Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

mf1438
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Feb 2017, 9:16 am

I was reading up on Asperger Syndrome in Wikipedia and it mentioned Wrong Planet, so now I'm here. I'm an old married man and I like to develop relationship online because in real life I have challenges with social interaction. It seems like I'm always saying the wrong thing and the wrong time and making people uncomfortable. I took the Aspie quiz and come up with a neurodiverse score of 106 our of 200 and a neurotypical score of 115 out of 200, so I seem to have both neurodiver and neurotypical traits.

I've been spending a lot of time lately with a passion for NLP (neuro linguistic programming) and neuro plasticity. I believe I can reprogram my emotional brain to be more functional. I'm making progress, but it slow going. Mainly because nobody I talk to IRL seems to have a clue as to what I'm talking about. My counselor can understand me and it helps, but I can't keep going to counseling forever. I'm looking for a support system, a group of like minded people. Maybe they are here. That's why I'm here. We'll see what happens.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 5:10 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 1:32 am

Hi there.

Hippygoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Mar 2017, 8:12 am

Hello, welcome. :)

Studio Ghibli Otaku
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Location: Isle of Barra, Outer Hebrides, Scotland, United Kingdom

13 Mar 2017, 5:21 am

Hello, there,
I joined only this morning. Already posting and corresponding with Aspies on the "Adults with Asperger's Syndome group on facebook. My mother tells me she is already on this site.
Really want to talk with other Aspies and Neurotypicals.