Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

fablebird
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Jan 2015, 9:12 am

Hello everyone, I just signed up. I'm Rae, and I've been professionally diagnosed with ASD but only recently was told my diagnosis and found this site.
I hope to make some new friends and vent! I'm super friendly and nice, so please talk to me.
What is your name and what are you like? What are you diagnosed with?
:mrgreen:

bearded1
Raven
Raven

30 Jan 2015, 9:21 am

Hello. I am Greg. About 3 months ago I was diagnosed with ASD. In the past I was diagnosed with bipolar and BPD but never had an accurate diagnoses. Found this site recently as well and really have some good posts out here. Welcome.

byakuugan
Raven
Raven

30 Jan 2015, 9:32 am

Hello, I'm Mike. I was diagnosed at age 14, am 24 now and have been untreated since then. I dislike eye contact and dislike the touch of humans; I enjoy the touch of animals, specifically: dogs, cats, and horses/ponies.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 1:56 pm

Hey Rae welcome. :sunny:

My name is Dean. I was diagnosed with ASD (aspergers) just last September. I like playing video games and listening to music.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 3:38 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

I was diagnosed with "regular" Autism when I was 4, but re-diagnosed with Aspergers when I was 13.

TheBraveSirRobin
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Feb 2015, 11:52 pm

I was diagnosed with Asperger's when I was 12 or so, and before that I was diagnosed with ADHD, but the symptoms of that were then reconsidered to be an expression of my Asperger's. Between now and then, I have suffered from depression, social anxiety, avoidant personality disorder and a light form of PTSD. I never had an official diagnoses for any of those, but I highly doubt that the emotional and psychological issues that I suffered in my teenage years were anything else. Anyways, I once considered getting a re-diagnosis a year ago but it was only for the sake of being able to have an adult diagnosis for a program I could be administered to at a college I'm not enrolled in anymore. Although my social skills, among other things, have improved greatly since my childhood, I still feel that I have Asperger's. I am obsessed with learning about things and finding patterns, I constantly fiddle with random doodads (clicking pens, snapping metal buttons together, twisting the knobs on the equipment in my school's lab, etc), and I have obsessive tendencies with all of my interests and hobbies. Those are hardly the only things that characterize how I am not quite like other people, but I'd rather not be unnecessarily superfluous for what should be simple introduction thread reply.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 7:06 pm

whoa hey there, your thread got spammed a bit...i've removed it though.

welcome to the club, rae! 8) my real name is a secret, known to only a select few, but most others here call me kip. i was diagnosed with 'autism' in 2001.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2015, 7:08 pm

I'm Allison and I'm also 16. I like reading and writing, and I'm super interested in autism and other neurological disorders. I was diagnosed with Asperger's when I was 7.