Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

pinkywinky
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 May 2008, 5:55 am

Hello, i am ture - i made a new account because i wanted to use the same nick on the forum and on the irc channel..

[¹]

Why are you here?
I found WrongPlanet roughly 6 months ago and have been reading here since then.
I didn't register until recently because I was unsure whether I would be diagnosed with Asperger's or not.
I honestly don't know why I'm here.. I guess that I'm looking for support or help from other diagnosed people how to cope with everyday life. At the same time, I think I want to know what I can expect of my future, if Asperger's will continue to burden me the way it currently does.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):
My mom contaced the local youth psychiatry in May 2007, because of suspected Asperger Syndrome, and from August the same year I started seeing a social worker [unsure how I should translate his occupation]. Paralell with the aspie investigation I was diagnosed with depression and social phobia and started medication with sertraline.
I was diagnosed with ADD and Asperger's Syndrome in early April.

Favorite subjects:
All subjects which give me a chance to think and analyze on my own, history in particular. I also enjoy learning new languages, I used to enjoy english lessons, but in my new school I'm not challenged enough (I go to a normal class Rolling Eyes )

Year/Grade:
Depending on how you count it's either the 10th or 11th, I am however re-taking this year - first, because I'm changing to an Asperger class, but also because (in Sweden we choose a specific school program where we focus on specific subjects) I have come to the conclusion that the program I chose doesn't appeal to me.

Favorite music:
Pretty much everything, but especially music from mid-60s to mid-70s. The ones I like the most are Jimi Hendrix and Queens of the Stone Age.

Books:
I haven't read too many books so I'm afraid I don't have a favorite, if any it would be "The Catcher In the Rye" mainly because it gives the reader the possibility to interprate the story rather than having it presented to you.

TV shows/Movies:
I tend to like movies where the main characters either are or become insane, mindbender movies, where you get to interpret the story on your own. Apocalypse Now Redux is perhaps the movie I like the most.

Instrument:
Self-taught guitarist - been playing for a year. I'm not bad, but not very good either.

Family:
..yes[¹]

Clothing:
Whatever I'm comfortable, don't care too much about fashion but I try to avoid around looking like an idiot..

How did you find this website?
Googled for "asperger online community"

Plans for the future?
Yes, but I'm not confident enough to tell, besides I realise that they're ridiculous and completly unrealistic.

[¹] I don't feel like giving away enough to identify me as I feel that I'd be crippled by the fact that what I write here could be read by people from that know me. I wish to stay anonymous.. at least a bit..

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2008, 7:59 am

Nice to meet you, pinkywinky. :) 8)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2008, 9:26 am

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

richie