Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

b72s2JFK
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Jun 2007, 8:21 pm

Its been a while since I have been online. I am curious where can I go to get a professional diagnose? I know I have almost every classic symptoms pointing to AS. Being clumsy as I am, Im amazed I can still work in the job im in, but feel terribly awkward socially. I get annoyed at people telling me to try methods to becoming more socially likable. It sucks more as a gay
transvestite. Another whole topic.
Im in the JFK area once again and will be needing to find another apartment in Forest Hills, Kew Gardens or Elmhurst. God I wish I could live in Chelsea, SOHO or Greenwhich village. Heart is more than willing but wallet isnt.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 8:27 pm

Welcome back to WP!

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

AussieBoy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2007, 4:09 am

Could you contact your local autism society and find out if they can recommend anyone in particular?

Could you try a psychiatrist for diagnosis?

Good luck!

Smelena
Cure Neurotypicals Now!
Cure Neurotypicals Now!

03 Jun 2007, 4:12 am

AussieBoy wrote:
Could you contact your local autism society and find out if they can recommend anyone in particular?

Could you try a psychiatrist for diagnosis?

Good luck!

Whoops, I was logged in as AussieBoy (I'm his Mum) - that was my post.

Smelena

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2007, 8:21 am

I am.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2007, 3:48 pm

b72s2JFK wrote:
Its been a while since I have been online. I am curious where can I go to get a professional diagnose? I know I have almost every classic symptoms pointing to AS. Being clumsy as I am, Im amazed I can still work in the job im in, but feel terribly awkward socially. I get annoyed at people telling me to try methods to becoming more socially likable. It sucks more as a gay
transvestite. Another whole topic.
Im in the JFK area once again and will be needing to find another apartment in Forest Hills, Kew Gardens or Elmhurst. God I wish I could live in Chelsea, SOHO or Greenwhich village. Heart is more than willing but wallet isnt.

B72s2JFK, good news!!
I lived on 13th Street between 6th and 7th Ave which is RIGHT on the Chelsea/Greenwich Village border at the John and Mary Markle Evangeline Residence for Women. 16 stories of women only, a room with adjoining bath, laundry on every other floor, dining in the undercroft as part of the RENT! it was about 800.00 a month when I lived there 10 years ago and that was pretty affordable. I loved it.

Merle