The Dino-Aspie Ex-Café (for Those 40+... or feeling creaky)

Page 816 of 1006 [ 16088 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 813, 814, 815, 816, 817, 818, 819 ... 1006  Next

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2008, 12:39 pm

Aren't they always? :wink: :wink:

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Dec 2008, 3:42 pm

It is not just Spam but the persistence of Spam that fortifies the post count.....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjqZ0aIAgFM[/youtube]

blessedmom
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2008, 4:05 pm

Spam...... My father recently learned that Spam will last 100 years if kept unopened. He went and bought a can. So.... I had to ask if he planned on living long enough to verify that information. No, apparently, his plan is to pass the can of Spam down to me, who will pass it on to my oldest son, who will pass it on to......... and so on.........

My family may never have a huge fortune to pass on, BUT we do have Spam. :lol:

SleepyDragon
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2008, 3:16 am

Lurking. :)

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Dec 2008, 6:05 pm

Lurking and stimming as usual.....Image

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2008, 10:28 pm

I was thinking over my time since I have 'known' about being Aspergers'. My once brave and defiant stories have been looked at by my now 'knowing' eyes. My parents, once thought of as people just doing their best with an odd and challenging child I now see as criminally negligent. My brother and the love I had for my uncle were shown to me as being inappropriate at least and seductive at worst. My highflown stories of derring do turn into but hare brained schemes seen in the perception of a autistic and when shown in the truth of light, I was not such a marvel at all. Just another slob on the bus, tryin' to make my way home.

gee thanks! I think I was better off not knowing.

Merle

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2008, 10:56 pm

"Criminal negligence" on the part of your parents would have required that they have the opportunity to know just what was odd about you - just knowing that you weren't like the other kids didn't give them enough data. Add in the fact that, from your descriptions, they might well have both been on the spectrum themselves, and while I do have to agree that they were somewhat negligent, the sum total absolves them of true culpability, in my opinion.

Your highflown tales are indeed derring-do, which derring would never have been did had you known who you were - had you known "better". And would your life have been the richer, had you lived more safely? ("Smart", in life choices, is often in the eye of the beholder. No, the freeway incidents were probably not your finest hour - but you learned from them, did you not?)

Looked at from a "normal" perspective, my life has been one long sequence of wrong choices. Yet there are only a few that I would change, I think - even being with Torri for a time contributed to who I am today, although I think in retrospect that I should not have married her.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2008, 11:36 pm

I must have not made myself clear.

I am talking about how being DXed (from my first recognition to now) has changed

MY WAY OF THINKING

about my past. That is the only thing that has changed. I looked back and saw roses among the thorns, but having the psychologist telling me I was mistaken, that those roses I saw among the thorns were simply rose shaped thorns, and not roses at all. . . that is what I miss, is seeing myself much differently than now I do.

Merle

Chuck
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 3:00 am

Merle! I found your lost glasses! :D (it was in my crammed room, the "black hole" of the lost stuff of the universe. Sorry! :oops: ) :
No wonder you feel so out of sorts! And they tried to fit you with a normal pair?! >tsk tsk<
Obviously the wrong pair for viewing your life. Everything's gonna be ALL "right" now! ...erm, "left". And sorta swirly.
But definitely beautiful! :D

Luvs yas!
Chuck

nannarob
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 3:09 am

I've only read this page but it has the same zaniness and openess of the past. Yahoo!

Blessesmom, I had my friend photograph her beautiful statuette of a flute player. I wonder where the photo is??? Chuck! The black hole?

I think there must be some chronic learning disability that is so prevalent among NT's that it goes unnoticed by the "experts". Krex

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Dec 2008, 11:22 am

Quote:
quote="Chuck"

Err...excuse me, but I think those are my glasses. I remember quite clearly, they were sitting atop the piano in 1972. I went into the kitchen to get a cup of coffee and when I came back in 2007 they were gone. They mysteriously disappeared....just like that. All these years I have been thinking Jose Feliciano took them. :shrug:

nannarob
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 4:42 pm

:D :D :D

I think there must be some chronic learning disability that is so prevalent among NT's that it goes unnoticed by the "experts". Krex

SleepyDragon
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 8:53 pm

Keep an eye on your letterbox, Robyn; there's a parcel on its way. :)

Merle, the truth is always better than the illusion. Water lilies grow in mud. (Though, having said this, I'd still very much like to have my own pair of "Chuck's Special"™ Kaleido-Glasses... :D )

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 9:55 pm

Chuck wrote:
Merle! I found your lost glasses! :D (it was in my crammed room, the "black hole" of the lost stuff of the universe. Sorry! :oops: ) :
No wonder you feel so out of sorts! And they tried to fit you with a normal pair?! >tsk tsk<
Obviously the wrong pair for viewing your life. Everything's gonna be ALL "right" now! ...erm, "left". And sorta swirly.
But definitely beautiful! :D

Luvs yas!
Chuck

so THAT's were I left them! I swiped them off a piano decades ago and didn't even notice they were gone until you mentioned them!

Lovs yas, too
Merle

Chuck
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2008, 5:04 am

Robyn! :D Carol! :D So good to see you two again! Hope you've been well!

Chuck
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2008, 6:46 am

Well, now... ...today seems strangely significant for some reason... ....hmmm?! :?
:idea: 8O Perhaps if I connect the ideas swirling my mind I can grasp their meaning:

Image Sixty comes to mind - what clue is this?!

...and this clue - what could this mean?:

...and obtusely:

...and this mathematical montage seems to be saying "Ox", a variant of "posies", "dimhop", and "Lau"... ....hmmmm... :?
(...perhaps someone's secret beer formula! :D Ox must mean "draft", and therefore "draught"; posies may indicate a nice aroma, and therefore indicating that the beer be served at room temperature; Dim - a character from A Clockwork Orange - perhaps indicating a mixture of "the old knifey moloko" , and the ususal hops. But what is this "Lau" :?: :

...and what the heck is this memory?: Image

...this fellow seems to have something
to do with this collage...:
Image ...if these "silly bits" are added: Image

This all seems to be related to an event 60 years ago, in which a Bythunian storkbot accidentally dropped a bagged blue vacuum cleaner (rather than the expected "hatchling") down its appointed chimney. Unwilling to admit its error, the storkbot raised the "hatchling", then hid evidence of its misdeed on an island of planet earth...:

I'm coming up with... nothing.
Will have to do more thinking on this.

Last edited by Chuck on 04 Dec 2008, 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.