Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

personas
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Apr 2009, 5:15 pm

My name's Catie and I'm new here. I haven't been diagnosed with Asperger's or Autism or… anything because my parents refuse to take me to get evaluated when I complain to them that I don't act like everyone else—"normally", I guess you would say.

I don't think I have Autism, but I'm pretty sure about Asperger's. I have many of the signs, I took the "test" online and was told that I am most like an Aspie, and… I don't know what else to say about that.

I tried looking for more information on this fact, but is toe-walking prevalent in kids with Asperger's? I know it is for Autism, but I was wondering about Asperger's. I've been walking on my toes for all of my 16 years of living… I also tend to rock back and forth when standing/sitting if I'm "excited" or just because it feels comfortable. I think those are also physical signs?

I could list more things that I do that are symptoms, but the list would be too long and I'm hungry. Oh, I'm a girl by the way.

Nice meeting you all.

Fookaz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Apr 2009, 5:43 pm

Hello Catie, I'm new too! You know what you know, and what feels right to you probably is. Parents sometimes do not want to accept their child is different, so go with your own feelings and ideas. How you walk is you being you. I have been diagnosed only recently, but I always knew I am "different", or as I like to think, just being me. Welcome. :fish:

personas
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Apr 2009, 6:23 pm

Fookaz wrote:
Hello Catie, I'm new too! You know what you know, and what feels right to you probably is. Parents sometimes do not want to accept their child is different, so go with your own feelings and ideas. How you walk is you being you. I have been diagnosed only recently, but I always knew I am "different", or as I like to think, just being me. Welcome. :fish:

I just think I'm being me as well, but everyone thinks I'm a loner… which I guess I am, but still. Oh well. I work faster and more efficiently when I'm alone anyways.

Thank you for replying to my post, and thank you for your words. I hope that we both like it here and that we converse in the future.

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2009, 6:42 pm

Welcome, new-citizen Catie, to the Wrong Planet community.

personas
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Apr 2009, 6:47 pm

JetLag wrote:
Welcome, new-citizen Catie, to the Wrong Planet community.

Thank you, old-citizen JetLag! :)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2009, 8:43 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2009, 9:59 pm

Welcome to WP!

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 Apr 2009, 5:50 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

Dee_
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Apr 2009, 7:25 pm

Welcome to WP.

I am an Autistic with ADHD.... I do not walk on my toes though... but my 12 year old daughter does all the time and she is also Autistic...

I am quite eccentric according to others that deem themselves as being more normal on the NT spectrum...

Yet, I am the most normal person to myself because I have been like myself my whole life...

Icela
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Apr 2009, 9:40 am

hi Catie i walk on my toes a lot too so don't feel alone there's tons of of people like us. I've been diagnosed with aspie's too, my grandpa has it, my uncle has it , and now my family has found out i have it so i guess it runs in the family. i rock back and forth a lot and don;t notice so don't feel so alone u just have to find others like us at school and suddenly u won't feel so lonely. some parents don't want their children to be "different" from the others at their school. I'm a girl too by the way.

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2009, 10:08 am

Personas Fookaz and Icela

Welcome to join in and talk with us!

I got my diagnosis when I was 25 years old, now Im 34. Its good for the two of you who are young to be aware of AS at this stage. I struggled with my life alot before the diagnosis. And for Fookaz its of course better later than never. You also get some strength for the rest of your life beeing forced to fight a bit extra during so many years

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Apr 2009, 11:38 am

Fookaz wrote:

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

Come on over to the Dino-Aspie Ex Cafe...