Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Photograph 51
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Mar 2018, 11:04 am

I'm not sure what I am supposed to say in this introduction. I have been lurking on this board for a long time with out posting (it's hard for me to be sociable enough to post.) I am supposedly high functioning, although I struggle constantly with basics like remaining verbal and dealing with the overwhelming amount of noise that is everywhere.

I am a student doing a research study on experiences of people who have tried to get an autism diagnosis as adults. Participating only involves filling out one questionnaire. If you are interested, please contact me at [email protected]. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2018, 12:00 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

Buc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Mar 2018, 12:29 pm

I've never done an introduction.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2018, 9:32 pm

Welcome to WP! :D

JoeNavy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Mar 2018, 11:29 am

Hello Photograph 51,
Don't worry I have been a member for about a year or so and have made less than 50 posts. In your signature you included the email address for a study you are doing. I will shoot you an email. I just got my neuropsychological eval results today after nearly 2 years of trying. Even this is kind of strange though. The Dr. never asked me or anyone who knows me about repeated behaviors or obsessive interests but included their lack in my write-up. Yet I am somewhat obsessive about history, particularly military history and I have been pacing and picking at my skin for as long as I can remember. I am a disabled vet and I am wondering if it is something they are afraid to track because of the current policies regarding people on the spectrum and military entry.
The diagnosis was ADHD and dysgraphia even though dysgraphia does not fit with reality either because a hallmark of dysgraphia is poor spelling and I am a two-time spelling bee champion. I originally went into it thinking that it was a problem with my processing speed, which was finally confirmed, and either HFA or dyspraxia. My wife wants to speak to the Dr. to let her know about some of the problems she has observed and perhaps get a questionnaire to fill out with her observations over the last 26 years. Evidently, this is not yet over.