Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Studebacher_Hoch
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Nov 2019, 4:11 am

Heya, my name is Tucker and I'm a 20 year old guy living in Illinois. I was diagnosed with Aspergers in 6th grade, and somewhere along the line Anxiety Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I'm quite familiar with computers but I have never really used a forum in this format. I've used chats like Discord but not for anything autism related. I have a hard time meeting new people sometimes. It feels embarrassing to seek others to talk to, especially others like me, for whatever reason...

My interests are music (composing, arranging, transcribing, performing on Trombone and *some* piano), video games (design, sound design, voice acting, just playing the them), and some coding. I mostly write chiptune music but sometimes do a variety of other things I'm not quite sure how to fit into a genre... electronic experimental I suppose. My current musical obsession is Frank Zappa- been listening to him quite a bit for the past few months, just got a post of him. As for video games, I mostly like indie games (like The Binding of Isaac, Nuclear Throne, Risk of Rain, etc.) but not much super popular games like Call of Duty. My current game obsession is Overwatch, though.

I live with my two mothers, and my brother is in and out. I volunteer at the hospital and play in the community band in the summer- I don't have a job currently but I'm applying as of tonight. We have three dogs and their yapping and mess drives me nuts but I love them to death. I'm currently doing a few online gen ed classes for a community college.

I'm here to meet like-minded people who see the world similarly to me. Most definitely looking for friends, especially if they are close in proximity- I know nothing about romantic relationships and such so I'm not sure what to say on that (maybe that's something I can ask about?). My mother told me about this site when I was much younger and I've never been comfortable enough to even seek it out. I'm trying now, though.

Future plans are just to get my stuff together. I'm 20 years old and live with my parents, don't know how to drive, don't have a job, only 1 local friend, never had a significant other. I'd love some independence and self sustainability and to be able to help others achieve their goals as well.

If you have any questions for me, I'd be glad to answer.

AugustD
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Nov 2019, 4:45 am

Hi Tucker, welcome to WrongPlanet from a fellow newbie. I've been here only a couple of days, so I kind of know your feelings.

Your nickname is intriguing: there are German aspects to it, which I can't pinpoint.

Although there is an entire generation between you and me, we share a lot.

Please feel welcome.

August

cactusman
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Nov 2019, 12:19 pm

Hi Tucker and welcome!

I remember as a kid a long time ago one field trip some guy played "Catholic Girls" and "Yellow Snow" from Frank Zappa nearly continuously on a boombox. It was a little terrifying as that was pretty racy for the day especially for someone who just played "Switched on Bach" over and over.

I love chiptune music, tried to set up and old gameboy to make music but never got very far!

My daughter and I are pretty obsessed with Overwatch too. I am a Lucio/Tracer/Orisa main, although I play mystery heroes a lot as then I don't feel bad if I lose. Well, feel less bad...

Cheers and welcome!

--Basho (translated)

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2019, 2:27 pm

Hello.

Sir Sensealot

09 Nov 2019, 2:57 pm

Hi Studebacher_Hoch. Welcome. By chance I was listening to "my guitar wants to kill your mama" from Frank Zappa performed live by Jimmy Webb a minute ago. I never listened to his music before though.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2019, 3:20 pm

Hi and welcome Tucker :) ! Good to have you with us.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2019, 3:35 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet.

Eternal_Enigma

10 Nov 2019, 4:25 pm

What's up dude and welcome. What language do you like to code in?

Peta
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Nov 2019, 9:18 pm

Hello from Peta.

I older than you but we have much in common together I think
I still live with mum and not drive and never had real job or boyfriend
I'm scared of everything especially everything grown up
I hope you find independence

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran