie

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): last week

Favorite subjects: see Hobbies and Interests

Year/Grade: B.A. 1980 with self-designed interdisciplinary major in sociology of knowledge; incomplete 2nd B.S. in computer engineering mid-90s

Favorite music: Have huge collections of underground/experimental; historical/ethnic; spacey/psychedelic; and obscure interesting metal.

Books: Also have huge collections in philosophy, archaeology, and computer science.

TV shows/Movies: My tastes in video are more for diversion. I can get hooked on all sorts of things, if I start watching them.

Instrument: Terrible at keyboards and guitar, but used to love to make noise. I have another big collection of 30- to 40-year-old synthesizer modules, and used to spend hours layering sounds.

Do you like sports? Generally hate all forms of competition and team activities. A bit of soccer in 6th and 7th grade. Hiking was my preferred exercise, but don't do much any more. For the last 20 years, outdoor work on my mountain property.

Family: There were some issues with my dad, but overall I feel extremely lucky to have had parents -- and to have two sisters -- with whom I feel very bonded.

Clothing: pretty apathetic about clothes

How did you find this website? link from Musings of an Aspie

Job: software engineer

Mr.pho
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Jul 2023, 11:20 pm

What is your first name: I don't like my name

Hobbies and Interests: yea I have a few

Why are you here: mum did it not me

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 3 yeers ago

Favorite subjects:music

Year/Grade:10/11

Favorite music: shush

Books: 80 of them

TV shows/Movies: Steven universe blue ray dvd

Instrument: deep voice

Do you like sports: no

Family: yes

Clothing: when I feel like it

How did you find this website: chat gpt

Job: not a Nightshift yet

Plans for the future: the nightshift

Any comments: one day

FCatus
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jul 2023, 11:21 pm

What is your first name?
Just call me FCatus. Short for Felis Catus, domestic cat. I like cats. You know that now.

Hobbies and Interests:
Reading, shooting (my dad's rifle), tinkering with digital and analog devices, occasional bit of maths, writing (fiction and poetry of subpar quality), listening to music.

Why are you here?
Googling a couple of issues I had with school life and came across this forum. Found its content extremely relatable after some stalking around threads.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):
Skip. Maybe I do have one--but if I do it still remains undiagnosed and lurking in the deep.

Favorite subjects:
Further Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, English. Depending on which era we're studying, History too. I like German solely due to my wonderful teacher.

Year/Grade:
I'll be in Year 11 when September arrives.

Favorite music:
I'm not picky on genres. From Soviet folk songs to Bob Dylan stuff to Progressive Rock. Just don't give me any of that "trendy" pop stuff! I'll vomit on the phone. Also, nothing sex-related.

Books:
Crime and Punishment, The Black Cat, The Raven (if that counts), Remembrance of Earth's Past trilogy, Beyond Good and Evil. Many more, but my brain began lagging. (Again.)

TV shows/Movies:
Star Wars (Especially CW & TCW, the films & TV series are alright), Hetalia

Instrument:
Proficient in none. Not harmful to the unprotected ear with a harmonica.

Do you like sports?
Not quite. Unless sports shooting and hunting counts?

Family:
A father, a mother, a white-and-tabby cat overlord Freddy. Massive extended family.

Clothing:
Generally darker colours in a formal style (so I hope, instead of appearing like an absolute derp), i.e dress pants and trech coats (Sighs from a short person. So little options.). Also cargo pants and t-shirt/flannels depending on weather. Often walks out of clothing shops lamenting how there's no girls' alternative for a certain piece of clothing--Like that lovely khaki polo shirt!

How did you find this website?
Googling for issues I encountered in school. Found extremely relatable answers to both this and other experiences.

Job: Student

Plans for the future?
The near future--prepping hard for the UKMT challenges, saving up for a Leupold scope.
The further future--Go to a top-of-the-line UK university. Either become a neurosurgeon or a chemical engineer, or something else. Not sure yet.
The even further future--Go to the US after I saved up enough. Settle in a rural state, get a big house and a yacht for bluewater sailing. Buy a whole shelf of good guns I can't get in Europe, a whole room of hardcover books I can't afford right now, and get a cat.
A boyfriend/girlfriend would be nice one day. If fate ever cross the paths of me and the person of my dreams--I'm not going to care if it's Romeo or Juliet. But that's of such a slim chance that I do not put any hope on it whatsoever.

Any comments?
I'm glad I found this place, as of now.

superechnik
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Jul 2023, 8:46 pm

What is your first name? Matthew

Hobbies and Interests: jazz music, tea, go/baduk, water, napping etc etc

Why are you here? i'm an older diagnosed person looking for others like me

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): unofficially last month, have official eval early August 2023

Favorite subjects: linguistics, go/baduk, judaism esp mysticism

Year/Grade: lol

Favorite music: jazz from the 1960's, also lots of jpop for working

Books: scifi and fantasy but only if the character count is small

TV shows/Movies: n/a

Instrument: was a jazz drummer also piano, guitar, bass some alto saxophone and trombone

Do you like sports? not at all

Family: wife and 5 year old daughter

Clothing: soft things, hoodies usually, no jeans

How did you find this website? helpful user on twitter

Job: software engineer

Plans for the future? to stop working as soon as possible it's torture

Any comments? i'm a happily married 43 year old. i suffered through 40 years of misdiagnosis and just recently was put on this path. i'd love to connect with other people in the same situation.

melissamarie73
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jul 2023, 6:46 am

What is your first name? Melissa

Hobbies and Interests:learning and increasing knowledge and self awareness, becoming more authentic

Why are you here? Just recently diagnosed with Aspergers and learning to unmask

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): March 2023

Favorite subjects:Neuroplasticity, polyvagal theory, PTSD effects on brain development, the effects of drugs and alcohol overuse to the brain

Year/Grade:

Favorite music:all types, just depends if i like the sound and rythym

Books:Non fiction

TV shows/Movies: Marvel Universe, all types of FBI, CIA, DOD, Black Ops. Lots of action.

Instrument: none

Do you like sports? no

Family: married with four daughters all grown two youngest are on the spectrum. 1 diagnosed at 4 years old (almost 21 now) and the other not diagnosed at her choice (she is 22 now) then a 36 year old ADHDer and another 22 year old neurotypical! AND... grandkids.

Clothing:t shirts and shorts, jeans in the winter NEVER LONG SLEEVE SHIRTS!

How did you find this website? Unmasking Autism book by Devon Price, PhD

Job: Service (volunteer work) with Narcotics Anonymous. I am a recovering addict!

Plans for the future? to become more authentic and comfortable in my own skin getting to know myself

Any comments?

Larkaloke
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Jul 2023, 6:28 pm

What is your first name?: Morgan
Hobbies and Interests: Roleplaying games, computer gaming, racing (karting and iRacing), reading, drawing, hiking, photography, historical martial arts for hobbies, and motorsport, hockey, metal music, dinosaurs, space, history for non-hobby interests.
Why are you here?: I wanted a place I could talk to other autistic people. There is a local support group but it meets horribly early in the morning, so I looked online instead. I like forums better anyway.
When were you diagnosed?: November of 2022, which is last year as I'm writing this.
Favorite music: (alphabetically) Alice Cooper, Avantasia, Black Sabbath, Blind Guardian, Blue Oyster Cult, David Bowie, Dead Kennedys, Demons and Wizards, Die Aerzte, Dio, Domine, Edguy, Evanescence, Gamma Ray, Ghost B.C., Hawkwind, Heaven & Hell, Helloween, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Kamelot, Kraftwerk, Megadeth, Nightwish, Primal Fear, Queen, Queensryche, Rainbow, Rammstein, Sabaton, Schandmaul, Seven Spires, Slough Feg, Stratovarius, Subway to Sally, Tierra Santa, Two Steps From Hell
Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Silmarillion, The Hobbit, the Chronicles of Corum, the Elric Saga, the Morgaine Cycle, the Foreigner series, the Dragonriders of Pern series, the Solar Queen series, Dune, the Wind in the Willows, the Tamir Triad, the Nightrunners series, the Imperial Radch trilogy, A Memory Called Empire, A Desolation Called Peace, the Obsidian and Blood trilogy, the Dominion of the Fallen books, the Cadfael Chronciles, the Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, the Dreamblood duology, the Inheritance trilogy (I'm probably forgetting some because I'm not looking at my bookshelf, but primarily sci-fi and fantasy)
TV shows/Movies: The Avengers, Danger Man/Secret Agent, Babylon 5, Mythbusters, Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, Danger Mouse for TV shows; The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension, Dr. Strangelove, Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal, Tron, Stargate, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, All The President's Men, Repo Man for movies
Instrument: I used to play the flute
Do you like sports?: Motorsport (F1, WEC, IndyCar, Formula E, F2, F3, Extreme E, IMSA) and hockey yes, others no
Family: Smallish; two moms, younger brother, uncle, three older cousins, one younger cousin (I don't see the uncle and cousins much)
Clothing: t-shirts and some kind of athletic pants usually in summer, switch to hoodies in winter
How did you find this website?: Online search
Job: Tech Manager at a local newspaper
Plans for the future?: Get my next webcomic up and running, finish some novels, sell some short stories
Any comments?: No

