Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2009, 5:59 pm

BobTheMartian wrote:
Well, everyone else who's replied here has already driven the point home, so there isn't a whole lot I can add, but more assurances can't hurt. You'll be among friends here; this is a very accepting community. After all, most of the people have either been through or are currently dealing with very similar problems to your own. We understand the kinds of things you're going through, and because of that you can rest assured that people will make sure you know it.

Everyone is uncertain of themselves at some time or another. As has been said before, you don't have to worry about that. Tons of people here have massive social phobias, which puts you on a level playing field at worst, and actually gives you a mutual understanding and a way to connect with others at best. Even those who don't have them still understand them, and furthermore care enough to actually make an effort to include you.

As for feeling at home, well... What do you feel so far? ;) Just put yourself out there; there are those that will notice even if it doesn't always seem that way. All of us around here are still unique, but we're all alike in the ways that truly matter; that will make all the difference towards feeling understood.

Thanks a lot for your input, for me there cant be too much of aussurances in opinions and thoughts so all is welcome!
By logic I have of course ended up at the right place, and I like it here and feel it has potential to be a new internet addiction for me to hang around.
So far so good 8)

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2009, 6:02 pm

lelia wrote:
Weird is good unless you are nasty or have to criticize every little thing.

Phew! then I can relax as neither of those two apply to me, so I guess Im a "good weirdo" :) and that is true, you would notice by time :wink:

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2009, 2:12 am

Welcome to WP :wink:

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2009, 6:11 am

*Gives xalepax a long friend-hug*

Silvervarg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2009, 7:46 am

xalepax wrote:
Kenjuudo wrote:
By the way its named ASPergers with an P, not an B :wink:
Thanks! As I am a sworn perfectionist, I went along and fixed them all. :oops:

Accually, that's more difficult (especially if you've only heard the name) for us from the north, we have (I guess it's in norwegian too) a word that's "berg" (mountain). And is use in rather frequent in lastnames. :)

Just som unnecessary info. :lol:

Last edited by Silvervarg on 10 Mar 2009, 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2009, 8:01 am

Silvervarg: You are right! That's why I was writing it with a B. :)

I was trying to find the etymological meaning of "berg", but it seems there is none defined... :cry:

Silvervarg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2009, 10:11 am

Kenjuudo wrote:
I was trying to find the etymological meaning of "berg", but it seems there is none defined... :cry:

That should mean that it's one of the older words. (Supported by the fact that we both use it.) The Germans allsow uses "berg" so it's possible that "perg" means "berg", the pronouncing is after all very similar.

(I'm allso interested in etymologi.) :D

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2009, 10:38 am

Cool! :)

Silvervarg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2009, 11:32 am

Kenjuudo wrote:
Cool! :)

I know, and you just killed that convercation. :lol:
(Or would have. ^^)

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2009, 11:42 am

Oops! Not my intention! :)

But I meant it, etymology is fun.

Silvervarg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2009, 12:17 pm

Kenjuudo wrote:
Oops! Not my intention! :)

But I meant it, etymology is fun.

luckely for you I have a thread defibrilator (spelling?). :)

Yepp it is, I especially like to observe the germaninan language branchs influence in modern language. :D

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2009, 5:52 pm

MR_BOGAN wrote:
Welcome to WP :wink:

Thank you, Your welcomming is appreciated!

Kenjuudo wrote:
*Gives xalepax a long friend-hug*

??! 8O Now I will bring on a really true Aspergermanner in myself with giving coments on this,
you can take my words with a bit of humour (only because you dont know me) but I rarely joke, I speak very directly and what I say is my honest reaction :wink:

1: I wonder why, what makes you want to give me a hug?

2: If it was IRL I would emediately sneese you off as I dont like a stranger to touch me at all

3: it doesnt make sense to me as we dont know each other

4: But I do understand the friendly approach with such a phrase, so I say thank you as I know its not dangerous :lol:

Last edited by xalepax on 10 Mar 2009, 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2009, 6:02 pm

Silvervarg wrote:
Accually, that's more difficult (especially if you've only heard the name) for us from the north, we have (I guess it's in norwegian too) a word that's "berg" (mountain). And is use in rather frequent in lastnames. :)

Just som unnecessary info. :lol:

Right,thats an intersting ASPect of it all, I didnt think that far that you can express "Asperger" diffrently depending where you from. I have seen people spelling it as "Asspurgers" somewhere. Is that american and does it mean something special or beeing an aspie in a special way... (whatever that means??)
Someone has even said Aschberger, and I have also seen Asperger

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2009, 6:04 pm

xalepax: Yeah, it was completely random. I'm sorry. But it didn't hurt did it? ;)

I just wanted a hug and your thread was the closest one, so I chose you. No hard feelings? :)

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2009, 6:09 pm

Kenjuudo: Dont worry about it and dont be sorry. Its certainly no hard feelings!
I think I just relate too much if it was for real because then I would really react as above.
But this is internet and I take it as random as you thought it, so it didnt hurt :wink:

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2009, 6:16 pm

and now Im starting to see a kind of pattern in this birdtheme we all get when entering this forum.

You change name along you change state on the forum depending on how much you write and how often.

In cronological order:

1: Emu Egg
2: Butterfly
3: Hummingbird
4:Yellow-bellied woodpecker
5:Pileated woodpecker

and then in the middle of everything I see others like "Mysterious dirty dancer" and "ghost in the machine"
and other more creative descriptions of the user, so Im glad I wont stay a bird forever 8)