Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2005, 7:00 pm

I can now offically say that I'm clinically depressed! Woo-hoo, I hate everything! :D

I haven't been dx'd, but everyone knows the symptoms: moody, don't like what you used to, sad, lonely, and other many wonderful feelings!! ! :P

So not only am I starting to find life boring, I'm lonely as hell. I hope you all enjoy depresion as much as I do, I think it's terrific. All the sadness and anger bottling up until you cry yourself to sleep at the end of the day. The lovely feeling of hate for all your fellow man.

Yep, I'm glad I've finally gotten into the full swing of this depression thing. I was starting to think I might bounce back and get happy. :wink: Glad I can be sad, why don't you all join me?

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2005, 8:08 pm

Sarcastic_Name wrote:
I can now offically say that I'm clinically depressed! Woo-hoo, I hate everything! :D

I haven't been dx'd, but everyone knows the symptoms: moody, don't like what you used to, sad, lonely, and other many wonderful feelings!! ! :P

So not only am I starting to find life boring, I'm lonely as hell. I hope you all enjoy depresion as much as I do, I think it's terrific. All the sadness and anger bottling up until you cry yourself to sleep at the end of the day. The lovely feeling of hate for all your fellow man.

Yep, I'm glad I've finally gotten into the full swing of this depression thing. I was starting to think I might bounce back and get happy. :wink: Glad I can be sad, why don't you all join me?

Sorry, I'm too busy being anal-retentive and obsessive-compusive. I'll get back to you on the depression when my anxiety stops ruling over me.

I'm sorry you're going through this. Crying can be cathartic; if you have to, bawl. That's all I can offer in the way of advice. Take care of yourself.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2005, 9:44 pm

Thanks, I'm so used to going through this every year that I can sort of joke about it. It was just so much easier last year than it is this year.

spacemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2005, 10:38 pm

I understand what if feels like to be really deppressed, and feel like you have no control over it at all. But you can still exercise control over your mind. It's not easy when you are in the middle of it all, but as you learn coping strategies, to avoid too much worrying and negative thoughts, then you can begin to apply them as the depression begins.
This has a feedback effect.
Just as the negative thoughts feedback and create more negative thoughts, the positive thoughts can create more positive thoughts.

I know very well that this is easier said than done, but this is what has helped me.
Hope you feel better soon.

Musical_Lottie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2005, 10:48 am

*check*
*check*
*check*

Yup, I know the feeling. I kind of just let it ride its course - I don't think there was any particular thing that got me out of it; I think it just went away after a bit. But you know you can come here and have a moan if you feel like it :) And yes, do cry when you need to.

yealc
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2005, 10:57 am

Sarcastic_Name wrote:
Glad I can be sad, why don't you all join me?

OK, I will or more accurately I have. ;)

Y

"I never could get the hang of Thursdays"

jb814
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Sep 2005, 4:23 pm

Stop.... before I get homesick.