JamesW
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Jul 2023, 12:13 pm

JamesW wrote:
What is your first name? James

Hobbies and Interests: Poker, horse racing, writing, reading, football (soccer), computers, infosec

Why are you here? I'm autistic!

When were you diagnosed? Currently halfway through the formal ASD diagnostic process

Last week, after a 21-month process, I finally received my adult autism diagnosis. I am #ActuallyAutistic.

This is such a relief. Thanks all for being here.

There is a God.

Checkbox
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Aug 2023, 7:48 am

What is your first name?: [Human name in 4 letters]

Hobbies and Interests: I don’t want to share about my interests but you’ll find out. 

Why are you here?: I wanted a place where I could talk to other autistic people, a place when I could talk about depression and other issues. I have been diagnosed with autism and depression several years after.
When were you diagnosed?:
 Don’t remember for autism. But I was diagnosed with depression 4 years ago.
Favorite music: Kraftwerk. 

Books: Only books about my interests. But I read few books and more PDF because of issues to get focused. 

TV shows/Movies: None. 

Instrument: I used to play several instruments but I am bad so, none. 

Do you like sports?: No. 

Family: No family support, in conflict (having a father, a probably autistic mother, an autistic brother, a grand sister I don’t like and a little sister). 

Clothing: Depends. I have my moods. 

How did you find this website?: Online search.
Job: None. 

Plans for the future?: None. 

Any comments?: I am rather bad to get jokes, sarcasm and very sensitive to public humiliation, please, don’t be rude with me. Thank you for your patience.

LeoTheLion
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Aug 2023, 12:38 am

What is your first name? Bryan

Hobbies and Interests: I don't have a specific hobby, I enjoy spending time with my family.

Why are you here? I am trying to learn more about myself.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): this year

Favorite subjects: History/math

Year/Grade:

Favorite music: I vary between heavy metal, rage against the machine, and some rap from the early 00s.

Books: I haven't read a book recently, except some of the self help genre.

TV shows/Movies: Snatch

Instrument: NA

Do you like sports? I like football to an extent.

Family: I am married and I have 4 children.

Clothing: I enjoy soft clothing

How did you find this website? recommendation

Job: I am in a leadership position at a local company.

Plans for the future? to learn more about myself and become better at recognizing my needs as well as my wife and children.

Any comments? Hi. I am looking for friends to talk to about autism/ADHD. I find I have difficulty maintaining friendships and most of my friendships have been from years, if not decades ago.

snowblind
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Aug 2023, 11:35 pm

What is your first name? Snowblind (well not really)

Hobbies and Interests: Music, videogames, literature and art (anything dark and gothic)

Why are you here? Was hoping to find some friends, and I'm bored

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Aspergers at 17 yrs

Favorite subjects: Art probably

Year/Grade: not in school right now

Favorite music: Goth/post punk, (black) Metal, experimental, instrumental/classical, folk/blues, I really love most genres

Books: Currently reading Dune by Frank Herbert and White nights by Dostoevsky

TV shows/Movies: Only lovers left alive, Alien 1979, The thing, Anything by Jim Jarmusch or gothic

Instrument: Never got anything to stick

Do you like sports? No not really

Family: My cat

Clothing: Goth I guess, all black etc

How did you find this website? Searched for forums

Job: None right now

Plans for the future? Gather knowledge, read lots of books and create art..

