Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

GoLd3N
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Aug 2022, 10:47 pm

Greetings,

I'm diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, otherwise dictioned as "high-functioning autism".. the "high-functioning" part I must disagree with, in regards to personal self-care and awareness, because I'm anything but.

This is a "hello/newb/get to know me" post; also expressing my current predicament in understanding of what the f**k it is that I'm going through, in hopes that others can relate and provide feedback.

Changes, in perspective. My masking abilities are unattainable, broken and erased from memory, having lost them to the post-covid "lock-down", hyper-polarized, politicized, weaponized, hyper-vigilant, violent and paranoid world that I see myself stuck in today.

Diagnosed at beginning of the viral & social pandemics of societies' 2020s... I made it by, this far; I made it through.. but, now I'm empty.. nothing left to give to others, much less towards myself, but I try.

Family loves me at a distance, these days... friends are cold to my reaching out to them.. the silent indifference expressed through others is deafening and excruciatingly painful. Sure, I can at times handle bullying, harassment and threats from "neighbors", whom see my oddball-natured self as a "danger" to them and their families, as the gossip reigns behind my walls of silence..

Communal apartment living, during my first attempt at "living alone" and "adulting" with family and community support; to my new place of residence, it's as if I'm an anomaly that requires social exclusion and punishment for being "strange", "weird", "creepy", although sure I'm eccentric.. but not everything they assume.. creating this ridiculous and asinine narrative of their own making..

I've done nothing wrong, aside that I keep to myself at extremes, assisted by rehashed agoraphobia, a few loud melt-downs here and there; fueled by new and old traumas alike; of which I'd experienced and overcame slightly... before, during, and after covid-lockdown, as new (yet old) forms of worldly social unrest began to wreck havoc on the human condition, given the new factions created of "us vs them"..

Given this new world of disorganized contempt and revitalized prejudice... it seems that my autistic traits attracts only further suspicion and gossip from strangers; perpetuating further chosen isolation, eventually; inducing delusion, blended in with current reality.

Perhaps it's specific only to local the culture of where I live, but regardless.. This existence is tiring and I wish people would learn to bug-off and leave me be; to resolve my misery in peace; unless, they are of good intention, which based on my past history of interacting with those outside from myself, seems scarce...

People are cruel and I get it... that they've always been, since the dawn of man.. but it doesn't lesson the heat in my kitchen, an inferno burning up all that of which that I hold dear...

My sanity, my struggle to realign with the cruelty of others, whilst implementing methods taught by well-meaning souls to "Be Strong"... but it's not enough..

So here I am, introducing myself and hoping to make some good friends, that I can relate with, at best and carry on good conversation, at worst..

Sure, there are more autism communities out there more up-to-date-& "hip" social platforms, but nothing beats the nostalgia of an old-school, type of social forum.

Anyhow, that's all and :) Hello.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 6:54 am

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 7:06 am

Welcome! I hope you enjoy WP!

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 10:03 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet. It sounds like you are in the right place. Let's see if I can pass on some good advice.

The human body will store stress energy until it
- either vents stress
- or reaches a breaking point of overload where we go into a meltdown.

Therefore the best approach is to vent your stress.

Well that is a good idea. How do I do this?

Certain types of extreme exercise will allow you to vent stress. Normal exercise will provide only minimal release. It take a severe exercise. But it doesn't have to be very long. A few minutes, if you can manage it several times should do the trick. Think of a 50 yard dash. It will take all your built up energy and put it in the trash can. And then you are good to go.

But the problem is that most Aspies are not very athletic. I know I am not. That is why most Aspies experience meltdowns more than NTs. It is because we tend to avoid exercise like the plague.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 4:13 pm

Welcome to WP! I hope you enjoy it frequently.

I agree that, in general, people are not pleasant company but I hope you find the company here tolerable. I have two recommendations, though:
1. If a discussion gets unpleasant just leave that thread, not the whole planet.
2. Remember you are not the only Autistic here. Try to be gentle with us.

And, again, Welcome!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 12:55 pm

Willkomen :mrgreen:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2022, 4:16 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 7:12 am

welcome, so much of your story seems familiar! You are among other who understand and many will relate, glad you are with us! ( I was diagnosed at age 68 in 2019) so much of life makes better sense once we know and begin to understand about autism. This is a good group with lots of nice friendly folks. I am sure you will enjoy it.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

GoLd3N
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Oct 2022, 6:47 pm

Thank you all, for your warm welcomes.

I reciprocate the same high-frequencied vibes, kindly towards your responses.

It truly comforting and nice to know that I'm in with a decent group of fellow autists whom can relate and understand the struggles, complications and setbacks faced trying to navigate this hell-hole of an existence with sh***y people irl.

I plan to take refuge here, and hopefully devolve into some productive discussion both light-hearted, serious, and trivial; establishing some comradery.