Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Count Numa
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Feb 2022, 10:39 am

I got recently a diagnostic with high functioning autism at age 32. I had no idea I could be inside the spectrum but for the first time of my life I got completely alone with no family, friends and my only relationship broke up and I got completely lost and having too much freedom threw me into a process of change where everything that was weird with me got amplified.

And everything makes sense now... why I was so bullied in the past and last pick, why stuff like yogurt disgusts me so badly, why people dont form any romantic connection with me, why everybody thinks that I am serious when I am kidding, why I speak stupid words to myself when no one is watching, why nobody is into stuff that I am, why anxiety completely took control of my life to the point of somatization to acid reflux, etc... list goes on.

Last year was a year of change:
I used to be a good programmer and suddenly I start being unable to focus on work and started disliking capitalism, accepting that I dont want to try to be like other guys and become non binary, felt guilty by eating meat and became a vegan, accepting that I am asexual.

Specific interests of mine:
* Looking to cities through google maps to see where the old roads cross it
* Collecting many headphones because I want to hear music through different perspectives
* Collect vinyls of Atmospheric gothic / doom metal bands
* Going to abandoned or creepy places and take pictures of them
* Try as many combinations of herbal teas as possible
* Play indie 2D games that have some form of art into them (Celeste, Ori, Spelunky 2, Cuphead...)

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2022, 11:55 am

Hello and welcome
:D

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2022, 2:42 pm

Welcome to WP! I hope you like it here.

I also welcomed my diagnosis. It did explain so much.

And, oh, I also worked in computers (I retired in 2011 and really like being retired!). Sometimes the job did get old. I suspect you are probably still a good programmer but you might need a change. Maybe stick to the programming but change something about the programming you are doing? (A different part of the project, or a different part of the organization, or a different language, or—if absolutely necessary—a different organization.)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2022, 4:47 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2022, 7:43 am

welcome! I use google maps to locate geological formations where I go hunting for rocks and fossils. What did we ever do without it? Glad you are with us.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson