Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

EntropicExplorer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Feb 2024, 6:01 pm

Hey Everyone!

I'm excited to join this community and share a bit about myself, along with a recent transformative experience, in the form of an introductory AMA.

I'm a 39-year-old Australian male, diagnosed with ASD Level 1 at 37. Alongside ASD, I navigate life with a mix of comorbidities, including PTSD, ADHD, GAD, Depression, and hyperarousal issues. I'm also a married father of two wonderful sons, both of whom are on the spectrum (Level 2).

Recently, driven by a sense of desperation and my tendency to hyperfocus, I embarked on a journey I never thought I'd consider. I participated in a 3-week, 6-session psilocybin treatment program aimed at alleviating the symptoms associated with my comorbid conditions.

The outcomes have been incredibly positive, to say the least. Rather than listing all the benefits I've perceived, I'm here to open up a dialogue. I invite you to ask me any questions about my experience. Whether you're curious about specific aspects of the therapy, how it might relate to challenges you're facing, or anything else, I'm here to share insights and hopefully provide helpful responses.

Mods: If this post doesn't align with the forum's guidelines, please feel free to remove it and reach out to me directly.

Hokulea
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Feb 2024, 7:20 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet.

EntropicExplorer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Feb 2024, 8:48 pm

Hokulea wrote:
Welcome to Wrong Planet.

Thank you!

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2024, 9:01 pm

welcome

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2024, 6:06 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2024, 7:43 am

welcome! glad you are with us

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2024, 9:58 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet.

You wrote that you were experimenting with psilocybin treatment. I am not familiar with that treatment so I looked it up.

The Johns Hopkins Center for Psychedelic and Consciousness Research is leading the way in exploring innovative treatments using psilocybin. The molecular structure of psilocybin, a naturally occurring psychedelic compound found in 'magic mushrooms,' allows it to penetrate the central nervous system.

So you are experimenting with Magic Mushrooms.

Digging a little deeper:

Psilocybin or magic mushrooms are naturally occurring and are consumed for their hallucinogenic effects. They are psychedelic drugs, which means they can affect all the senses, altering a person’s thinking, sense of time and emotions. Psychedelics can cause a person to hallucinate, seeing or hearing things that do not exist or are distorted.

The effects of magic mushrooms usually begin in 30 minutes when eaten, or within 5–10 minutes when taken as a soup or tea and can last approximately four to six hours. During this time, the person may experience:
-- euphoria and wellbeing
-- change in consciousness, mood, thought and perception (commonly called a trip)
-- dilation of pupils
-- perceptual changes, such as visual and auditory hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that aren’t there, or are distorted)
-- stomach discomfort and nausea
-- headaches
-- fast or irregular heartbeat
-- increased body temperature
-- breathing quickly
-- vomiting
-- facial flushes, sweating and chills.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2024, 6:37 pm

Welcome to WP :salut: