Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Are you more socially adept or more of a loner?
Poll ended at 20 Jan 2017, 12:33 am
A. I'm socially adept with many friends. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B. My social skills are good for an aspie and I have a few good friends. 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
C. I'm a loner because I want to be and only connect with specific people. 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
D. I'm a loner because I don't fit in well, but still would like to make new friends. 75%  75%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 8

Srs
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Jul 2016, 12:33 am

Hi I am a semi-young adult looking to meet new people. I am love to read, watch Netflix, go for walks with friends, go out to eat, and window shop. I am an honest and sincere person. Unlike some people I've met, I'm not putting myself out there for sex or to gain your trust so I can rob you. I'm extremely cautious and I've learned the hard way about wolves in sheeps clothing. I've wised up enormously and honestly, I really do wish there was another planet I belonged to, that this was just a miserable detour.

I've progressed substantially since childhood regarding my social deficits. (Being an NT doesn't mean you possess social skills.) I like people who know the right balance between sharing information about themselves and sincerely listening to the other person. I do not like one-uppers (people who have to just outdo your story with an even MORE outrageous one of their own, or an even more tragic sob story. Life is not a contest. There is no unit of measurement. I want to get to know people who I can be friends with and have fun with and eventually, hopefully trust.

I don't manipulate people (not a skill I have anyway). I ABHOR stealing or invasions of privacy. I don't mooch or allow it to happen to me. I guess the gist of what I'm trying to say, is that I don't get my jollies by hurting people, in any way. I'm not going to borrow somethi and not give it back, I'm not going to go through your phone or your stuff behind your back. I'm not going to start any rumors, contact your family, or simply antagonize you when we hang out. I say all this because it is behavior I do not tolerate. I am a grown woman. I have hobbies, friends, family, employment, and goals. If you get to know me you will find an honest, take-no-nonsense caring individual.

I know I've rambled a bit but oh well. I hope to meet some people like me, who simply want enjoyable companionship and friendship with no agenda or ulterior motives. And if your on here solely to meet the opposite sex, I would suggest a dating site. Or at least make that clear from the outset, because you waste people's time when they think they're getting a new friend, but your plan is to walk away if you can't get in their pants.

I'm looking to meet potential new friends of either gender, fat, skinny, ugly, pretty, short, tall, geeky, nerdy, funny, serious, open, reserved. I say geeky/nerdy because I think when when we all let our real selves show through, we're all a little awkward at heart.

And no offense intended AT ALL, but please message me only if you are not a republican and not voting for Donald Trump. Political issues are best to avoid when getting to know people, but for me personally this would wind up being a problem no matter what. Again, no offense intended, but I have the right to state my preferences and it also helps ensure that YOU do not waste YOUR time.

Hope to hear back. All the best, Srs

randomeu
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2016, 7:53 am

welcome

if you don't mind me asking, if you are an NT then what do you hope to gain from this website? not that im trying to say "your NT, ew leave" im just curious as we all have our reasons. i think you will possibly like the people here because of the whole "wolf in sheeps clothing" thing, people here (including myself) are a lot more honest and direct (im certainly considered as very....blunt).

personally im here because this is the only place i seem to actually fit in, as im a kind of.....obvious autistic person (but luckily for fitting in purpose im more on the aspergers/high functioning side), people can tell theres something off usually so i often just feel alienated.

i answered the bottom one on the poll, because well its true.

oh also, woop, my 300th post has arrived here

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 174 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 30 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Officially diagnosed 30th june 2017

alex
Developer
Developer

24 Jul 2016, 1:44 pm

Welcome! 8)

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2016, 2:25 pm

Hey Srs welcome. :sunny:

TheAP