Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

dkrave
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Jun 2018, 6:46 am

Hi,
I'm new on here. I made a note to myself that I would join a support group as soon as possible.
I have been living with some memories that confuse the heck out of me. Finally when a friend of mine said that he might have HFA, a little light went on in my head and got me thinking about it.
So... after watching a few videos and taking online tests and also reading allot... I'm pretty certain that I have Asperger's.
Its the only thing that makes any sense out of my childhood and memories. I'm 60 years old and just now coming to grips with what makes me tick.
I read a few of your forum posts regarding where to start and what I can and cannot post. I figured I'll just jump in here and put my best foot forward.
I have an appointment with a therapist who will be trying EMDR on me. I have a pretty high level of depression and anxiety at the moment.
I'm not sure where to go next and not even sure this is the right forum to start off. Can anyone please direct me to the next place I should be going?
Need help.
Thanks in Advance.

As one would imagine I'm not good with forums or social interaction. Please bear with me.

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 7:51 am

Welcome dkrave!

Hope the EMDR does something for you.

Good luck!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 9:40 am

Welcome, fellow Texan!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 10:32 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2018, 6:56 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet. I just figured out the aspie connection about six months ago at age 63. I was worried at first that this would all be young kids, but many here have been around for quite a few decades. Hope you find here what you are looking for.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2018, 10:26 am

Welcome. I had to look up the abbreviation EDMR. According to Wikipedia, EDMR is Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) is a form of psychotherapy in which the person being treated is asked to recall distressing images while generating one of several types of bilateral sensory input, such as side-to-side eye movements or hand tapping.[1] It is included in several guidelines for the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

From my own experience many of the negative traits exhibited by Aspies are due to FEAR. Therefore I suspect that any treatment that can successfully treat PTSD might be very beneficial. So let me know from your perspective, whether this treatment helps you.