Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Radayam
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jan 2017, 10:34 pm

My mother insisted that I join this community, so here I am...

My name is Adam Reh, age 22. I am a student at Riverside Community College and will be transferring to Cal. State San Bernadino this fall. I have ADHD and OCD, but I was only recently diagnosed with Asperger's(around my senior year of high school if I recall).

My main interests are video games(no prefered genre, but I dislike "realistic" games like Call of Duty) and YouTube(favorite channels in no particular order: Retsupurae, TheRunawayGuys, vinesauce, JonTron, Jerma985). I own a Wii-U and PS4.

That's all I can think of for now.

Just as a heads up, I can be slow to reply to messages.

Hippygoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jan 2017, 1:18 pm

Welcome. :)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2017, 5:10 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2017, 5:20 pm

Nice anagramized user name! It takes a special talent to come up with good anagrams. :)

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

AllDaXP
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jan 2017, 5:32 pm

Radayam wrote:

My name is Adam Reh, age 22. I am a student at Riverside Community College and will be transferring to Cal. State San Bernadino this fall. I have ADHD and OCD, but I was only recently diagnosed with Asperger's(around my senior year of high school if I recall).

My main interests are video games(no prefered genre, but I dislike "realistic" games like Call of Duty) and YouTube(favorite channels in no particular order: Retsupurae, TheRunawayGuys, vinesauce, JonTron, Jerma985). I own a Wii-U and PS4.

Hello Adam. You can let your mother know that you simply have an excess ratio of neurons/glial cells. Sugar is for the brain, carbs/protein are for the body, and (meditation/silence/an existing neural pathway/gaming) is the natural progression of learning.

FreakyZettairyouiki
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Jan 2017, 12:10 pm

Radayam wrote:

Welcome. My mom also suggested I look online for other aspies to talk to. That's why I'm here.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 11:36 am

Hi Radayam!

I am also slow to get back to people. It drives my family crazy.

Your mom gave you some great advice when she told you to log on here. Wrong Planet has a number of different forums, and they aren't all about Autism/Asperger's issues. Since you are interested in computer games, check out the computer and games forums here. When you need help with Autism/Asperger's problems, you can post here at WP for help, or read posts from others with similar problems to see what they have tried for solutions.

As for contact with others here, you can get as involved as you want, or keep contact light, and you can hang out here as often, or as little as you want. There is no frequency requirement. Occasionally, I have been "away" for several months, but have come back when I was able, and my contact mostly involves reading posts from others, sometimes posting replies, and occasionally making a new post of my own.

Hope you like WP--I do! :D