Any comments? I'm looking for friends so if you find we have anything in common feel free to send me a message, I love finding new music so you can also send me a song recommendation : )

mistysprinkles
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Aug 2023, 8:22 pm

What is your first name? Shelly

Hobbies and Interests: Video games (especially zelda), dogs, going to the beach

Why are you here? Life is really hard when most people don't understand you so I wanted to find people who do!

When were you diagnosed? Aspergers at 19

Favorite subjects: History for sure

Year/Grade: Undergrad

Favorite music: Taylor Swift so much

Books: I don't read enough but want to :3

TV shows/Movies: I really love true crime. An example would be Making a Murderer

Instrument: Not that talented

Do you like sports? Yes mostly football

Family: Parents, brother and dogs

Clothing: I love dressing super girly, it's just one of my things

How did you find this website? Heard about it on reddit

Job: Part-time server

Plans for the future? Get my degree and do something in history!

Any comments? I'm always open to friends so message me if you wanna be one!!

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2023, 8:28 pm

Welcome Mistysprinkles ...hope you enjoy your visits here .. :D

where ever you go ,there you are

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2023, 9:08 pm

mistysprinkles wrote:
What is your first name? Shelly

Hobbies and Interests: Video games (especially zelda), dogs, going to the beach

Why are you here? Life is really hard when most people don't understand you so I wanted to find people who do!

When were you diagnosed? Aspergers at 19

Favorite subjects: History for sure

Year/Grade: Undergrad

Favorite music: Taylor Swift so much

Books: I don't read enough but want to :3

TV shows/Movies: I really love true crime. An example would be Making a Murderer

Instrument: Not that talented

Do you like sports? Yes mostly football

Family: Parents, brother and dogs

Clothing: I love dressing super girly, it's just one of my things

How did you find this website? Heard about it on reddit

Job: Part-time server

Plans for the future? Get my degree and do something in history!

Any comments? I'm always open to friends so message me if you wanna be one!!

Welcome to WP from a fellow Texan!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

elgat0verde
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Sep 2023, 10:07 pm

What is your first name? Ro

Hobbies and Interests: Music and videogames, comics although I'm very behind on them

Why are you here? I have felt lonely all my life, like an outsider in a normal world, just hoping to learn to socialize better

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): about a month ago

Favorite subjects: Music

Year/Grade: Bachelor's

Favorite music: ALL music from Cannibal Corpse to Daniel Johnston, Jeffrey Lewis, Harley Poe, Monolord, etc

Books: I don't read much but I enjoyed 8 weeks in a balloon

TV shows/Movies: Big Lebowski but I don't watch tv/movies much

Instrument: Vocals and acoustic guitar, I play bass too but no longer own one and really miss playing it

Do you like sports? No, they bore me

Family: I am a divorced dad

Clothing: jeans and a shirt/t-shirt, sneakers

How did you find this website? Google

Job: I am currently looking for a job, my last job was in customer service and it was a nightmare

Plans for the future? Move to a first world country so my kids can have a better future and more opportunities

Any comments? Just, hope to, you know not be too much for y'all

Clueless Girly
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Sep 2023, 2:55 pm

What is your first name?

Penelope

Bottom of the world

Hobbies and Interests:

God's and monsters (sea monsters in particular) and fairies. Princesses, dolls, soft toys. Nature, fishies and animals.

Why are you here?

Because I am lonely and isolated. Also just got banned from another forum for posting a butt plug with a tail and a ball gag on a "what would you wear on a blind date?" thread. People have no sense of humour...

Infancy, early infantile autism after my father tried to murder suicide me by force feeding me pills. I'm going for rediagnosis soon for funding for more support workers. I'll find out if I'm level 2 or 3 then... I'm somewhere on the borderline.

