Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

EvilEyeV36
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 May 2008, 11:02 am

Yo. Pleased to meet everyone. I'm NT, but I've studied psychology since I was 11 and I'm interested in the various autism spectrum disorders (particularly aspergers syndrome) and their implications on thought processes and the human experience.

And after all, when it comes to learning those sorts of things, I've always figured the best way is to actually work with those who spend their lives dealing with it.

(sorry if i sound a little pretentious there. Honestly, I'm a really informal mothafucka deep down haha)

Peace

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2008, 11:06 am

Nice to meet you, EvilEyeV36. :) 8)

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2008, 11:13 am

Aspies are no different from you except we lack social skills and graces and don't mind being alone.

EvilEyeV36
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 May 2008, 11:17 am

I agree with that... but that's just the external symptoms. I guess what I'm doing is more of a philosophical thing than anything else. What interests me is the underlying perspective behind the symptoms you listed... that, and chatting with new people online can be kinda fun...

5thelement
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 May 2008, 11:23 am

hi - pleased to meet you ,

I'm actually quite into studying 'nt's ( when it doesn't wierd me out - no offence)

well, I guess you already know your 'homework' - but yes, if you want to know something then it's best to get it from the horses mouth - slight warning and again no offence but a lot of us ( by this I mean non 'nt' s of all types - well, we often feel like lab rats when faced with 'investigators'.

Do you have particular area of study though? - I mean something particularly specific,

5th element

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2008, 12:13 pm

Just don't ask us to write your research papers for you. Oh, hi!

autism
Toucan
Toucan

26 May 2008, 12:21 pm

Hello.
Welcome to WrongPlanet.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2008, 1:27 pm

Woah... You're the same age as me, but when I read your post I thought you were, like, in college or something. 8O

Anyway... Welcome to WP!

Rainbow-Squirrel
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2008, 4:26 pm

Hi, nice to meet you, I majored in psychology but all of my research about AS was not university related.

Anyway, welcome to WP ! :jester:

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 May 2008, 5:00 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

Alaspi
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2008, 5:34 pm

EvilEyeV36 wrote:
Yo. Pleased to meet everyone. I'm NT, but I've studied psychology since I was 11 and I'm interested in the various autism spectrum disorders (particularly aspergers syndrome) and their implications on thought processes and the human experience.

And after all, when it comes to learning those sorts of things, I've always figured the best way is to actually work with those who spend their lives dealing with it.

(sorry if i sound a little pretentious there. Honestly, I'm a really informal f**** deep down haha)

Peace

LOL PEACE!! !

Hugging is natural, organic, naturally sweet, free of pesticides and preservatives. Hugging contains no artificial ingredients. It's 100% wholesome. No calories, no caffeine, no nicotine.

trotz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 May 2008, 8:58 am

Hello, EvilEyeV36.

In addition to being socially challenged and wanting to be alone, we like to pay attention to detail and get fussy about preciseness. We also don't (at least I don't) like multi-tasking or being interrupted. I can only handle one thing at a time and can't comprehend two things at once.

Also (at least with my experience) bad habits that you don't realize can develop from being alone so much. I have to be careful not to do certain things among others that I can get away with easily by myself. It can be a problem if your sensitive like me!

Welcome to WP.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 9:43 am

Hi!

Welcome to Wrongplanet!

I hope you enjoy posting here!

EvilEyeV36
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 May 2008, 2:08 pm

5thelement wrote:
hi - pleased to meet you ,

I'm actually quite into studying 'nt's ( when it doesn't wierd me out - no offence)

well, I guess you already know your 'homework' - but yes, if you want to know something then it's best to get it from the horses mouth - slight warning and again no offence but a lot of us ( by this I mean non 'nt' s of all types - well, we often feel like lab rats when faced with 'investigators'.

Do you have particular area of study though? - I mean something particularly specific,

5th element

Don't worry, trust me, the whole point of this is sort of anti-lab rat. And for whoever asked me about the research paper thing, (lol) this is just sort of a lark I'm chasing... I'm a 17 year old underachieving high school student. Sorry if im not quite as good as expressing myself... a load of vodka does that HAHA! And as for whoever was talking about studying NTs, WORD UP!! ! Good way to look at things.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 11:45 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

autism
Toucan
Toucan

31 May 2008, 9:12 pm

Hi.
Welcome to WrongPlanet.
Enjoy posting here.

The only thing I got was the error message because I have to reboot my best friend sometimes.

I have two cousins and a younger sibling who have Asperger Syndrome.