Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

headphones
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 May 2007, 11:00 pm

Hi,
Just wanted to say, "hullo" from an NT who has a background in a family full of psychologists, as well as an NT who is dating an Aspie and has/has had long term friendships with Aspies. I just want you all to know that there are those of us out there who do care and who do try to understand your lives.

TruenoBlues
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2007, 11:51 pm

Welcome to WP!

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2007, 11:58 pm

Finally, a positive NT thread for once!

I've never really had any problems with NTs. The kids I typically got harrassed by were mainly ADHD and stuff like that. Plus nearly all my friends are NT as well and they don't see me as being any different than anyone else. Plus they're the most understanding about things as well, they're not blunt like most Aspies, and the list goes on. I don't care what some people think, but I think NTs are excellent people. :)

TruenoBlues
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 12:01 am

Lightning88 wrote:
Finally, a positive NT thread for once!

I've never really had any problems with NTs. The kids I typically got harrassed by were mainly ADHD and stuff like that. Plus nearly all my friends are NT as well and they don't see me as being any different than anyone else. Plus they're the most understanding about things as well, they're not blunt like most Aspies, and the list goes on. I don't care what some people think, but I think NTs are excellent people. :)

Same here. I act more like an NT than most NTs too!

foxman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 May 2007, 12:14 am

Hi1 I like NTs...all my friends are NTs...I actually don't know any aspies in person...

foxman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 May 2007, 12:33 am

Hi! I like NTs...all my friends are NTs...I actually don't know any aspies in person...

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 12:45 am

The people at my school are NT and most of them are very kind to me. :) Welcome to WP!

nannarob
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 12:48 am

What a relief. I always state that I am NT when the discussion needs to know, but I sometimes feel a bit vulnerable. Love this place. Feel more at home with all the going 0ns than in RW

I think there must be some chronic learning disability that is so prevalent among NT's that it goes unnoticed by the "experts". Krex

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 1:10 am

nannarob wrote:
...but I sometimes feel a bit vulnerable...

Welcome to my world.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 1:29 am

Welcome to WP!

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Runaway
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 May 2007, 2:35 pm

headphones wrote:
Hi,
Just wanted to say, "hullo" from an NT who has a background in a family full of psychologists, as well as an NT who is dating an Aspie and has/has had long term friendships with Aspies. I just want you all to know that there are those of us out there who do care and who do try to understand your lives.

Hello,

What is an NT though ? Have heard on the boards here number of times. Not to turn this into laughing matter. The only thing reminds me of "NT" is a Windows version of the OS. It makes no sense for it to have any ties to the OS. :D <friendly grin>

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 2:41 pm

Runaway wrote:
Hello,

What is an NT though ? Have heard on the boards here number of times. Not to turn this into laughing matter. The only thing reminds me of "NT" is a Windows version of the OS. It makes no sense for it to have any ties to the OS. :D <friendly grin>

"NT" is an abbreviation for "neurotypical", or a person with normal neuroanatomy (a "normal" person). However, there's also a running gag in the AS community that the reason Windows 2000 sucks so bad is right there in the splash screen - "Based on NT Technology"... :)

Runaway
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 May 2007, 3:07 pm

DeaconBlues wrote:
Runaway wrote:
Hello,

"NT" is an abbreviation for "neurotypical", or a person with normal neuroanatomy (a "normal" person). However, there's also a running gag in the AS community that the reason Windows 2000 sucks so bad is right there in the splash screen - "Based on NT Technology"... :)

Thanks, found this post to be both insightful and with a sense of humor. <friendly chuckels away on the Windows NT comment> :-)

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 4:01 pm

NTs, like everyone else, there are good ones and bad ones and everything in between. My (excellent) parents are NTs, the only friend I have is an NT and I've had brilliant and awful (sometimes both) experiences with NTs. All my friends and all my bullies have been NTs. You're right, some do care and try to understand.
I imagine the same is true for aspies, though i've only met one in person.

El hombre es una bestia famélica, envidiosa e insaciable. (Francisco Tario)

I'm male by the way (yes, I know my avatar is misleading).

Runaway
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 May 2007, 4:33 pm

headphones wrote:
Hi,

pbcoll wrote:
NTs, like everyone else, there are good ones and bad ones and everything in between. My (excellent) parents are NTs, the only friend I have is an NT and I've had brilliant and awful (sometimes both) experiences with NTs. All my friends and all my bullies have been NTs. You're right, some do care and try to understand.
I imagine the same is true for aspies, though i've only met one in person.

pbcoll wrote:
1. NTs, like everyone else, there are good ones and bad ones and everything in between.
2. I imagine the same is true for aspies, though i've only met one in person.

My take on this, guess another way to put it is no basis exist whether the individual is an "NT" or "not." Since it has to do more with the individuals character (personality). Who they are as a person rather than just what word defines the individual.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 9:07 pm

I would agree with the poster who said that the greatest harassment came from people who wouldn't have been called NT by most standards. The biggest bullies were usually some of the dumbest and meanest people in school. Many of these people wound up in trouble with the law and at least one I know died in prison.