Favorite subjects:

Mythology (Greek), fairy tales, some philosophy

Year/Grade:

I left school at 15 without any qualifications. I'm an Autie, not some genius aspie.

Favorite music:

Lindsey Stirling, Chopin. I like violin and classical. I'm also a fan of Lana Del Rey, Billie Eilish, Halsey, Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears and Madonna

Books:

Most of Neil Gaimans fiction books/novels, his short stories and the sandman graphic novels. I can't read very well.

TV shows/Movies:

Gotham, Batman movies (and suicide squad/birds of prey). Seeking a friend for the end of the world (I like apocalypse/post apocalyptic romance/utopia/distopia type stuff). Sharknado series, doctor who, once upon a time, Disney [animated] movies and shows like Dexter

Instrument: Violin, though I no longer have one and I'm just a beginner

Do you like sports?

No, but I think it's adorable how excited men get over balls.

Family:

Emancipated at 15: So, no.

Clothing:

Longline black camisole, black leggings, black bikini briefs and socks sometimes grey, sometimes white, sometimes black... and a cardigan when I go out. This is my uniform.

I want to be more colourful though. I watch alot of cosplayers and ladies wearing period dresses and princess dresses. I would very much like to try that too.

Google

Job:

Been on disability my whole life... I've done work experience in a few kitchens, did a brief stint as an assistant baker. My first job was paper girl and then I worked at Burger King.

My best job description was holding a lollipop and moving the witches hats in Oz. That was directing traffic for my father's road crew.

Plans for the future?

I would like to find a man, get some lady friends to go out for tea with and I would like to get a job some day. There's a man I'm interested in but he lives in another country. He looks like Santa and he's so adorable :D

Any comments?

Be my friend?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2023, 3:26 pm

Clueless Girl wrote:
What is your first name?

Penelope

Bottom of the world

Hobbies and Interests:

God's and monsters (sea monsters in particular) and fairies. Princesses, dolls, soft toys. Nature, fishies and animals.

Why are you here?

Because I am lonely and isolated. Also just got banned from another forum for posting a butt plug with a tail and a ball gag on a "what would you wear on a blind date?" thread. People have no sense of humour...

Infancy, early infantile autism after my father tried to murder suicide me by force feeding me pills. I'm going for rediagnosis soon for funding for more support workers. I'll find out if I'm level 2 or 3 then... I'm somewhere on the borderline.

Favorite subjects:

Mythology (Greek), fairy tales, some philosophy

Year/Grade:

I left school at 15 without any qualifications. I'm an Autie, not some genius aspie.

Favorite music:

Lindsey Stirling, Chopin. I like violin and classical. I'm also a fan of Lana Del Rey, Billie Eilish, Halsey, Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears and Madonna

Books:

Most of Neil Gaimans fiction books/novels, his short stories and the sandman graphic novels. I can't read very well.

TV shows/Movies:

Gotham, Batman movies (and suicide squad/birds of prey). Seeking a friend for the end of the world (I like apocalypse/post apocalyptic romance/utopia/distopia type stuff). Sharknado series, doctor who, once upon a time, Disney [animated] movies and shows like Dexter

Instrument: Violin, though I no longer have one and I'm just a beginner

Do you like sports?

No, but I think it's adorable how excited men get over balls.

Family:

Emancipated at 15: So, no.

Clothing:

Longline black camisole, black leggings, black bikini briefs and socks sometimes grey, sometimes white, sometimes black... and a cardigan when I go out. This is my uniform.

I want to be more colourful though. I watch alot of cosplayers and ladies wearing period dresses and princess dresses. I would very much like to try that too.

Google

Job:

Been on disability my whole life... I've done work experience in a few kitchens, did a brief stint as an assistant baker. My first job was paper girl and then I worked at Burger King.

My best job description was holding a lollipop and moving the witches hats in Oz. That was directing traffic for my father's road crew.

Plans for the future?

I would like to find a man, get some lady friends to go out for tea with and I would like to get a job some day. There's a man I'm interested in but he lives in another country. He looks like Santa and he's so adorable :D

Any comments?

Be my friend?

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!