Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

AdamPenning10
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Dec 2018, 11:55 pm

Hello, everyone! My name is Adam Pennington. I have Asperger's syndrome and dyscalculia. I also have problems with stigmatism and hypertension, but that's a little off subject. I'm 29-years-old and have moved out of my parents house. I have a good paying job, a reliable source of transportation and currently renting a place of my own with a roommate. I'm looking for new life skills that would make living with AS easier. I'm open for discussion and if you have any suggestions, please leave comment. I would like to hear from you. :)

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 12:07 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet.

Dyscalculia is a new word for me so I looked it up. Dyscalculia is a specific learning disability in math. Kids with dyscalculia may have difficulty understanding number-related concepts or using symbols or functions needed for success in mathematics.

I am probably the polar opposite to this condition. How does it affect you. Are you able function by using a calculator? Are you able to understand other numerical systems like Roman Numerals.

I like collecting old books. Generally the date of a book is expressed by Roman Numerals. What I found interesting is that when an old book is written in Latin, the date is not expressed by Roman Numerals but rather the common digital system.

Last edited by jimmy m on 05 Dec 2018, 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 Dec 2018, 12:12 am

Welcome to our planet. You should enjoy the temperate climate and we hope the citizens make you comfortable. Have a long and happy stay!

Good to hear it's going OK with you and you can enjoy some independence.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 3:12 am

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 3:17 am

welcome to wp. most of us have something in addition to being autistic. we make do as we do)

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 11:39 am

AdamPenning10 wrote:
Hello, everyone! My name is Adam Pennington. I have Asperger's syndrome and dyscalculia. I also have problems with stigmatism and hypertension, but that's a little off subject. I'm 29-years-old and have moved out of my parents house. I have a good paying job, a reliable source of transportation and currently renting a place of my own with a roommate. I'm looking for new life skills that would make living with AS easier. I'm open for discussion and if you have any suggestions, please leave comment. I would like to hear from you. :)

I have people in my family with all of those conditions except dyscalculia. GAD basically is supposed to work like this Ask people for advice on your problems and in return give people advice on problems you can help with. but It also can turn into debating quite often.
Edit: I'd also like to add i have a similiar condition called dysgraphia.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 1:53 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 2:39 pm

Pieplup wrote:
I have a similiar condition called dysgraphia.

Dysgraphia is a learning disability that affects handwriting and fine motor skills. It interferes with spelling, word spacing, and the general ability to put thoughts on paper. It makes the process of writing laboriously slow, with a product that is often impossible to read. When the act of forming letters requires so much effort that a child forgets what he wanted to say in the first place, it’s not surprising that children with dysgraphia often hate to write, and resist doing so.

DystopianShadows
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2018, 2:37 am

Welcome, Adam! :)

Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?"

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2018, 1:42 pm

Hello Adam and welcome to wrongplanet may you find all that you seek here in a comfortable environment

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2018, 3:28 pm

jimmy m wrote:
Pieplup wrote:
I have a similiar condition called dysgraphia.

Dysgraphia is a learning disability that affects handwriting and fine motor skills. It interferes with spelling, word spacing, and the general ability to put thoughts on paper. It makes the process of writing laboriously slow, with a product that is often impossible to read. When the act of forming letters requires so much effort that a child forgets what he wanted to say in the first place, it’s not surprising that children with dysgraphia often hate to write, and resist doing so.

Believe me ik. I'm just saying it's similiar cause it's underlooked and isn't well known. It's always overshadowed by dyslexia. But thanks for clarifying. I'd also like to add there is multiple types of dysgraphia.
I have the dyslexic kind.

DystopianShadows
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2018, 11:59 pm

Good to meet you. Welcome!

Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?"

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2018, 12:13 am

HI