People Think I'm Weird.. Is Anyone The Same? :?

Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

reika
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Aug 2007, 8:21 pm

Roger Bannister the runner? The guy who broke the 4 min. mile? (I read about him in World Books People to Know when I was a kid. ) ha ha I really did read everything I could lay my hands on. :D

If only closed minds came with closed mouths. Lau: "But where would they put their feet?" Postpaleo: "Up their ass."

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2007, 5:41 am

You are an ordinary person, just like everyone else, but only here.

jess162k7
Toucan
Toucan

20 Aug 2007, 8:58 am

thx1138 wrote:
I invented weird 8)

lmao!

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2007, 2:32 pm

Your not the only one. ;)

Us Aspies and our idiosyncrasies are not appreciated by NTs and we just get labelled weird and ret*d.

You've come to the right place to seek such advice. :D

webster
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Aug 2007, 3:11 pm

if someone says you are weird then that just shows that there the ones who are different

jess162k7
Toucan
Toucan

21 Aug 2007, 1:34 pm

webster wrote:
if someone says you are weird then that just shows that there the ones who are different

yeah i suppose

The_New_Writer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Aug 2007, 8:07 pm

Being wierd's normal. But then again what is normal these days? We all have those wierd quirks that make life a little interesting and we can't hide them forever. I was always picked on for being the smart kid in class and always asked to have my paper copied by other kids! Even though I don't get picked on anymore, I like to maintain my level of "weirdness" because we all have it.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

22 Aug 2007, 10:44 pm

When I was at High-school, people used to call me "The girl who doesn't talk".
Then it moved on to things like weird, different, strange, mental (I laughed at that one hehe^^), looney, smart and plenty more.
But weird was definately the most commonly used word for others to describe myself.

michel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 2:06 am

I've always felt like a misfit, and I still do.
I'm a closet nerd.
Also, I don't mind going to movies or a restaurant by myself, it's just so much easier and more spontaneous, and people find that weird too.

Remnant
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 9:10 pm

People find it weird that someone goes to the movies or restaurant by himself? That's weird.

greatballzofire
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Aug 2007, 5:07 pm

Have you ever taken a good long look at the human race? If some beings from another planet came here, they would likely say," What are all those weird creatures? They put forth more effort to insure the end of their species through war and environmental distruction than they put into cooperation and tolerance!"

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2007, 5:42 pm

<----weird

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

dm-jp
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Aug 2007, 6:47 pm

You might often find that Wierd or Different is in fact a blessing from the creator.

It's our ticket to higher echelons of human diversity, where creativity, intelligence and skepticism are well-rewarded.

Think freely, think outside the box...the rest is just background radiation (and that's only important to know where you come from and what some of your limits are...but not to know where you're going).

Dee_
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Sep 2007, 7:38 pm

I am called 'wierd', 'eccentric' and the sorts.

I rather be a one IN a million than one OF a million.

It is like I can be my own, without being expected to conform... Well, if they think I am wierd, all that means is that I am obviously not striving to be like everyone else...

Anyways it is a matter of perception. My perception of normal is different than those who say what normal or what abnormal is.

I am being myself, thus to myself, this is normal. I am normal because I am being true to myself and being myself.

To try to be like someone else, or to be like some standard that you're not, like living up to expecations of what is normal and expected in society, is that really normal or is it abnormal?

Let them think that I am wierd or eccentric, but I am not the one having to try to be something I am not, but rather I am just being myself... Life is much easier this way...

SpaceStace
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Sep 2007, 11:55 am

I usually get that I'm "... different", with that nice pause before it like they're trying to think of a nice way to put it. That's by those who don't like me.

Those who like me say things more like, "that's Stacy" - still with no words to adequately describe how I'm not like the others - making my name into the word to describe me.

aspie7120

23 Sep 2007, 2:40 pm

I am often described as ''quirky''. :D