Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jun 2015, 1:42 am

Hello my name is Michael, I'm from England ,I'm 19 years old and was diagnosed with AS 1 year ago and it has helped explain so much to me about myself.

After a misdiagnosis of ADHD when I was younger I never really got the real kind of support I needed and ended up not doing so well in school because of the stress of being in busy classrooms but I am currently working towards getting into collage.

I really enjoy music and can play piano, guitar and bass and am planning on getting a violin too although I can't play one yet, I also love physics, astrophysics in particular, I just find the clockwork nature of the cosmos fascinating.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2015, 1:02 pm

Hello, Michael, welcome to WP!

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2015, 2:25 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2015, 3:58 pm

Hey Michael welcome. :sunny:

Crazyfool
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jun 2015, 4:41 pm

Hey bud, welcome! I Know what you mean about classrooms being tough. I've learned probabaly 100x more on
my own than I ever picked up in school.

I'm also interested in physics too, but I struggle with the mathematics end of it all. All I want is to be able crack the code behind our existance and provide some kind of tangible explanation for this life.

Are interested in consciousness at all?

Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jun 2015, 5:43 pm

Consciousness is a strange thing because it is the part of your body that is you, and yet there is no single cause of consciousness.

The most mysterious part of humanity is consciousness and yet that is the part that is really you.

I think about things like that all of the time and have had moments where I feel like I have a hightend sense of consciousness where everything seems to slow down and feel small and insignificant, it often happens when I'm in a car looking across the sky over an area with wide open views of a large area or watching a thunderstorm.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2015, 5:54 pm

Welcome, Michael!

Why do you think you were MISdiagnosed with ADHD? I'm asking because it is quite common to have BOTH.....

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2015, 5:54 pm

I think you would enjoy Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jun 2015, 7:58 pm

I think that I was misdiagnosed with ADHD because when I was younger my teachers in the schools knew I was different because I used to get angry at other students all of the time and never took part in group activities, and they all pointed to it being ADHD because there were others in the school that had ADHD and everyone at the time just assumed I was the same, I think the school and doctors were just looking for an easy way to explain my behavior.

Also I don't show many symptoms of ADHD I'm am almost never hyperactive although when I'm nervous I get really bad shakes which could seem like I'm having trouble sitting still or concentrating.