Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

midnightcitysky
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Jan 2009, 1:41 pm

I'm not exactly 100% sure I'm an aspie, I mean I did take the AQ test and scored a 34. I'm just trying to figure out what's up with myself, and this seems like the best place to do so save for seeing a psych, which is woefully expensive.

my friends have stated I lack empathy, have little to no understanding or interest in normal courtship rituals, but that could just be due to marked indifference and a severe case of impatience. supposedly I'm very aloof, controlled and distant to people, and always appear to be brooding on a subject. I chalk it up to my having a figurative stick up my bum. I will learn everything there is to know about a subject that interests me, and enjoy talking about it at length. I always misread cues thrown at my direction, be they body language, tone, or facial expressions.

I always figured my awkwardness was due to my upbringing and love of comics and whatnot. and being a bit of a "robot" as one of my best friends likes to call me, especially when I'm going on about my views towards relationships. so basically this is my odd and somewhat off-putting way of saying hello, though not intentional.

Aspiegirl2001
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 2:23 pm

Welcome to wp :oops:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 2:53 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 Jan 2009, 5:25 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

Aspiegirl2001
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 5:28 pm

Welcome to wp

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 5:51 pm

Welcome aboard Wrong Planet, midnightcitysky.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 9:31 pm

Nice to meet you, midnightcitysky. :) 8)

Cool Zack Avatar.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 9:59 pm

Welcome to WP!

Dollypony
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2009, 9:02 am

Welcome^^

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2009, 7:35 pm

Welcome in your own right you are as everyone is born as an unique individual and have every right to be just that.

Discovering if your on the autism spectrum, if you have AS can take a while and I often feel people are there own best judges, but it can take a while... to be honest the biggest misconceptions of people being on the autism spectrum is that we are all the same, we are not... in fact can be very diverse and different. So its not a matter of a simply check list, I wasn't diagnosed with any think until in my late 40s, I have many co morbid, associated conditions. Autism is the center, the differently minded part, as for diagnosis.. I feel its best before thinking about being diagnosed, write down as much information as you can will really help, back to when you were a child. As we get older we learn to change and adapt, does not mean we do not still have those differences, do what your doing now research and read as much as you can and then decide, if you feel you are I always say its best to know for sure before being diagnosed, as its not about the label, its about true identity.

Some things you can do, list, criteria ands test:
AS Symtoms (Full Official Criteria) and take the AQ Test:
http://asplanet.info/index.php?option=c ... &Itemid=63

Some threads on asplanet forum (but many also on Wrong Planet read and re-read..which may help you start your own journey:
ADULT Characteristics ASD http://asplanet.info/forum/index.php?top...
My list of Characteristics of Children to Adolescences AS symptoms
http://asplanet.info/forum/index.php?top...